Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Gen rushing isnt a thing

Comments

• DarKaronDarKaron Member Posts: 604

The problem stemming around gen rushing is twofold.

On the one hand, Survivors have nothing else TO do, so if they aren't in a chase or cleansing a Totem, what else are they to do except play M1 Simulator?

On the other hand, Killers can't effectively fight it because they physically CANNOT be in 4 places at once, or even in two places at once to attempt to lock Survivors down. The closest options they have is Freddy running Discordance/Ruin+Surveillance, and even that has its drawbacks.

• FattiePoobumFattiePoobum Member Posts: 293

Forget map pressure and build for 3 gen for these 2 killers.

• Getya_MadGetya_Mad Member Posts: 42

Bait but I'll bite....okay, camping isnt a thing either. There, I win.

• RavenTuftyRavenTufty Member Posts: 6

Doing generators isnt gen rushing, it's gen rushing when all the survivors rush 1 gen, then the next ect. ect.

• SadsnacksSadsnacks Member Posts: 670

Clearly you're a rank 1 killer who has prestiged all killers.

We bow to your wisdom and guidance

😑

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 4,684

It is a thing. The term is just way over used. Just as tunneling and camping are over used. Most of the time these things are called out when not appropriate to the situation.

• KaitsjaKaitsja Member Posts: 446

Genrushing is not simply doing gens. I had a game where survivors popped three gens before corrupt intervention was lifted. Three out of four were running toolboxes with brand new part. Just in case, they were also running decisive strike. One of them was running borrowed time. This happened on Coldwind Farm.

But sure, "genrushing isn't a thing".

• yusdacrayusdacra Member Posts: 56

Nice bait.

• RizeAkiRizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Yep and camping, slugging, and tunneling don’t exist

• ReinamiReinami Member Posts: 2,285

I find it funny when survivors complain about "camping" like sorry for doing my only objective in the game. Is it my fault that you cant apply map pressure well enough??? The term "camping" is laughable and only serves 1 purpose which is as an excuse for terrible survivors when they get outclassed. Survivor mains only seem to know how to complain, it's not like we are the ones with the ability to run away from our opposition

• Kisagi1990Kisagi1990 Member Posts: 184
    edited August 2020

I agree with the OP.

If you cant stop all survivors from doing 1 gen no matter the killer, you should quit.

I'm a 50/50 player. I play both killer and survivor. When I play killer, only time this idea of "gen rushing" is when I'm being looped by a single survivor. Other then that, i play most killers yet no survivors have been able to successfully gen rush me at all. I've had 2 people on a gen and when i chase one, the other circles around and finishes it up and sometimes i catch them before they do. I've NEVER had gens done before i crossed the map. Its impossible if you understand that you always check the farthest gen first. 9/10 times I guarantee they are there. If you walk to EVERY gen on the way then yea. But you just gotta go close enough to hear the progress. I play on plague a lot 2. Since I bought her a month ago and every match I've played with her, I killed every survivor by just puking on gens and keeping them from rushing. Clown I've played 3 times and could only kill a max of 3 people in a match but that's just cause he sucks in general. But no. Gen rushing doesnt exist. Bad killers do.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 5,746

Well it is a thing

Genrushing is the tactic to burn through the gens as fast as possible while ignoring other task like healing or bones

What you meant to say was that it isn't a problem in your opinion

Again. It's not gen rushing. It's getting them done like you are supposed to. If they finish fast that's fine. You dont have to heal if you dont want to and you can heal really quickly after finishing the gen and that's what most people do. Others are probably hoping for DS or maybe 99ing there health to trip up the killer. Gen rushing does not exist. Just the completion of the gens

• KikkiKikki Member Posts: 536

Such a survivor main xD

I play BOTH sides.

Now tell me HOW can I pressue if I chase someone if the other survivor's are on different gen's and they are ready in 80-60 sec's? I have to hook people too!

But yeah I assume you must be that type of survivor where is buttdancing on the exit gates too if read your posts.

Play killer please befor you post ######### like this.

• eleetmatteleetmatt Member Posts: 11

I find that a lot of the same people who say genrushing is not a thing are the same ones who complain about noed. Genrushing is just a term used to describe something that happened, whether it be lack or map pressure from the killer or skilled loopers who focus only on getting gens done as fast as humanly possible with add ons and perks specifically making it quicker, as opposed to just playing the game casually and letting it play out where it's fun and exciting.

