Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

People who truly believe Spirit is not OP. Why?

2»

Comments

• vogit10102vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

guy, really you are asking this in a killer forum? What do you expect?

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited August 2020

Much like Deathslinger, her chase game is stupidly broken and uncounterable, but she has no map presence of any kind. They're both in 2 extremes of being really good in a chase but also really bad at pressuring gens which leads to them sort of being balanced in a gross kind of way, which is bad design imo. Same with Hag and Pyramid Head. Really wish BHVR would look at their other killers more like Demo, Billy, Oni, Plague...killers that have a good chase but also decent map presence, making them balanced and fun.

• SloppyKnockoutSloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

She's not OP. She's unfair.

Especially when running stridor. There's just nothing the survivor can do at that point other that be "outplayed" (and I use that word loosely).

A Spirit without stridor? Perfectly fine.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,696

Because walls, pallets and vaults exist....and my shift button isn't glued down....

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 1,474

no, because no, change my mind.

• SquirrelKnightSquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

I feel like people see a killer that is frustrating and rather than understand how she works, how her phasing works and rather than thinking about what she has to give up she gets a catchall OP term slapped on her

• ShmockyShmocky Member Posts: 3

Dude she does have Map Presence. She has 172% movement speed during phase. That's 62% of her normal speed, and she gets that for 8 seconds. Whisperers is a meta perk on (literally every killer) her, because she can just go within 32 meters of a gen and keep phasing around, causing her to get all the pressure she needs with 1 simple phase. Her 1v4 is pretty good, but her 1v1 is extremely good. She forces a guess onto the survivor by making them have to think "Is she standing still? Or is she phasing?" That's not a mindgame as there is no reading to it. It's a guess. Her Power is insanely OP in 1v1 but it's decent in 1v4. Unlike Nurse, however, she doesn't have extremely strong at both. Just a really strong one and a decent one. There's some killers that have really strong snowball, but because of that are weak like Hag. With the slowdown coming soon (probs not cuz Bhvr makes too many empty promises) Those killers will become the best killers in the game because they won't have to set up. Spirit she has her power from the get-go, and doesn't have to snowball. I feel like her entire kit needs a rework just to make her fun to play against, because they nerfed Billy for 0 reason why can't they nerf Spirit, a killer complained about 24/7? It's because the devs are noobs. They want a killer that doesn't take skill and that they can have new players play, Despite the fact that killer is much stronger than survivor at 200 hours and under and rank 10 - 20. Billy took skill, so they nerfed him. The devs just like nerfing things that nobody complains about and then not changing things that people complain about because according to Mathieu Cote, infuriation is a good part of DBD. The devs want us to get pissed, they don't care about us they only care about money. Which is why Spirit has yet to be changed. Which is why she is unfun, but not OP. She just has the illusion of being OP. Doesn't mean she isn't extremely strong though. I just wish they would change her and actually make her fun, ask the community if it's good, make a ptb, change some things, and make sure both survivors and killers enjoy her.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,801

She’s not OP because...

1.) Her power is on a cooldown, she can’t spam it. If she messes up or you confuse her then she is a 110% killer.

2.) She can still be beaten. If she was OP then she would be unbeatable.

3.) Windows are your friend. God windows destroy Spirit.

4.) She has no map pressure. If she uses her power for map pressure then she has no chase potential. Big maps like Mother’s Dwelling are hell for her.

5.) Sounds are bugged and sometimes you can’t even hear survivors.

She has a very good 1V1 chase potential but her 4V1 isn’t the best.

Spirit isn’t OP nor has she ever been.

• woundcowboywoundcowboy Member Posts: 1,050

How is guessing not fair? I’d argue that what other killers have to do (eat pallet after pallet with little to no counter) is much more unfair than guessing. The survivor dictates everything.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 10,649

I haven't ever had a problem juking or running her around. Spirit has the potential for massive mindgames but can also be mindgamed pretty hard too.

• DarkskiesDarkskies Member Posts: 1,140

I love vrs spirit it's super God damn scary the only killer I dread being injured against I feel rewarded if I put duke her or make correct reads. It's good fun for myself I don't get why she is hated.

• ChiTenshiChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

I don’t believe she is over-powered, but I believe she is slightly over-performing.

The one thing that needs tweaking is her post-phase movement speed. It’s a nice hand-holding mechanism for player starting to learn The Spirit, but it’s overkill on experienced Killers who can abuse the free hit.

• SpyMatureSpyMature Member Posts: 204

She's not OP, but it's that she has no counterplay and is not enjoyable to play against, so I'd rather just kill myself on the first hook and move on and get ANY other killer but Spirit, I'd much rather go against Nurse than Spirit.

