Home PTB Feedback Archives 2.6.0 PTB

Lets look at skin prices

Schulz_The_UglySchulz_The_Ugly Member Posts: 61
edited June 2018 in 2.6.0 PTB

loving the PTB yet auric skin prices seem a bit off. lets look at League of legends, it's a free game what an average skins costs 10€. Well same with DbD yet this game ain't free... Well yes the costy skins look amazing but still, feel like a rip-off when you already brought the game.... So I mean the prices should be a little lower: 8€ or something like that because people will certanly buy not one but more skins at once!

Comments

• ShadoureonShadoureon Member Posts: 493

Thank you for posting them so the rest of us sees them aswell!

• Schulz_The_UglySchulz_The_Ugly Member Posts: 61

@Shadoureon said:

ahhh posted prematurely xD

@Schulz_The_Ugly said:

@Shadoureon said:

ahhh posted prematurely xD

Well in my defense you only wrote "Loving" when I opened the thread haha

But to get to your point. In LoL you cant buy skins with IP and here you can with Shards so you can decide to spend money or farm Shards to buy them.

edited June 2018

@Shadoureon said:
    But to get to your point. In LoL you cant buy skins with IP and here you can with Shards so you can decide to spend money or farm Shards to buy them.

actually you can, and it's completely free the game ( remember that)

with shards i mean it's expensive and not worth it! for the time it takes it's better to just get a part-time job playing so with real money (since the time needed would be more than a job requires :/ )

What I mean is you still pay for DbD, and it's not that I want it all for free ( jesus no!) but like packs of skins or better rewards for paying like 40€s.. Path of exile is great example, okay you pay 30€ for a pack but you also get points to spend on the shop ( yes 20euros of points plus the rewards from the pack)

now that would be awesome!

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 1,636

@ASpazNamedSteve said:
    They are too expensive imo, yes.

Especially since outfits will be more expensive than full DLC chapters? Like what?

I certainly find it pretty poor that they cost more than anything the game currently oFFers but give you less content. Yet so many are okay with it because "the devs need to make money" or "X game is worse"

edited June 2018

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@ASpazNamedSteve said:
    They are too expensive imo, yes.

Especially since outfits will be more expensive than full DLC chapters? Like what?

I certainly find it pretty poor that they cost more than anything the game currently oFFers but give you less content. Yet so many are okay with it because "the devs need to make money" or "X game is worse"

yea I mean Path of Exile is a great example of funding, and remembering again: yes things COST there but you get quite, quite the rewards for what you pay! And it's a completely free game..

@Schulz_The_Ugly said:

@Shadoureon said:

with shards i mean it's expensive and not worth it! for the time it takes it's better to just get a part-time job playing so with real money (since the time needed would be more than a job requires :/ )

What I mean is you still pay for DbD, and it's not that I want it all for free ( jesus no!) but like packs of skins or better rewards for paying like 40€s.. Path of exile is great example, okay you pay 30€ for a pack but you also get points to spend on the shop ( yes 20euros of points plus the rewards from the pack)

Im pretty sure you can only buy characters with IP in LoL not skins those cost RP wich you have to buy with real money. Its all cosmetic so if you think its to expensive simply dont buy it with real money. Just spend the extra effort in getting Blood Shard and buy the cosmetic you want with that. Fortnite has skins that costs the same as DBD... Its all in the devs hand and like I said before be happy they allow you to buy cosmetics with ingame farmable currency.

You are making a problem of something beeing expensive while the same item can be aquired with other means not requiring you to spend real money.

@Shadoureon said:

@Schulz_The_Ugly said:

@Shadoureon said:

Im pretty sure you can only buy characters with IP in LoL not skins those cost RP wich you have to buy with real money. Its all cosmetic so if you think its to expensive simply dont buy it with real money. Just spend the extra effort in getting Blood Shard and buy the cosmetic you want with that. Fortnite has skins that costs the same as DBD... Its all in the devs hand and like I said before be happy they allow you to buy cosmetics with ingame farmable currency.

You are making a problem of something beeing expensive while the same item can be aquired with other means not requiring you to spend real money.

things changed, not you don't have IPs, and you can drop skin parts btw

@Schulz_The_Ugly said:

@Shadoureon said:

@Schulz_The_Ugly said:

@Shadoureon said:

things changed, not you don't have IPs, and you can drop skin parts btw

my point is, there should be packs, and not just a pitty 10% discount... and like i said Path of exile is a great example for a skin-shop policie

@SenzuDuck said:
    You don't have to have the cosmetics.

yes but i can contribute to a game i like, no?

• Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,641

The super awesome skins at 10 bucks each are okay.... IF....

If they add more ways to get shards for the other stuff. If I can play, and obtain stuff in a moderate way (I play a lot anyways) then I'm cool to pay 10 bucks for an amazing cosmetic down the road.

Or if they run occasional Auric Cell discount deals..? At 1st glance they are too much yes.

• weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,001

Personally, if they gave the new costumes new animations, it would be worth the 10 bucks I feel.

@Schulz_The_Ugly said: things changed, not you don't have IPs, and you can drop skin parts btw

Ah my bad then, havent played LoL in almost a year now I think.

• RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095

I wouldn't compare princes with other game, since there's also paid game such as PUBG and such with overpriced skins, but I still think the prices are a bit off and very pricy, even if they're not mandatory.
    I also dislike the lack of consistency when it comes to prices, example :
    Doc has 80% of paid skins.
    Wraith has 0% of paid skins.

