Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What Killer archetypes are yet to be seen in the game?

A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,456
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

We have:

• Trap Killers
  • Stealth Killers
  • Ranged Killers
  • Teleporting Killers
  • Time wasting/saving Killers
  • High mobility Killers
  • Insta-down Killers
  • Tracking Killers
  • Status effect inflicting Killers

...What could we be missing? Is there a chance for a new type of Killer? or will each new Killer just fall into one of these above categories, or multiple?

• Deceptive/trickery Killers?
  • Heavy base stat altered with no power Killers?
  • Pet Killers?

Are these possibilities? What ideas do you have?

Comments

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,670

Maybe a juggernaut who can smash walls and obstacles?

• IIITweedleIIIIIITweedleIII Member Posts: 832
    edited August 2020

Ever played Arkham series? Theres a sewer stage where you run along floating raft bridges. Killer Croc attacks from below. I wonder if a similar idea could be something done like that. Where it keeps a survivor moving if they want to to get to a gen. Which is secure once you get to them. But any missed checks result in beu g shocked like disruption by the Doctor does when shocked. And what can hunt you is a sort of Sea/Sewer Dwelling Creature with tentacles. On other maps its still able to chase by running. But taking the animation that happens when sent to the cage of torment. That used for if failing to conti used running along the rafts you are taken under water. And only a slight chance to pull yourself up back on the path. 🤷‍♂️

Just a thought.

Just there is a lack of watery grave element to the game. But commercially there Are outfits about water faring.

I feel it's hinting. But taken with a grain of Sea Salt.

• NightmareRebornNightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    edited August 2020

I would love a heavily altered base stat killer. Would they be good? Probably not, but they'd be a good addition for a few reasons.

A) Its unique

B) It could be a easy addition

C) It could help newer players get a grip on the game's fundamentals

D) It could make for an interesting challenge at higher ranks.

E) I personally think it would be fun

• A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,456

A scarecrow Killer sounds neat, and creepy if done right. Maybe it would have a smaller terror radius, and each of it's decoys could have their own terror radius, so there's just small Terror radiuses dotted around the map. There is a lot they could do with a concept like that, although it could be similar to Demogorgons portals, unless switching "bodies" is almost instant with a cooldown.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,074

A killer that controls pets or a killer that alters the weather/lighting on the map as part of his power are on my list.

Oh and a killer that turns the survivors against each other. Like if the killer could look like other survivors which would make them try to avoid each other.

• 1BAMF4SHO1BAMF4SHO Member Posts: 2

A Mimic killer. That can mimic survivors, other killers, etc.

• GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 1,556

I would absolutely hate a Killer who relies on totems lol. I specifically avoid totem perks because totem spawns are 100% unreliable. I like your puppeteer idea though.

I like the idea, except that it'd get destroyed by SWF

• teamdehnteamdehn Member Posts: 222

this sounds like Jason. probably gonna be him if they get it.

• SadsnacksSadsnacks Member Posts: 673

A nautical killer!

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,666

someone with a hook but candyman will change that.

• teamdehnteamdehn Member Posts: 222

I had an idea for a gorgon killer where her power is a petrified stare and if the survivor is looking at them they get turned to stone.

Another killer that has golem placed around the map that the killer can Teleport to and assume control over, this can be countered with survivors using tool boxes to sabotage the golem.

A killer with a pet, since they are adding bots they could use that as to have a pet that looks for survivors

A killer with potions and based on which one they drink the have differing playstyles

A cultist who has a special alter and the more survivors they "hook" there they get stronger and stronger

• DeathslingerDeathslinger Member Posts: 570

What if instead of the Killer getting weaker as the survivors do totems (as we all would assume and are use to) he gets stronger? Would that be more interesting, couple that with a hex perk or two and now survivors have to decide if they are powerful enough loopers to purposely strengthen the killer or instead willing to deal with multiple Hexes which might be detrimental to them.

Just more food for thought on a bones killer. Also, make it a skeleton, like that dood in Killer Instinct. I’d main a Bones Killer :P

Yea except this killer would take it to a whole new level. All it takes is:

"Hey, are you with me in shack right now?"

"No, thats not me".

And bam, power 100% directly countered.

• YehBoiGokuYehBoiGoku Member Posts: 248

DUUUUDDDEEE!!! THERE SHOULD BE A KILLER THAT INVERTS CONTROLS and other stuff.

