Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We are currently experiencing a server outage which is preventing players from connecting to the game; we are monitoring the situation and we'll give you a heads up once services are restored!
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

To people who say killers like Deathslinger should be this strong in the 1v1

Comments

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 2,973
    edited August 2020

Beside the chase whats the other fun part of DbD then? I hope you have something better then hiding or doing gens.

They’re a threat because your odds as survivor escaping the killer are MEANT to be low

Really? Who says that? You? I only heared about a 50/50 metric but thats it. Stop making random assumptions just because you want them to be that way. Maybe you play the wrong game.

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,716
    edited August 2020

Don't worry, they'll get to them once Kekslinger gets a nice red bar around his power icon. And then they'll get back to Nurse and Billy.

• Zani22Zani22 Member Posts: 443

So that's why there relentlessly trying to get legion "reworked" now

I understand now

• mostlyghostlymostlyghostly Member Posts: 135
  • Leachy_JrLeachy_Jr Member Posts: 1,380

If you change his 1v1 he is nerfed. That's just fact. He is probably the only killer that if you change one thing about him he is now clown tier.

You're also changing an entire killer not because they're too weak, but that you don't like them. With no consideration of the fact that people play and main slinger like me.

Also slinger is actually quite good, id put him just above billy.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,124

please only talk about yourself. For me, running round in circles is not "the only fun part" of the game. I prefer the hide-and-seek part. There is more than one way to play the game, even if you dont like the other ways.

• RizeAkiRizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Please before making nerf posts think about the 1v1 and 4v1 aspect while yes deathslinger has a strong 1v1 aspect he doesn’t have a very good 4v1 aspect so a nerf is not what is best for them unless they also receive a buff like 115% speed or a movement ability which I’m sure everyone would prefer current version over any of that

• azameazame Member Posts: 2,870

Alright so let's play a custom and show me that counterplay. All the "reads" they did was you missing. The survivors have no input when it comes to slinger it's all on the killer.

You arent a huge fan of scott because he like one of my friends is one of the only killer main who takes survivors fun into consideration its downright disgusting that people are ok with this killer.

Yeah but not everyone likes sitting in a Bush that's boring and the majority of the community likes the chase. And like I said I dont want to sit and be stealthy I want to play.

So I did guess correctly slinger main witn an obvious bias even though he has no way to counterplay.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I agree, outplaying should always be possible and deathslinger does need a buff. Like I've said, opportunities to outplay the killer are what make survivor exciting and it's terrible to take that away. To those of you saying "killers have too many counters! Survivor is a cakewalk", killers having the ability to be outplayed doesn't necessarily make them weaker. In fact aspects of their power that have room for skill based interactions, like Billy's saw and Oni's mallet are often considered the strongest aspect of a killer.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,672

All the "reads" you do vs nurse is only her missing. I already know that you don't care about current counterplay and dismiss it as "unfair guesses" so I won't bother discussing anything with you on this topic.

No with nurse you can always lose los use your camera to see where theh aim then run accordingly. Your input actually makes nurse job harder and you can win chases.

I wont dismiss counterplay if you show me. Would you like to play a custom and provrnyour claim or keep saying things you cant back up?

You only see the direction she'll blink, not the exact spot. Thanks for supporting my claim that your imput only makes her job harder but overall it's still on her if she predicts you correctly and god nurse will never miss you no matter what you do or where you are, right.

You will dismiss it as "DS missing" so there's no point in wasting time on that.

• OpexOpex Member Posts: 264

I mean you are right Deathslinger doesn't really have counterplay in a 1v1. You just have to think of it like that: Is that even something bad?

This game is a 1v4 game, so the one killer should be equal as strong as all 4 survivors together. And that also means that a survivor should bot be able to 1v1 the killer. And these killers are just doing exactly that, you cant 1v1 them. But if all survivors work together and work on gens and try to waste as much time as possible, than Deathslinger is just a weak killer and I think he shouldn't get changed. For example other killers like clown are easily to 1v1, they are just M1 killers, the only thing that clown can do is make survivors drop pallets early. With his bottles survivors often have to early drop pallets.

