Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Do red rank killers win every game?

2»

Comments

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,309

We are humans. Therefore, we make mistakes because we are not perfect. Even a very good killer can be stomped given the right circumstances.

• SocialDistomancySocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited August 2020

moderately skilled killers might begin having a rough time once their mmr gets too high. The reason for that is once there's no longer a random potato to crack the door open with a sweaty duo or trio, you might find yourself having a very hard time getting more than a couple of kills in a game any more rendering a lot of rift challenges effectively impossible to complete without sympathetic survivors or pretending to farm and then morying all of them.

in the end the matchmaking will not be any better once it reaches that point. Especially if they don't change future rift challenges appropriately to compensate for the increased overall difficulty killer will be going forward. That's before they ruin moris even to keep swf happy and buying costumes. They're gonna need to act fast to keep the killers feeling satisfied and motivated to play killers or the game at all once the mmr singularity comes. The point it becomes aware of how pointless it is. Once people quit games these days, they rarely come back to them. I honestly don't expect a lot of killers to stick around once they realize they'll never get any potatos again without afking to offset their good matches, let alone potato swf... if you don't like the idea of swf now wait until then. Being a killer is gonna be even more frustrating and unrewarding a few months down the road once the mmr smooths itself out, especially if they don't finally let you opt of facing swf. I can't wait to see the threads 2 or 3 months from now. And with how polarized asymmetricals are, it is gonna be entertaining. I'm gonna have some doritos and beer ready to read as much of it as I can for the lulz.

• iBetClaudetteiBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

Most streamers will also only show their "God-like" games as killers and rarely show when they're stomped on by great survivors.

• PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,149

Couldn't you make it sound a bit more biased? It sounds almost as if you're a Killer main!

• honestscripthonestscript Member Posts: 235

Being a no friend loser, im trained in the art of solo survivor. I escape about two thirds of my games. And no i dont use the small pp builds.

• SurviveByDaylightSurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720

what is winning really? 4K? Losing is anything less than that? I find it ridiculously easy to play as killer in this game. Tbh I’m fine with

2-3K a game. But this game is too easy for killers tbh. Devs have done nothing but pamper baby killers by keeping Mori’s in the game 😂

• SurviveByDaylightSurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720

Also, the hitboxes are currently messed up. I wish there was somewhere I can send video clips of getting hit through windows and pallets when I know for a fact I shouldn’t have. They need to fix the killer hits. It’s kind of unfair at the moment.

• RizeAkiRizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Oh yeah there are definitely a handful of bad games you will get but once you level killers and learn them well you should see most of your games being 2-4K

• maderrmaderr Member Posts: 251

A really good nurse/spirit with great perks/addons will 4k almost all the time.

Any other killer will struggle against a good SWF.

I'm playing in a great (even top) SWF. Started to play Dbd again after 1 year off.

Was rank 20, now i'm rank 3 (almost 2), i succeded to exit 80% of my games, maybe 85%... Everytime i died, it was against a spirit with Stridor.

• zacattak48zacattak48 Member Posts: 100

Getting a 4k everygame in red ranks is not always possible. I do very well 90% but occasionally there is a really good 4 man swf when im not a viable killer like clown or deathslinger and cant do much. If you lose to a good team dont feel bad. Odds are there wasnt much you could do as gens are just too quick.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,966

Goodness, no. A lot of my games 3 - 4 escape, and I only maintain rank due to efficient juggling, just not enough to clinch kills. Then there are the games where I am completely trounced, be it at loops, or blitzed at gens. That's ignoring the SWF GGEZ squads.

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Believe me, even as a streamer/creator there are people (including myself) that put an unreasonable amount of pressure on me to perform to their expectations.

You wouldn't really know it, but the majority of the Hag Main discord thinks I'm a garbage Hag for many reasons ranging from missed swings, perk choices, trap placement choices, and even getting mad when I deliberately chase survivors when I shouldn't.

Opinions, expectations, and standards that other people try to hold you to and hold against you are worth about as much as a meal after 24 hours.. put the opinions other people have about you where they belong... In the toilet and flush that #########.

The only person's expectations you should strive for are your own and don't beat yourself up if you don't do as well as you would like.

You can always improve, but don't beat yourself up about it if you're not doing as well as you would like.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Whaaaaat! You're the best hag I know so don't go letting them call you bad.

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
  • solidhexsolidhex Member Posts: 691

In my experience it's a 50/50 chance that either the killer 3k/4k's or 0k/1k's ...those 2 kills 2 escapes matches are rare. Either the killer get's to snowballing and then he usually dominates and wins if not making a huge mistake or he doesn't get his foot into the door and usually loses (with the occasional endgame kill)

• ZephanUnboundZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227

Not even close. This game is definitely balanced in such a way that the survivors usually win assuming equal skill level, especially with SWF's taken into account.

• madradfoxmadradfox Member Posts: 183

It all depends on how you define winning.....

You have to remember that these streamers, who play as killers and actually put in 60 hours a week have their own private killer to worry about. Its name is diabetes. In many cases they already have gained enough experience to put it at Level Tw...I mean Type 2......and this particular killer happens to be very real, its terror radius is not measured in meters but in pounds (or kilograms)....of consumed snacks and fast food, its hindered status cannot be healed away, and eventually you eventually every day will start with automatic exhausted status.

My point being: don't ever measure your performance in anything - be it a sport, career, or a video game - against people that literally sacrifice the rest of their available time/lifespan in order to excel at any one particular thing.

• XpljesusXpljesus Member Posts: 392

I'd say I'm around the 80-90%% 4k range and I agree it's mostly on matchmaking and I will still be comfortably destroyed by a well coordinated good team, this happening about once a month I'd say. All it takes is one weaker player and the game is really difficult to win for survivors.

When people say rank doesn't matter, what they really mean is you only have to be hypothetically in a top percentile to get to purple/red ranks, that being purple/red rank doesn't actually make you good, therefore you cannot point to your rank as a measure to state you are good. We could even say this group of players is something like 40% of the active playerbase. This means I could hypothetically be in the top 5-10% of player skill, but that then 75% of games I am matched with inferior players and win without much trouble, the extreme examples being the occasional 50h baby who has zero idea what they are doing and hit rank 2 because they play with friends who are decent.

I also totally agree with your take kill rates, and a lot of data in general being irrelevant to balance, personally I think you can only reliably go off of gameplay experience & the eye test. From the November 2019 data, even in exclusively red ranks, Nurse and Huntress were in the bottom 4 killers and had lower killrates than Legion. Yet they are undeniably far better and neither of these killers need any buff whatsoever.

• mydogmax19mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266

Winning is hard to conclude on this game. However if we see winning as a 4k for instance then nah. Not every red rank killer gets a 4k every match.

• BaldursGate2BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

B-Tier and lower killers have always a hard time against competent survivors and it is not fun to play. So you have to stick to the good killers if you want more wins.

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,678

Obviously not. Most content creators only show their best matches but they don't win every game. That's pretty much impossible.