• DaltonioDaltonio Member Posts: 21

They’re way, way overpriced imo. To jump from the previous way they sold cosmetics, a cheap pack of multiple skins for multiple characters to now 10 dollars for ONE skin? It’s way too much in my opinion. If you wanted to buy all of the themed cosmetics, that’s like 50 dollars every two months. Just insane pricing imho.

• onarkonark Member Posts: 93

@Schulz_The_Ugly said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Well, then buy what you can, but it is not fair that you get every costume for a little contribution, what happens with people who wants to contribute more than you?

I'm sick of all of these people wanting everything for almost nothing. You can unlock every chapter & 80% of the cosmetics by playing and you are not pleased. Come on! >_<

• weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,001

I mean to be fair, in Fortnite the best skins are literally 20 bucks.

I suppose 10 dollars isn't that unreasonable, but I'd at least like a color wheel.

@onark said:

@Schulz_The_Ugly said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Well, then buy what you can, but it is not fair that you get every costume for a little contribution, what happens with people who wants to contribute more than you?

I'm sick of all of these people wanting everything for almost nothing. You can unlock every chapter & 80% of the cosmetics by playing and you are not pleased. Come on! >_<

you didn't get it. You should first take a while to consider what i wrote and don't judge people so harsly...

What i purpose is simply better deals, dbd isn't free, isn't appeling the prices there'r giving ( not worth it, doesn't mean is expencive but means that don't seem that fair for some skins.. Others actually do very well, those 250 ones I'm thinking...)

@weirdkid5 said:
    I mean to be fair, in Fortnite the best skins are literally 20 bucks.

I suppose 10 dollars isn't that unreasonable, but I'd at least like a color wheel.

Fortnite is a bad example.. the game is free and you can with only 10bucks get a load of skins and stuff, I mean they policy is great for the game in question. that example simply doesn't work because fortine and Dbd have antagonic policies :/

• GhostEuantGhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    What exact prices do you think they should be? And can you please back your pricing up with the exact profit margin Behavior will get from each purchase? I’m saying that because this is a businesses model with the intention of making money. If Behavior had the unlimited funds to give cosmetics at little to no cost then maybe they’d be doing that. But then the whole game would be very different. 

To Behavior’s credit, they are allowing the purchase of 80% of cosmetics with game time, giving players a way to deny them profit. And even more so to their credit, they’re keeping the gameplay items at the same price as they have been AND cheaper than the optional stuff. I would be much more upset if an outfit was $10 and the new chapter price was $15. And last but not least, you have the option to buy individual pieces of outfits which a lot of in-game shops don’t do. In fact we still haven’t escaped the years of loot boxes. Imagine the outcry if they went with loot boxes... 

Do I wish I could buy a brand new game for $10 instead of the $60 that they release at? Of course. But that’s not financially viable for the game creators. It doesn’t matter that we paid an upfront cost for the game or not, these are optional. I’m personally assuming that these items are priced as low as the developers would like while still being able to turn a profit. 
  • ThePloopzThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited June 2018
    @GhostEuant well it is financially viable for some companies to give their $60 game for $10 so I wouldn’t go as far to say it’s not viable. It’d be a bad business move because you’d give up extra money and that’s why they don’t actually do it but if they wanted to they could. My personal problem with the store is before it with their paid dlc you could get 2 characters each with their 2 cosmetics and access to play them whenever as well as level them to get their teachables faster. All that for 7.99 while in the store a single cosmetic can cost $10 and all you get is the skin with no new animations for it or anything. And there’s a lot of recolors and to me recolors don’t count because technically their new but they aren’t actually new. 
  • GhostEuantGhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    ThePloopz said:
    @GhostEuant well it is financially viable for some companies to give their $60 game for $10 so I wouldn’t go as far to say it’s not viable. It’d be a bad business move because you’d give up extra money and that’s why they don’t actually do it but if they wanted to they could. My personal problem with the store is before it with their paid dlc you could get 2 characters each with their 2 cosmetics and access to play them whenever as well as level them to get their teachables faster. All that for 7.99 while in the store a single cosmetic can cost $10 and all you get is the skin with no new animations for it or anything. And there’s a lot of recolors and to me recolors don’t count because technically their new but they aren’t actually new. 
    Financially viable means that it’s something the company can sustain for a long period of time, not that it’s possible. 
  • ThePloopzThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited June 2018
    ThePloopz said:
    Financially viable means that it’s something the company can sustain for a long period of time, not that it’s possible. 
    Yes I know. Fifa for example could do this because of ultimate team

@GhostEuant said:
    What exact prices do you think they should be? And can you please back your pricing up with the exact profit margin Behavior will get from each purchase? I’m saying that because this is a businesses model with the intention of making money. If Behavior had the unlimited funds to give cosmetics at little to no cost then maybe they’d be doing that. But then the whole game would be very different. 

To Behavior’s credit, they are allowing the purchase of 80% of cosmetics with game time, giving players a way to deny them profit. And even more so to their credit, they’re keeping the gameplay items at the same price as they have been AND cheaper than the optional stuff. I would be much more upset if an outfit was $10 and the new chapter price was $15. And last but not least, you have the option to buy individual pieces of outfits which a lot of in-game shops don’t do. In fact we still haven’t escaped the years of loot boxes. Imagine the outcry if they went with loot boxes... 

Do I wish I could buy a brand new game for $10 instead of the $60 that they release at? Of course. But that’s not financially viable for the game creators. It doesn’t matter that we paid an upfront cost for the game or not, these are optional. I’m personally assuming that these items are priced as low as the developers would like while still being able to turn a profit. 

not really about prices but like i said (yes the prices packs seem okay 5-10-20€,sure..) but a bit better discounts for packs liek 10€ and upwards: less auric when buying more skins at once, things like that.