• Xbob42Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,118

Just a big ass snake. It just slithers around and over everything and bites you. That's it. How does it get you on the hook? Shut up, it's a snake.

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 3,256

Short Killer, Illusionary killer, Vore killer, Seductive Killer, Meme killer (think McCote as the killer) There's a lot more they could do.

They could even give a killer out for free but make it....really really bad on purpose but give you more bloodpoints for performing with them. That'd amuse people for a good while.

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,105

I really want a Killer whose power can change depending on their add-on loadout.

For example they might have an add-on that lets them set 2-3 bear traps; so whenever you see them in game you have to keep in mind "they could be running the bear trap add-on, I need to keep an eye out".

But they also have an add-on that lets them use throwing knives, so you also need to think "they could have a ranged attack, I need to pay attention".

And etc.

Basically, somebody like Myers, who puts the scary in DbD because their power is unpredictable in a way that Trapper's, Clown's, Hillbilly's, and etc.'s just can't be.

Like Myers, you could also give them visual cues for the first add-on slot; enough to reward the attentive and experienced Survivor while still letting the Killer have the chance to surprise them with their second add-on slot if they play their cards right.

• HalunHalun Member Posts: 177

This is basically my idea too, minus the mimicking other killers part. That might be a bit much.

But a killer that could disguise themselves like a survivor, lose their terror radius, etc? That could be really cool. There could be a lot of ways to expand and make it a really interesting semi-stealth playstyle.

My only fear is that SWF would instantly render the playstyle moot.

"Is that you A?"

"No!"

"B? C?"

"Nope!" x2

"Oh ok! It's the killer then!"

RIP.

• ToybasherToybasher Member Posts: 905

A killer that turns survivors into assistants. Like a mad scientist who turns survivors into zombies on third-hook.

Sadly SWF would just refuse to attack their teammates probably.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,855

We don't have killers who pose as survivors /thread.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,617

Pet Killers could be cool, eg someone who uses a dog/wolf with a KI, maybe even able to switch control of killer/pet. Another idea would be insects as the „pet“, utilizing bees for example (Candyman comes to mind) but there are other possibilities.

• ReinamiReinami Member Posts: 2,428
    edited August 2020
    • Killer with pet(s)
    • Werewolf (Could shift in and out of wolf form and have different powers based on form)
    • Something that allows you to control a survivor
    • Vampire
    • Succubus/Incubus (could maybe make survivors run to them/control survivors with "charm")
    • Lovecraft monster
    • Mimic (can become a survivor, probably needs other stuff due to SWF)
    • Killer that has various weapons throughout the map that each have different abilities. For example they could pick up a hammer, move slower, but 1 hit down. They could have a spear that could have long range etc.
  • RathoricRathoric Member Posts: 641
    edited August 2020

Maybe an Alchemist. Heavy Potion/Brew usage and can cycle between them for utility.

First ability cycles through his potions/brews, allowing you to choose, each potion has a separate cooldown but recharges regardless of what potion/brew you're on. Brews/potions to Hinder/Damage/Protect/Enhance.

Toss a protective potion at a generator or totem to force the entity to block that generator/totem for 20 seconds, can only affect one gen or totem at a time.

Toss a hindering potion to hinder a survivor with a random status condition for 60 seconds. Sloppy/blindness/hemo/oblivious

Toss a Damage corrosive potion at a survivor to damage, Aoe circle impact. Direct body hit causes broken status for 60 seconds. Potion similar to plague infection on objects but damages. Residue of the impact lingers for 20 seconds, can be used on pallets/windows and other interactables.

Chug an Enhancing potion for a Movement speed bonus for 5 seconds.

Maybe a stave for a melee weapon, idk haha.

Perks:

Don't touch what you can't afford - Obsession perk, you hate people who meddle in your affairs and touch what isn't their's, each time your obsession spends 10 seconds interacting with an object or person, Causes all nearby crows to flock and circle the survivor for 5/10/15 seconds, making them oblivious and alerting you to their location with their aura.

Recipe for Disaster - Any great skill checks performed fuels your hatred - Gain a token for 10% increased regression on Kicking a generator, 5 tokens.

Adaptive Mind - Survivor's who try to read your aura or other survivor's aura's will instead show you their aura, blocks your aura from being shown.

• SaltedSnowSaltedSnow Member Posts: 306

Make it permanently undetectable. I've got a decent idea for a mimic killer with multiple forms that has varying degrees of undetectable.