At the same time I can totally understand that its just no fun at all to play against Deathslinger, many times you die to him even tho he isn't really better than you. Even I hate Deathslinger and I never play him because of that, as a survivor I even just DC sometimes. I ratherly play against Spirit than Deathslinger.

But I mean should he really get changes? Think about it. It's not the killers job to make you have fun, the killer is not suppost to be your day care. I just don't think he should get changes or anything like that, they could nerf his 1v1 to give survivors some more counterplay against it. But than they should also buff his map presure if they should change something.

You dont know the exact spot but you can make an accurate guess to hoe far shes blinking by how long she holds it. But overall you can outplay her by using her power against her. Unlike slinger your input doesnt make is job harder nor can you counter him.

A god nurse can still miss. I played tur jaynif you know him people claim hes a good nurse I still outplayed him I see the direction he blinks I go the opposite way. You cant do that with slinger.

I'm gonna play slinger you would be survivor so you can show me the counterplay. It's funny how you are so bent on not doing the 1v1 because you know your skills dont back up your claim of slingers counterplay.

So either take up my offer or stop claiming he has counterplay it only proves you cant back it up.

Yeah but I also said general counter though los breaking works for every killer nurse it's just really good with and also you can see where they blink you have information to work on but unlike slinger its insta shoot.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 5,199

And if they are playing well, shouldn't they be rewarded for it?

Breaking los is the only thing you can do. Even in jungle gyms all they have to do is wait for a window vacuum to get a free shot. Then my bring up guessing which boils down to guess right 4head if you don't you die.

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,186

So [BAD WORD] killers right? We're just robots playing the game right?

Survivors wanna be able to mindlessly loop every killer and that is considered 'fun' to survivors, but when they can't mindlessly loop a killer that killer is 'boring'.

Do you know what the most 'boring' thing is for killers? Playing Ring Around The Rosie except the pallet falls down. Not only that it's boring for us to have to rely on the same tactic as Wraith, Pig, Legion, etc to deal with looping.

I'm playing this game for 'My fun' and not survivors fun

I'm mocking your view that "you don't dodge DS he just misses you" with as equally dumb sounding argument that somehow even god nurses never miss if you didn't get it. Survivor's movement plays insanely huge role in how DS aims & times his shots and if you don't even know that they it's obvious to me why you don't think he has counterplay.

I know that you want to use this 1v1 as an "proof" if you win that DS doesn't have counterplay. If you searched around YT or twitch even a small while you would find more then enough gameplay with survivors outplaying deathslingers but all of that is dismissed by you as "DS missing or something simmiliar". You also clearly don't see the flawed logic in 1v1 me and if I win your opinion doesn't count based on 1 game. You're really desperate to silence anyone who disagrees with you if you challenge everyone who claims that DS has counterplay into 1v1 with you. Many people told you counterplay vs DS and you dismiss it, there's really no helping you if you refuse to listen.

I already know what you think about DS so any more replies would be a complete waste of time. Keep on challenging people to 1v1 as if it proofs anything.

You are mocking it because it is a truth your movement doesnt matte riff the deathslinge has good aim and can track. He shoot some fast you cant react.

A 1v1 is proof I was planning on doing multiple chases with anyone if they do want to challenge me but no one including you will because you understand you lack the skills to prove this claim of yours. All the counterplay is simply a bunch of guesses like "dodge when he shoots" now you have to guess when he does the quickshot. Link me those videos of survivors "outplaying slinger" when this not a guess. It's like that video where otz was looping a spirit and he himself said it's just guessing. You can definitely loop a slinge if you win the guesses.

Once again if you truly believe in your claim why do you still refuse to show it. We can do multiple chases just stop wit jb the excuses that I dismiss all counter when in reality it's all just x perk or guess this way or that way.

