Home PTB Feedback Archives 4.2.0 PTB Feedback

Anyone think the new killer is..... Kinda Not The Best?

NateLovesDBD123NateLovesDBD123 Member Posts: 206
edited August 18 in 4.2.0 PTB Feedback

In my opinion, the killer is really just a legion with more steps. He also seems kinda hard to control, and a little clanky. Now, his design looks pretty good and his perks are nice, but his power is... confusing. This is all my opinion and hope I don’t start anything. What do you think of the new killer?

Post edited by Peanits on

Comments

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 940

His collision is too big in his rush, if they slimmed it down it could be more interesting. I find alot of people bumping into walls that there camera doesn't see, it just shows the invisible hit boxes of all the crap in the maps and it can be very frustrating.

• CoffengMinCoffengMin Member Posts: 862

the new killer is definitely bad in general, his perks are really good imo.

now the survivor perks are [BAD WORD] imo, the item one could be nice if you know... items were any good..

itll be ok for flashlights and like the purple medkit but thats it

• Speshul_KittenSpeshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,721

Yeah he’s definitely weak

• ChloanChloan Member Posts: 71

Hehe, I got used to his power. He's not the best, but he is good. Guys, just use your brain when you use his ability. Think where it would be better to bump into and then jump to the other spot. His ability really helps a lot. They should fix some stuff, but he's all right. Give him a chance.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 1,898

Exactly this, I wasn't so disappointed in killer power in ages, possibly even since release of DBD. It's so insanely boring power and over filled with self stuns & clunkiness imao.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,823

His power is kinda wierd, honestly I can't tell if it's good or not. Seems fun though.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 3,086

I think survivors will enjoy going against him because he's easy to bully.

It's a clunky M1 killer who has to work hard to get meaningless M1 hits while everyone pops a gen in 80 seconds or less.

I will not even give him a try. It's one of those killers that can only win against potato survivors and even then he will NEED to tunnel/proxy/slug to have consistent results.

No one will play him let alone main him on red ranks.

• Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,807

the item perk is honestly incredibly good for purple toolboxes too. takes 20s off a gen by default-ish. this adds another 10s off a gen

paired with 4 of them a match, and streetwise? you can get upwards of 40s off a gen, with provethyself also lowering that time.. and resilience.

gen rushing is kinda back boys. takes two to three perks and a item to do so! but i think thats fair in comparison to like, removing second chance perks from their loadout.

The blight needs some touching up though. needs a slightly further from object bonk, slimmed hitboxes/ a v shaped hitbox rather then a box, or the ability to control when you bonk through a button press when next to a collideable object. he could also do with some slight turning adjustment, as i just saw aryuns matches with him, and with the turning addons he actually gets mad good. default turning and succeptability to hitboxes are a giant pain to him making him really hard to play in comparison to a lot of better killers out there.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 7,949

How do you get out of a bush you accidentally bumped into?

• ChloanChloan Member Posts: 71

don't bump into bush? I mean, sometimes you bump into objects, but not that much. At least, I don't.

How? Your hitbox is the size of a car when dashing. Even the slightest corner of a wall will cause the Blight to Wile E. Coyote into that corner.

• KhorzadKhorzad Member Posts: 102

I think the ability has potential to be good and fun, but I feel this is a Ghostface situation, where the Killer in the PTB is literally broken. I seriously doubt this is how the Killer is supposed to work, like, is too inconsistent for that to be the case. The Slam doesn't seem to be something that is rare or impossible in theory, but his hitbox are just broken and it feels very weird to move and aim when you try to hit a character.

• FregglesFredFregglesFred Member Posts: 158

Don't jump into a bush?

That's uh, not a good argument. I'd really like to see your gameplay, if you have one of him please. Because I highly doubt that you mastered that power and don't bump into things.

There's a part of me that is legit curious if there is a bug with the collisions while dashing.

• AvilgusAvilgus Member Posts: 480

A very ridiculous power, more than Legion IMO

• PricefieldPricefield Member Posts: 112

At least Legion can easily control their power and HEAVILY punishes people who keep healing or group up too much TBH. This killer... struggle to down 1 person.

• CoffengMinCoffengMin Member Posts: 862

well ill try that then but as a standalone perk its as bad as i said , and even with the build you suggest its just gonna bring back some toxicity to the game

and more complaints about genrushing and swf because you cant pull that off otherwise

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,547

he looks like he be are to use the survivor look ok tho.

• e_j2007e_j2007 Member Posts: 9

He looks really cool in my opinion and his perks are pretty good with dragons grip being one of the best but his power is one of the worst In the game. It’s clunky to control and I don’t like how you have to bump into things to attack and it’s hard to control and it’s probably maybe even worse than legion. I think the should just scrap the current power and and make a completely new power.

• cwtferncwtfern Member Posts: 135

He is one of those killers where even if you completely ignore how stupid his power is and actually learn to use it, it's still barely worth the amount of effort. Sure, you can run fast, but if the survivor manages to put so much as one pixel between them and you, you bounce off of it and ricochet off of every surface within 5 meters and get absolutely no value from the speed.

This killer might work on a map that was structured like a giant bumper-pool table, but he is fairly useless on any map with even a moderate amount of obstructions. He is completely useless on indoor maps.

• wisdomwielderwisdomwielder Member Posts: 280
    edited August 19

He already needs a complete rework lmao. What a stupid concept. I think the thing I'm most upset about is the wasted potential of the concept of the alchemist killer. He could have been some crazy combination of Oni and Plague or something, but we get THIS.

Post edited by wisdomwielder on
  • KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 2,793
    edited August 19

Struggles to down one person. No, man, he struggles not to keep staring at the ground because of stray, invisible pixels. How did this make it past the concept stage? Does the person in charge of this department not play their own game? The hitboxes and environmental collision are an absolute wreck, and have been for some time. 😂🤣

• PricefieldPricefield Member Posts: 112

I was trying to be nice to Blight Besides giving him really good map mobility he is the epitome of M1 killer with no chase ability

• adalesmoadalesmo Member Posts: 154

I'd say he's just a bit bugged right now, otherwise, I can't see how he's weak, since you recover near instantly when you bump into objects, and can hit people after you recover. People aren't used to him, and, yeah, probably not working quite as intended, but people always jump the gun and call killers weak or strong right away. People called Spirit and Oni weak when they were on PTB even though they were stronger than they are now, and top-tier.