Home Dead by Daylight Forums Optimization

Fps horrible on PS4

Richard021Richard021 Member Posts: 18
Horrible fps on ps4, after a game or two the game gets stuck quite mainly in the menu, there is almost no way to move the cursor. The game needs optimization as soon as possible and mainly on PS4

41 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

FPS drops in menu. Please confirm.

Comments

• BentcheeseeBentcheesee Member Posts: 14

Nope, that's just you. I stream it through my PlayStation Vita and that has never happened before. And I have played since version 1.6 or something.

• Richard021Richard021 Member Posts: 18
    It's not just me that much that they said they are working to optimize. And I said Ps4 no Ps vita

• sbeve12sbeve12 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2020

No it's not just him do you won demo or freddy and eve played on the new map smh

• Rapid_Oli_YTRapid_Oli_YT Member Posts: 36

my games FPS drops for about half a seconds whenever i get a speed boost as survivor or killer for example sprint burst, NOED, bloodlust, balanced landing etc...

• sliptteesslipttees Member Posts: 769
    edited March 2020

I'm waiting for the promised 60 FPS in consoles a while ago...

• not_Queennot_Queen Member Posts: 1,115

@Rapid_Oli_YT This is exactly the issues we need flagged. ''Bad FPS'' doesn't give us any details.

• OicimauOicimau Member Posts: 897

FPS drops in PS4 a lot, @not_Queen .

When changing too much from survivor to killer and from killer to survivor, this get worse and worse.

When i used to play one match each, in about one or two hours I was forced to turn off the PS4 and unplug from power some seconds in order to be able to play again. (Restarting or just turning off the PS4 didnt work).

The FPS drop was so harsh that even in the lobby or tally screen i was almost unable to move the cursor properly. And in-game, was impossible to play as killer, and very annoying as survivor.

I used to avoid this by sticking into one role half the time, and than going to another role the other half of playing time.

Used to happen more often when we had the option to change directly from one role to another.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Frame drops mainly during killer abilities , bloodlust tiers , had a few freeze frames right at the end of a nurse blink yesterday

• Rapid_Oli_YTRapid_Oli_YT Member Posts: 36

Ok I play killer alot and when im in a chase and I get bloodlust I sometimes get a frame drop. But i sometimes dont get this it mostly happens for me on survivor and I use sprint burst it almost happens every time if you want a video clip then I could try.

For me it occurs when I get the haste status effect

• BentcheeseeBentcheesee Member Posts: 14

When I stream it to my Vita, I lose FPS and quality. It is worse than the lowest quality that you can get on Twitch.

• rafajsprafajsp Member Posts: 408

So i stopped to play about 2 years but still visit forums ...

Almost 3 years and no optmization yet ? LOL

• DeadlyDDeadlyD Member Posts: 12

im still waiting on something to be said about the fake overheating message, i have not heard anything about it. a quick google search will show its widespread, an everyone has already given the reason as to why it is, the uncapped fram rate on the particle screen, its been quite awhile since i played the game for fear of this issue bricking my system. it has nothing to do with my ps4 as it only happened on dbd, once again a quick google search will find tons of people sayin the exact same thing, if i truly took more of a guess i would guess its a base ps4 that this is happening on mostly which is what im using. until i hear something on this i wont be playing or buying anything in the game, an if its never addressed, i will never buy another game from this company again

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,072

It happens on my PS4 Pro, and if I ignore it, the PS4 sometimes shuts itself down. This doesn't happen on any other game, including those that run at 4K and really do need the Pro's tiny fan to scream in pain.

• ManJamLynManJamLyn Member Posts: 2

I am having similar issues with various killers on PS4 with the new update. I’m seeing a correlation with maps that have additional effects (like the rain on Red Forest or the dusty stuff in The Underground Complex).

• RyuzakiRyuzaki Member Posts: 676

Same issue for me, I hope this gets addressed otherwise I will have no choice but to quit this game :(

• GiganteGigante Member Posts: 128

Waiting a devs response for this, this is not acceptable for us.

• mechamobibomechamobibo Member Posts: 11

Any time you ads with Deathslinger the game drops a lot of fps.

Anytime a status effect appears in your screen (killer or survivor) it drops a lot of fps.

Existing in Lery's drop a lot of fps.

This should be a priority, I feel like you've said to be working on making 60 fps on console a thing for 2 years now and I've seen no significant improvement

• OicimauOicimau Member Posts: 897

Yeah, fps dropping has become worst after last patch with the crossplay.

Or maybe, we are feeling it more cause we are playing with ppl that are at 90 FPS or more, on PCs.

• DabelethDabeleth Member Posts: 11

Lery and Ormond are unplayable as killer and a pain in daass as survivor

• DabelethDabeleth Member Posts: 11

I'm totally agree with your details. It happens to me too

• RyuzakiRyuzaki Member Posts: 676

I also experience the issues you have mentioned. Ever since the legion chapter framerate has got worse with each patch.