Home Dead by Daylight Forums Share Your Work Creations

Community Challenge, be creative - Design your own Perk

Comments

• Dead_by_GadflyDead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,774
    edited August 2020

Killer Perks:

Wicked Game: Pressing the active ability on a regressing gen causes the next 1/2/3 people to touch that gen to lose a health state (does not inflict dying and only applies to one gen). Takes 1 second to apply.

Salt: Survivors in the dying state bleed out 30 secs/45 secs/ 1 minute faster.

Hard Luck: Survivors Luck is reduced by 50%

Survivor Perks:

Bully : stunning a killer causes a 150% speed boost for 3 secs. Causes the exhaustation status effect for 60/50/40 secs.

Take a beating: being both exhausted and injured hides your scratch marks for 10 secs.

Shy: stunning a killer hides all aura reading abilities for 10 secs

• RathoricRathoric Member Posts: 499

Ultimate Servitude - An obsession perk, Whenever your obsession interacts with another survivor for 6/5/4 seconds, Crows will encircle around That survivor and anyone else within 15/25/32m of the obsession, cawing every 5 seconds for 30 seconds. Survivor's affected are oblivious for 30 seconds.

Reach of the Entity - Your grab range is increased by 1/2/3m when within 10m of a window.

Monstrous shrine - Rework, When a survivor dies in the basement by hooking, The entity will block one exit door lever when all gen's are completed and automatically start the endgame collapse timer.

• KingOfDuccKingOfDucc Member Posts: 1

Pain Channel

Punish those who punish you.

When injured and pressing the action key (like deadhard) Pain Channel activates for 10 seconds. When hit by the killer during this time you are affected with the “deep wound”, “broken” and “exhausted” status effect. When mending your aura is shown to the killer from any distance.

(I’m not sure if your broken if you can mend but I feel like this is a strong perk that balances out very well)

• Trial_By_ScytheTrial_By_Scythe Member Posts: 53

Hex: Amnesia: Your savage blows concuss and disorientate your prey.

Landing a basic attack causes a survivor to lose one random perk.

This affect lasts as long as the hex totem is active.

Cleansing this totem will disable one random perk for all survivors still in the trial for 40/50/60 seconds.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,051
    edited August 2020

Killer's Defense (KILLER):

You prepared for the worst despite your best efforts.

Receive a token for each survivor hooked before the Exit Gates were opened, up to a maximum of 4/5/6 tokens.

When the Exit Gates are opened, each token will cause the Entity to block the Exit Gates for 5 seconds.

Determination (SURVIVOR):

Completing actions gives you strength.

Gain a 15% haste effect for 6/8/10 seconds after completing any action (I.E. Repair, healing, sabotage).

Perk deactivates while cursed.

• DupstepAlex078DupstepAlex078 Member Posts: 33

Final Countdown: While you may be down, you certainly aren't out.

If you are the last Survivor remaining in the Trial, for each Generator that needs to be completed, gain a 90/95/100% bonus to Repair speed.

If the Hatch is closed by the Killer, Generators will no longer be blocked by the Entity. Each time a generator is completed in this state, the Hatch will reopen, during which time the Endgame Collapse will be paused.

"You think you have won, that It's all over, that I'll sit in the realm as I am consumed by it's madness. I hate to disappoint, so long as I live and breath, I'll find a way." - The Lost Tapes: Akise Rintaro

• greekfire774greekfire774 Member Posts: 170

A had a killer perk idea that could be a counter to dead hard. Never gave it a name but, once every 180 seconds the killer can press A and it will give them an extra lunge attack after a missed basic attack. This would cause a 2 second cooldown similar to the nurses blink. My idea was that if they miss a lunge attack then it won't activate for them after the missed lunge as to not give the perk too much distance by itself.

• EschatologueEschatologue Member Posts: 39

Killer:

Photosensitive Epilepsy

Each time a generator is finished, all survivors within 8 meters of it are afflicted with 20/25/30 seconds of Exhaustion. Additionally, all survivors gain the Overstimulated status effect for 60 seconds (Vigil applies). Should a survivor gain this status effect while he already suffers from it, he instead loses it and becomes Hindered for 60 seconds.

Honestly, might be a bit overpowered at times, but should give a bit negative feedback on doing gens back to back.