It turns into confusion when everytime gens pop fast as hell, killers act like it's always a thing survivors are doing intentionally to piss them off. The killer cant get enough map pressure sometimes, and other times you'll see end game screens with 2 or 3 bnp, 2 people with prove thyself, all with toolboxes. Alot of times it's a mixture of both. The correct way to use the term would be just to describe something that happened, not really a thing that survivors are always coming into a game to purposely do to you.

The speed is the problem of the killers. If people choose to not be healed that's perfectly fine. They dont have to. The believe survival is a better tactic then healing. Doesn't mean its gen rushing. Gen rushing is a term created by sour killers because the survivors outsmarted them and completed their objective quickly. Gen rushing is not a thing.

Even if people rush gens, "gen rushing" isnt a thing. If it is it only became so because killers whined about it in the first place. But it doesnt exist. People just get gens dont fast sometimes. And no matter the map, a killer has the power to stop the gens. Hell I'd say "gen looping" is more of a thing then "gen rushing" will ever be. Especially since it's a term the killers made to complain about being outsmarted as quickly as possible.

• Demonl3yDemonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

Just because its the ,,objective" it doesnt mean it doesnt exists.

Also its not really your objective. Your objective is to survive.

That being said, theres NOTHING wrong with genrushing but that doesnt mean it doesnt exists.

• solidhexsolidhex Member Posts: 564

i just had 2 games with spirit. i have around 300-400 hours only playing her, and maybe 300-400 hours other killers. I'm not a god, but i'm ok, and she is the best killer in the game probably. I also play meta perks.

It was impossible for me to do anything. They splitted up on gens (both were probably swf, all from the same country). Only solution would be probably stay near the hook and hope for a fast save to add pressure. I tried to go after the survivors that BBQ showed me and that were on gens. They were hiding or holding W effectively when i approached the gens. I didn't chased them long. But gens were flying in both games. This for me is the true indicator that something is heavily unbalanced in this game. It's so absolutely not fun, and the new MMR gives me either this or absolute newbies with 50h in the game.

If it stays like that, i'm out for good, that's for sure. Survivors is too bland to play on a motivated, regular basis

• eleetmatteleetmatt Member Posts: 11

I understand your point which is why I always say its overused and misused as a term. I've had 3 or 4 bnp in one game with multiple prove thyself and got obliterated in the first few minutes on a few separate occasions. That's what I mean when I say it but I'm not directing it at them like they are ######### for it. Some people just see it as they're doing their objective. I just say it referring to a game that went significantly faster than my usual games, and I play against good survivors so if they pop extra fast, they're god tier. People just made a name for something that happens and a lot of killers abuse the term to make it seem like they didnt get outplayed and it was out of their control. Sometimes it was and sometimes they didnt play their cards right

• NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Is tunneling not real too then?

Because it's the most effective way to apply pressure as killer.

• VenoxxieVenoxxie Member Posts: 300

I mean... bro has a point though.

What else should we do? Sit in the open and just let you killers find us so you can hook us and win? Sorry, you don't get free wins all the time??? You can get across the map fast enough to stop someone working on a gen. It's all in how you loop, if you cannot loop well enough then that is not the survivor's problem. If you down someone within 20 seconds, you're probably good. If you down someone within a minute or more, you suck and that's why you cannot pressure. I have seen actually skilled killers be able to make it so either no gens get done or at least only two gens get done at max.

Just admit you're not good instead of crying "gen rushers!"

But as some killers have said, yes "gen rushing" is the equivalent to tunneling. Doing gens to get out & survive = survivor objective. Killing survivors = killer objective. Getting a weak link out of the game applies pressure. But yet... at the saaaame tiiiime... all of you killers saying "Well how about tunneling?" are also the ones who complain about gen rushing probably. So don't throw "tunneling is the equivalent of gen rushing" in our face when you believe in the term gen rushing and get mad about it but yet think there's nothing wrong with tunneling.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a survivor main and never believed people should get as mad as they do about tunneling (I understand a bit though when it's like 'Why should we play if we can't actually play because we're just tunneled out of almost every match?'). But if killer mains don't want us getting butthurt 'bout tunnels then I don't wanna see no killer getting butthurt about genrushing. It's annoying to see.

• rd_dexrd_dex Member Posts: 253

I would much rather have 2,3 survivors smashing one gen in 30 seconds, than 4 survivors doing 4 separate gens.

• Freddo_BagginzFreddo_Bagginz Member Posts: 15

This thread is funny

• NoObzBoiYTNoObzBoiYT Member Posts: 192

Just like tunneling and camping isn’t a thing

• DominicR529DominicR529 Member Posts: 23

Why do salty killer mains keep saying this. They're 2 completely different things. Lol

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 5,746

Sigh nevermind

You're not really comprehending what i'm saying

This discussion has been closed.