Home Discussions General Discussions

MMR: Otzdarva and rank 15 survivors

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I'm not defending, I'm trying to get all the facts.

Try again.

• luvcraftluvcraft Member Posts: 362
    edited August 4

this is really sad to watch. I don't know how many hours its been, but he is STILL getting 3/4 rank 20 survivors.

https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 4
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,510

This is why we say rank doesnt matter. Because it isnt the "true skill" level. It's more consistency and time played. Not skill. Its why rank 10s beat rank 1s.

So if the mmr works, it will match accordingly, because rank doesnt matter.

• NamelessNameless Member Posts: 458

I understand that it could take some time for the MMR to adjust so you could somewhat "justify" going against green ranks and maybe even these rank 13 and 14 survivors but can't you make it so the system prevents red ranks, purple ranks, hell probably even green ranks from playing against literally new players? I just killed 2 babies with like 10 hours into the game and I'm certain I'm going to hell for this.

• AVoiceOfReasonAVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 658
    edited August 4

I don't know where you're getting your vids from but his last video was today.

This was literally today. MMR is working.

Edit: Removed the files and figured out how to upload the pics xD

edited August 4
  • KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 975

I don't know why Otz is getting these kinds of matches, but I am certainly getting the appropriate matchups. When the batches are unbalanced, it can lead to unbalanced matches, especially on the higher and lower ends of the MMR, but that is expected. If they didn't use a batch system, which selects say the first 100 killers in the queue, and the first 400 survivors in the queue, and then matches them as best they can, then we'd be waiting 10, 20, 45 minutes for matches.

After about 5 or 6 matches, the system seemed to be pretty much dialed in, with the exception of the outliers (see above). Even the outliers weren't that bad. I no longer get killers that literally camp everyone on hook until they're dead, and I no longer see survivors that are so scared that they hide the entire match. Watching a survivor inch to you so slowly that you die on the hook before they get to you, is beyond frustrating. And YES, this is exactly how red ranks were before the MMR system. It's nice playing with survivors who actually do totems as well.

I'll be killing this weekend, so we'll see how that goes, but I don't expect anything different. For those who are curious, I play on the PS4 (only play PC for the PTB), US-West region, and this is the first time in an EXTREMELY long time that I can say that they actually did something right. When was the last time that they did something right? When they reworked Hag. That's a LONG dry spell.

edited August 4

I know from your screenshots that he's switching killers instead of playing the same one to get his actual MMR rank to settle :) I provided proof and I was not condescending :) This was his newest video. Stop spreading a false narrative. If you don't understand how an MMR works, don't talk about it then. Switching killers over and over again will keep giving him new players. Until you've done a certain amount with the same killer, you won't have an accurate MMR.

Edit: Spelling mistake.

• hahadrillgobrrrhahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

At mid ranks and worked their way up. As it should be. Not this nonsense we have in DBD.

Claiming something as FACT when the person is switching to different killers and getting low lobbies KNOWING that it requires multiple matches with the same KILLER to get an accurate score for that specific KILLER then saying MMR is not working is FALSE. You showed that he switches killer a lot. It's already known that it requires multiple games with the same killer and each KILLER will have it's own MMR.

It was known for awhile now. That's why your proof isn't proof. It just shows that he's playing different killers without giving MMR a chance to work like intended.

Using a picture to valid your argument that MMR is not working is what you call proof. Your argument was that MMR isn't working. Here's pics of Ortz to prove that it's not. MMR is working as intended. It's simple as that. It doesn't matter that a streamer who plays 3 hours a day isn't playing enough or using the same character enough to get a valid MMR.

Yet you keep going on about MMR :) It seems you've edited a few post also since we've talked. Around the time I started to add my proof, your comments are edited now. I guess if we can't see the initial comment, we can easily say something else, I suppose. Ortz doesn't seem to be that good. Honestly, basing something on a single individual is a waste of time. I guess if he's STILL getting Rank 20's and MMR is working, he's not a real Rank 1. Just plays a lot. Take care and don't edit posts to make someone look bad.

• xenofon13xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,072
    edited August 4

You're funny.

Did you quit dbd? Or the video you posted all over the forums, was for the views?

Gotcha.

Yeah, I'm a troll who's posting pics of a streamer and using it as a way to say MMR isn't working then editing my comments shortly after someone says something about it. Yet, I'm the troll. Alright. You think whatever. I won't bother replying to anything you say but I will to others. Finally, if Ortz has followers that act like this, I'll be glad to unsub from him. Take care. I speak facts, not feelings.

edited August 4
  • DarkskiesDarkskies Member Posts: 907

Those poor babies vrs his iri head ebony Huntress... Honestly his point on add ons and items he has a point they should factor in on the MMR system right right..?

I firstly want to personally apologies to all new players that are getting horrible match making atm

🐷😭

• IIITweedleIIIIIITweedleIII Member Posts: 794

Meh, I prefer to watch Ohmwrecker. He's a.lot entertaining 😬

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Remember when the devs said that killer MMR is separated per killer?

You see how he's changing the killer for each match?

It's going to be a very long time until the MMR evens out unless he plays one killer to get the ranking up quicker...

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 609

I think the real problem is that the devs said for months that they were collecting information for the mmr system so when it went live it would have data to use. People assumed that would mean they wouldn't be thrown into matches against literal new players since they should have higher mmr than a new player.

If this was a new system with no previous data to use I think people wouldn't be complaining as much.