Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.2.0 PTB Feedback

BHVR, thank you for these killer perks.

ErkErk Member Posts: 230
edited August 2020 in 4.2.0 PTB Feedback

These perks are really good and they are not broken either because they are Hex perks or they have hefty cooldowns. Thank you, honestly.

Post edited by MandyTalk on

Comments

• BjarioBjario Member Posts: 303

What are they?

• BaschFonRonsenburgBaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 233

Post screens man have you no honor

• MilanceeeMilanceee Member Posts: 161

They are good but not meta breaking.

• IvaldiIvaldi Member Posts: 977

Ridiculously overpowered and need to immediately be nerfed.

• ErkErk Member Posts: 230

There is a perk which shows you the aura of a survivor when they get near a totem and on top of that, when they cleanse it it doesn't go away, it goes to another dull totem. (hex totem)

When you kick a generator, for 30 seconds, if a survivor touches the gen they get exposed and they scream. (60 secs of cooldown)

And the other perk blocks all pallets within 15 meters when a survivor gets hit, they cant drop the pallet (80 secs of cooldown).

Maybe bigger cooldowns and some number changes ? Not ridiculously overpowered, they have huge cooldowns.

• gemjasgemjas Member Posts: 105
    edited August 2020

They are really, really good, in my opinion. I'll have to see it in action, but these perks are the best DLC perks for killers in a long while. Like, as a killer, I’m really excited. But as a survivor? I don’t want to go against these perks, lol. You find Ruin and cleanse it? It'll just transfer to another dull totem. You're in a chase and desperately need a pallet? Too bad, the entity blocked it and you can't drop it. Just want to work on a generator? Welp, now you're exposed and the killer knows where you are. It's nutty.

I can see the thought process behind this but I don't think it'll be too OP

• VSchmittVSchmitt Member Posts: 571

"When you kick a generator, for 30 seconds, if a survivor touches the gen they get exposed and they scream. (60 secs of cooldown)" (Overcharge 2.0 - but worse)

And the other perk blocks all pallets within 15 meters when a survivor gets hit, they cant drop the pallet (80 secs of cooldown) (the sprint burst you gain from getting a hit is enough for you to fly more than 15 meters, it's very very situational, OMG looks like the devs really don't know their own game).

I know that will be on PTB and probably will get changes but c'mon...

The totem one is kinda good, but's sad that you'll need to rely on a perk to benefit from another perk (hex perks).

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

It only blocks pallets in a 16m after a hit (for 15 seconds) meaning some spots are still easily loopable but if you get hit and the killer IS running this perk, you just use the bust of speed from the hit to go to another tile. I actually think it will be underwhelming unless higher tier increases the 16m distance. shrugs we shall see.

As for the Hex: Undying (the totem perk) this may actually get the team to cleanse totems now, so as a solo player thats great! As a killer player I may actually see use out of my instantly destroyed hex totem!

edited August 2020

I don't think they'll be too OP, either, and I don't think they need to be adjusted right now. But I do just think they're really good. And as a survivor, it adds some new risks and challenges.

• MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,435

The Hex switcheroo will be hell with ruin or HG. massive potential to have another 2-min slug match killer

• VSchmittVSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Hex switcheroo + Hounted Grounds = Don't you dare to touch that glowing bone!

Imagine what this will do with NOED if the survivors don't bother to cleanse during the match.

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 1,591

Undying is really cool, great addition to the game. It's wait-and-see on Blood Favor, but since it is a Hex perk, I'd say that's balanced enough.

Dragon's Grip is blatantly OP, though.

• MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,435
    edited August 2020

yeah. I mean, i could be wrong but...

there's five totems per match, right?

if run HG and switcheroo survivors potentially face HG 4 times. potentially 3 if i throw ruin or retribution into the mix.

Oh gods, can you imagine running HG, switcheroo and retri?

edit: i mean:

They cleanse a Hex totem, you'll get a notification AND will see their auras (4 secs when they start working on it, 10 if they cleanse it). and unless they found Undying first, they might either get HG's exposed status on top, or lose sight of retri.

