Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How’s the MM system going for you guys?

Comments

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,313

I don't understand it myself. I get Nurse is a tough one to learn, so I was of course making so many obvious mistakes, but it was the fact survivors knew exactly where Gens were, the best loops to use, etc. Seemed a little too high skilled if I was supposed to be matched against a lower skilled team if I've never played Nurse. It's just putting me off learning Nurse all over again honestly.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,372

this meant to be better?

• DaKnightDaKnight Member Posts: 720

It was a streamer who does viewer requested builds. The guy had like 5,000+ hours or something.

Pretty much everyone went down in under 15 seconds, my gen gets popped like 3x times in a row and someone suicides on 2nd hook. Then the last guy, who went into the basement, sat there struggling on hook for the full minute while the nurse looked for me even though we had 3 gens left.

Not the worst match i've ever played, but close. I think ill just stick to killer for a while.

• malatrusemalatruse Member Posts: 712
  • TricksTricks Member Posts: 957

No change. Still hillariously borked as hell. my last 3 matches on 3 different killers:

• ClintonClinton Member Posts: 303

Just played Clown for a daily and a rank 2 killer currently.

I got a rank 16, 8, 7, and 6. The rank 16 D/C after I downed him. The survivors were really bad, not what I am used to that's for sure.

• C_FrankC_Frank Member Posts: 179

I can not believe it.

Now the new system is worse.

The only explanation that I find is that nobody has mmr and you can get together with any player.

• stargazer9stargazer9 Member Posts: 643

That’s what it looks like. Maybe that’s why matchmaking is faster also :\

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

First 3 games were really great /s (just cut out ranks and matche's kills when I played my main killer rank 1, not like they had perks anyway)

Killing rank 20s who are supposedly on my level has never been so much fun /s.

I never thought I'll miss old ranking system so much.

• whiteixalwhiteixal Member Posts: 23

it's pretty much guaranteed that at least 1 survivor will be at white rank even against the red killer

it does spice up the game a little for me, but I doubt those new players will have any fun experience

• VIleVIle Member Posts: 167

LVL 20 Killer (never play killer and when I do it's for 'fun' / memeing - but new players forget or don't know what 'fun' is so I don't play nice anymore.."

First lobby was two LVL 9s and two LVL 5s.

Wat?

I DCed after being looped flashlighted lopped looped ran ran lopped flash lighted palleted palleted palleted Eff it. It's worse than ever.

• ExorExor Member Posts: 235

A player with 4.7k hours should not face these types of players.

In general, all of my last 10 games were over with at max 4 gens remaining and me ending up farming with them, unless I held back from the start.

• UnicornUnicorn Member Posts: 2,238

I see. So what I’m getting (and feel free to interfere/correct me, the general gist of things is that in order for the MMR system to be accurate (new or experienced) players have to play at least 10 matches. However, new players are doing placement matches to build up their data/skill so they can possibly climb, as to experience players are doing matches that adjust your rating based on the data/skill level that is already in the system. I may be wrong, as it is a little confusing because the statements kinda collide and contradict each other but I believe that’s what they’re trying to get at here.

• FellowKillerMainFellowKillerMain Member Posts: 727

Well, they did say that rank no longer factors in. Instead it's how you perform in the previous game.

For me, I think it works fine. But I've been playing forever and am used to players from all experience levels. So, I don't know if I'm a good gauge on it's effectiveness, especially when considering newer killers' experience with it.

It did however break my BP farming build. The build relied on survivors finishing gens quickly, so I didn't damage gens and focused on just hooking people once. I normally safety pipped, or depipped, but still played against skilled players. With the new system, I eventually get players who don't finish gens quickly, forcing me to kill everyone which takes a lot longer.

• hahadrillgobrrrhahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

I've seen couple of times. They are very rare. Don't know why.

• HermanTheDoctor HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 204
    edited August 2020

Guys, just play 5,6,7,8 Games and then you will feel the difference. Dont expect a difference after a few games. Especially as Killer. Every Killer has his own individual internal MMR. I've being testing it since a week on Xbox, and i feel a huge difference when i play Doc or Killers with i am bad with. :)

important edit: everyone starts at the same Level. The Ranks doesn't matter anymore. Thats the reason why you facing R20-15

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I checked the profile of the guy with no perks and he had less than 1 hour in the game.

This isn't a case of "rank doesn't equal skill", it's people who are BRAND NEW to the game being paired with/against people with thousands of hours. It's absolutely awful.

I've put up with some crap in this game but I think this is the last straw for me.

• CosmicParagonCosmicParagon Member Posts: 966

3 games in a row with red ranks that called me ######### for being bad at nurse, whover designed the MMR needs to be fired and blacklisted for extreme incompetence

• solidhexsolidhex Member Posts: 691

I played 4 games, 3 killer 1 surv. I didn't tryhard, just wanted to see if the system works. I am red ranks in both.

1. 4k with Spirit with 4 gens left - 1 red, 2 purple, 1 yellow. I actually chased 2 survs a bit longer and they didn't manage to get more than one gen done...
    2. 1k with Wraith (damn you, Rotten Fields!) - 2 red, 1 purple, 1 yellow. I played bad so this is ok, i'm cornblind.
    3. 1k with Ghostface on Yamaoke, i played good but i didn't manage my hooks, so i hooked everyone twice and only killed one. They splitted up on gens and did the ones in the middle first. Could have been much more kills if i had played more clever. - 3 reds, 1 green
    4. survivor match, rank 17 legion got bullied by some guys, i did 3 gens all alone... 1 red, 1 purple, 2 grey

so far i wouldn't say it works perfectly, but let's give it some time, let's the see how it goes in a week or so.