Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Is it nearly impossible to pip as Bubba??

I've had a string of 3k (have to play with sound off, so everyone keeps finding hatch), and every single one has been a brutal killer. Heck, the last couple fell TWO OR THREE POINTS SHORT of ruthless killer. Is hitting people with the chainsaw bad??

Comments

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

You are probably using your chainsaw too much. One hit downs are bad for the chaser emblem if I am not mistaken.

• PawcelotPawcelot Member Posts: 985

Any killer that have the power to instantly down a survivor (chainsaw, broken due to plague etc) means they barely get any chase. This hurts them in the ranking system.

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 2,050

I 4k with adept perk and speed limiter on... the best I did was ruthless killer, never adept..

i'm still trying though

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

It sounds silly, but yes: If you want to pip, don't use the chainsaw.

• SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 893

So you telling me as Bubba I should not use the chainsaw?

Something is very wrong here, you can't be serious. This needs fixing ASAP

• bgbombbgbomb Member Posts: 434

nearly impossible

4K just pip in green rank

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 3,070

Leatherface has always suffered in the chaser emblem if you used his chainsaw before the rework. The only difference is that before the rework getting chainsaw downs as Leatherface was not nearly as reliable so you often were forced into M1 situations compared to reworked Leatherface who can now chase survivors around loops with his chainsaw and get the down.

• Starr43Starr43 Member Posts: 835

I thought I would hate the token meter but the timing is honestly like a waltz.. Charge and 123 rev, 123 rev, 123 rev. Personally I think they’ve messed with killers like Nurse and Billy in an attempt to force people into getting dlc killers.

Without addons Bubba can 3 step waltz down the majority of the Silent Hill hallways.

Oh and don’t worry about pips.. I didn’t play Killer for about a month so I was sitting at purple 5.. my first game since before reset it matched me against three rank 20’s and a red 4.. game right after it was mixed like rank 6, 8,9, 2. You’ll notice the player skill level go up if you keep sweeping the matches regardless of pips. I hopped on an alternate account I hadn’t used in awhile to see how things really were and my 1 perk rank 20 killer was up against red ranks immediately. Just play and try to have fun<3