I really didn't want to reply anymore but I gotta tell you this so that I can close this off hopefully permanently.

His counterplay is "GUESSES" if that's how you want to call educated predictions that you do vs every killer in all chases even in normal M1 wraith chases when you don't see each other you're doing these. You just can't swallow that DS brings it to the next level and he forces you to do them much more often and that he as killer has the advantage in them.

Guesses are a huge part of DBD and they occur vs every killer in every chase, some smaller, some bigger. Some more survivor favored, some more killer favored. You're stuck in your own reality where guesses for whatever reason aren't valid counterplay even when they were part of DBD since it was released. Yes DS has power that is based around them, both sides do them, DS and the survivor as well. Yes they are hugely in favor of DS due to his small ADS time but that's how he was designed, where were you to give feedback once he was on the PTB, that was communities 1 shot to change his ADS but nobody complained so it's here to stay.

You for whatever reason target DS and his power that "doesn't have counterplay other then guesses" when so many other powers have guessing in them as well almost on par with DS. You can hate it as much as I hate to guess where trappers traps are placed but it's here to stay for a long time before DS gets touched again.

Now, that's all I have to say to you. You may not like it but guessing or the better word predictions is counterplay. I hate when people say it's a pure guess, that would mean a coin toss which couldn't be farther from truth. Another of the excuse word as "boring, unfun, guesses, etc" to get something nerfed.

Now I'm really done with this. I've again said my peace and I don't want to continue this anymore as we see thing very differently in the matter of counterplay.

Ok good just wanted to make sure we are on the same page. His power is disgusting his guesses like you admitted are heavily in his favor. that is not fair. I'm gonna leave it at that because you still have refused my offer to 1v1 and show me how you make all these "educated predictions" so consistently.

You are another killer main who cant back up their claim.

This is offtopic so it's bypassing my no more discussing final statement.

Tbh I wouldn't mind some practice vs slinger. Whenver I play survivor I can't get to face him, everyone plays M1 killers or spirit. I've never said I can do "educated predictions so consistently" I don't know where you found that, I've just said that he has counterplay that's very hard to pull off and requires a lot of experince and knowledge about DS.

If you want I wouldn't mind a few matches of 1v1 vs slinger on one condition that you won't be using it as argument material since I know I'm not a great survivor since when I play DBD I enjoy killer much more so I lack a lot of chase experience as survivor. I know this might bite me and you'll forever use a few matches of me sucking vs slinger as proof that he doesn't have counterplay to silence any of my opinions but I really enjoy facing him and getting better so if it's just for fun I wouldn't mind getting a bit better vs slinger since I can't get almost any normal matches vs him.

Ofc I don't want to waste your time since I'll probably go down pretty early so take it as you will. As I said it's more of a for fun 1v1 and not some me wanting to show you how to counter DS since I know that I'm not someone who's good at chases vs all killers in the first place.

No I'm not like that I wont use it against you not as argument purposes I will attempt to help you improve against slinger but this is good you might see his flaws facing against mine sound fair?

I'm glad to hear that. Just to make it crear tho, I know that DS is very hard to beat in 1v1, in the not as many as I'd like matches I had I've had vs slingers between all those that were bad I've had a few who were really good so I know that if slinger plays extremely well he'll down you super fast. For me it's just fun to vs killer like that, I love facing killers who most players don't like to vs due to their strong chase power like PH, nurse, spirit, slinger, etc even if I go down early and die etc.

I know many hate that but since I love those playstyles I defent them so that they don't get the nurse treatement whom I loved to face but after her "rework" I hardly see her once in 10 games unlike before it.

So with all that clear and if's it's just for fun then I'd love to have a few matches vs slinger.

Yeah I understand a bit more now I've been trying to face more nurses recently too luckily infected a legacy one and got to hone my skills.

I'm down for some fun matches against you who knows maybe we can find a way to consistently make these guesses.