• JHondoJHondo Member Posts: 1,077

560 hours in game, Hybrid player (not a Killer or Survivor main) and I don't think she is OP. Her power is frustrating but most are fairly predictable in their movements and can be easily confused since scratch marks are really her only tracking ability when using her power as collision doesn't exist anymore and sounds are bugged/her character noise is louder than footsteps/breathing on healthy Survivors.

Playing the "guessing game" against her can be frustrating but I am also a player that doesn't run one tile as long as I can, I run tiles together to moderate success against most killers. Also I have had amazing luck against them by breaking LoS and camping a pallet until she comes by, then I either get a hit and a stun or I get a stun and run off to the next tile.

To the argument that "Every good spirit runs Stridor", out of probably 40 games I've played against Spirit I have only seen maybe four with Stridor in any rank and didn't even notice a difference in their play style.

She is a killer that has some frustrations but like many of the killers people keep complaining about lately she just requires you to change how you play instead of robot running the same loops the same way you run every m1 killer.

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,077

Put quite simply, i have won and lost against both bad and good spirits. I play stealthy, I play her in in our KWF games so i have a broad idea of what the tactics are and I pay attention to certain tells that might alert me to what perks they are using.

Sometimes I will get utterly flattened, either by my own stupidity or because they are pretty damn good at predicting what I'M going to do. Other times i'm out the gate and considering it a good if somewhat tense game.

My experiences may not be your experiences, but frankly, I'll pee my pants over a Zoom Zoom Billy or a gen grab Myers before i worry over a spirit.

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,016

I've played once (last week) as the spirit and got 4k and 1 gen popped. Picked up spirit, started a match and won easily. So my point is, if someone on there first go can clean up with her, how strong is she in experienced hands?

• Prex91Prex91 Member Posts: 611

I think to give more visual indication on her, to make cleaner when she start using her power can be a good thing when she stand still at loops, and not hurt her, because she can fast cancel and fake it.

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 3,839

So a killer being the power role and being control in the chase (which only nurse and her can do) is a bad thing? We just want all killers to be looped to death? Tru3 and otz have mentioned this (otz added hag though)

• TheMonadoBoiTheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 343

Cause she's fun.

I don't enjoy going against clown or legion cause it's braindead looping, you have to plan or strategise 0 times during a chase. Spirit actually requires SOME thought from my part (looking at the grass, hearing for footsteps, THINKING what she's thinking or what she wants to do).

It's not just mindlessly going around a couple crates or walls, window vault, pallet, repeat. Idk why people HATE playing the game so much, if I wanted a bot that just followed around and broke pallets I'd go to the tutorial.

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

1 step to bringing her down a notch is preventing stridor from working whilst in phase

if not that then a clearer tell, something to bring in line with all other killers

• KellieKellie Member Posts: 1,328

Are you the killer that assumes every good group of survivors are SWF or?

• TheMonadoBoiTheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 343
    edited August 2020

If Stridor doesn't work while in phase, make Iron Will not work while in phase.

Simple as that, either no one gets an advantage or she gets it because she's the killer, assuming the devs understand this is a 4v1 the killer HAS to get you eventually.

• MapersonMaperson Member Posts: 1,489

Absolutely not, I play both sides, but I think it's only fair to nerf her if other strong side is getting it. (You know what kind of swf I mean)

• PleassBuiltInNoedPleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 561

well that is my point, the game is rng based thats why spirit is actually fair, she still can be destroyed by god survivors

• SuivSuiv Member Posts: 35

So are you trying to say Billy is better then Spirit? Spirit is one of the only killers that plays her own game.

With billy yeah sure you have the speed and insta down with your saw, but if a survivor gets to a jungle gym or any good tile you are going to get looped for a bit. Granted that is depending on the MMR of the survivors. With billy if you are going against a strong team you will get looped for a while and they prob won't fall for mind games. With Billy you have limited options at loops Double Back,Moonwalk,back rev etc.

Spirit on the other hand she has way more mind games with the passive phasing plus not to mention if the survivor is in her TR they wont hear the vacuum sound of her phasing. Plus on top of the mind games and reads that you can do with her power you can play tiles like normal killers to until your power comes back.

In order to counter spirit you kinda need to guess her reads. If you are running towards Killer Shack and she is phasing at you and you throw down the pallet, there are 1 of 2 things she is going to do phase around to the window to predict the vault or stop at pallet and break it. Granted there is always the 3rd option that she phases around to the other door which is unlikely tho. If she does this not only will it waste time on her power making the cooldown longer, but the survivor can just vault the pallet trapping her inside. Doing this means survivor gets big distance.

So Spirit OP? honeslty I don't think so she is almost like nurse in a way Nurse is hard to play and you have people who are bad with her complaining she needs Buffed. With Spirit survivors just havent adapted to making the reads to fool Spirit granted it is easier said then done.

• KellieKellie Member Posts: 1,328
  • MapersonMaperson Member Posts: 1,489

They can do something, it just not in they're list yet, maybe they could make them use 1-2 perk each, idk, but they should do something