If they cleanse a dull totem first, bam, they get Oblivious.

sure, it'd take up three perk slots, but holy shhhhh-oelace

Oh man, I never thought about that. In my excitement I just saw "blocked pallets", lmao. We'll have to see how it does in the PTB. But still, it might cause a bit of panic as a survivor, especially if you're not a strong looper to begin with.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,577

That Dragon's Grip perk is ridiculous.

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Does blood favor also work on secondary attack hits?

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Dragon's grip is definitely good. The other 2 are a bit gimmicky but are certainly interesting.

Rip thrill of the hunt tho. It just got outclassed

• ObscurityDragonObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

Well blocking pallets also means you can hit a survivor to down him, and if hes downs under a pallet easily and quickly grab him?

"OP".

I feel its the weakest of the three perks (unless the 16m of Hex: Blood something something doesn't increase beyond 16m).

Dragon's grip has a 2 minute cooldown. So if you get it to activate you will see the survivor for a BBQ and Chilly amount of time, then you have 60s to down them. If you do not find them or do not down them you have wasted time. Should you down them you still need to wait until a long time for the perk to function again. It has potential but looping someone who is now focused on getting a "1 hit down" is perfect because you can waste some much time as they focus you, yet if they don't they waste the perk. Depending on the team you may see 1-2 activations of this perk. Hex: Haunted grounds does the same thing but affects everyone and that perk is not used very much.

Make Your Choice is (in my opinion) a better version of this effect since it can activate every single unhook (provided you are moved away) and allows you to focus a new target while the pressure of "healing" is pushed on another survivor.

Only time will tell I guess.

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 1,591

Haunted Grounds is once per trial, and only if Survivors cleanse. MYC is already a strong perk but is fundamentally weaker because it requires killers to orient towards a hook instead of defending generators. (BTW, MYC does not trigger every unhook, it has a cooldown only 20s shorter than Grip.)

This is renewable every 80 seconds, if Survivors don't play into it a generator is regressed for a full 30s, ot places the killer's attention near their objective, and gets better and better as the game progress and less generators and survivors.

It's a silly perk.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 9,702
    edited August 2020

First impression, they look really weak imo.

The hex perks would be decent if they weren't hex's, but not strong enough to be a hex.

People are really ignoring the fact that these are Hex's. Which is a huge dealing seeing as your perks will be gone in less than a minute into the match.

• nursewannabenursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    edited August 2020

Pop is already boring and op as it is.

Dragon's Grip + Pop is disgustingly broken. Nerf pop now thanks :)

The two other perks are pretty strong, I like them. I can imagine already a game with HG, this hex and Noed

• EradikEradik Member Posts: 63

Oh god here come the survivor mains to complain for more nerfs. Haven't survivors taken enough?!

• IamDwightIamDwight Member Posts: 236

As if killers don't cry and moan too. Have you even seen these forums?

• SkelemaniaSkelemania Member Posts: 227

How does Dragon's Grip work with other kick perks? Like if you run both Dragon and Pop, can you activate them both on one gen w/ one kick? That could be fun.

I had actually forgotten about the cooldown on MYC.

As for the killers focus becoming on generators I'm still not overly convinced its going to change much in how you play. The killer needs to get hooks in order to advance their objective. A killers focus is (or should be) centered around generators all the time simply because that is where you are likely to find survivors. I don't really see Dragon's Grip changing that focus in any way for players who are experienced, maybe it will set newer players on the correct path and cause them to develop better strategies faster *shrugs*.

As for the strength of the perk (Dragon's Grip) I had not considered the possibility of essentially holding onto the charge (cooldown I guess) until later in the match (be it a few kills in or down to the last gen) allowing you to possibly start a desperate snowball. I still feel the outcome of a single exposed survivor every 2 minutes isn't a crazy strong perk but I can see potential on some killers that could make use of a quick down.

Time will tell I guess, I may be shooting far off on this and it ends up becoming the best perk in the game.