Carrion Rites

If a killer has any Hex perks, they start the game with those hexes inactive. While there are any inactive hexes killer sees auras of all totems. Interacting with a dull totem turns it into a hex totem and assigns a random inactive hex to it (from the killer's selected perks ofc). Killer may reapply cleansed hexes in such a mannner, but stacks are not preserved.

Survivor:

Perilous Ground

You may never get items from chests. Instead, when completing a chest search, you get Junk Parts. You automatically pick this up and they are consumed by entity immediately if ever dropped. While standing still you may hold LCtrl to start installing a snare, which takes 16/14/12 seconds. Survivors are unaffected by this snare and it is invisible to killer. When a killer steps into a snare he is stunned as if he was hit by a pallet, and the snare deactivates. It may be reapplied in the same place by a survivor with this perk, however at half speed. Small game and maps detect this snare.

The Bus Came Back

This Perk activates when you clean two dull totems or one hex totem. You now have a 100% chance of unhooking yourself. When you do this and you are more than 32m away from killer, everyone gets a survivor death sound cue, and your icon in hud changes as if you were sacrificed. You are immune to any aura reading effects and leave no scratch marks for 180 seconds. You can now be moried by a killer.

Make Technician turn off a generator's aura for a killer outside of 32m while working on it.

Make No Mither not activate until a survivor gets damaged for the first time, and make it hide the Broken status from killer.

• EschatologueEschatologue Member Posts: 39

Also

Cabin in the Woods Survivor Pack WHEN?

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 16,550

I'm loving reading through all these, you guys are just so creative with your ideas! <3

• TheVVitchTheVVitch Member Posts: 224

Dude this would fit so well for a werewolf themed killer!

Would be awesome if it would be useful at other times throughout the match.

• AGMAGM Member Posts: 396

Hex: Immersion. Survivors leave scratches while walking or moving while crouched. When this hex's totem is cleansed, all survivors out of sight scream, revealing their location for 5 seconds.

I would LOVE cursed treasure for a pirate themed killer!

Would be awesome if after searching the chest, a skull was in place of an item

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,573

Slashing Entity

The Entity has put its Entity legs on all Meathooks, and they will automatically slash at any Survivor within 1/2/3 meters of the Meathook, dealing 1 Health State worth of damage.

Entity legs on a Meathook are passive as long as a Survivor is hooked on that Meathook, and will only start slashing again once all Survivors leave the 1/2/3-meter area.

Phase 1 for Survivors while on the Meathook now works the same as phase 2, but button pressing has been replaced with Cages of Atonement Skill Checks.

Entity legs can be burned away by Flashlights/Firecrackers.

Entity legs disappear when Meathooks break from sabotage or sacrifice, but if the Meathook gets repaired, the Entity legs come back too.

False Hope

The trial starts with 1 extra Generator.

This Generator works exactly like all other Generators: Survivors get BP from repairing it, Killers can see its aura, Perks work on it, finishing all repairs without repairing this Generator will make the Entity wrap its Entity Legs around it, etc. etc.

If the Survivors finish repairs on this specific Generator however, the Entity will take the Generator away with a cool animation, and the number of Generators required will not go down unlike usual. (Yes, Perks that work on Generator completion, like Bitter Murmur & Dark Sense, also still work with this Generator.)

If this Generator is repaired, the Killer gets 1/2/3 GOTCHA! score event(s), which rewards 500 BP in the Deviousness category.

What's that scent? (Can you guess this reference?)

When breaking a Pallet, Bloodlust will reset down to level I/reset down to level II/not reset.

So, simplifying it, if you had Bloodlust III and have What's That Scent at Perk Level 1, it would reset to Bloodlust I.

With Perk Level 2, it resets to II, and on Level 3, it would not reset.

And of course, the other methods of losing Bloodlust still apply.

• Exerath1992Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

Some perks from my "Repo: the genetic opera" season idea:

Killer perks:

-Let the monster rise: if a survivor vaults or drops a pallet within 8/12/16 meters of you, you get a rage token. Once you have 6 rage tokens, you can break pallets/doors/generators and vault 40%/50%/60% faster for 30 seconds. You lose all rage tokens 5 seconds after the chase ends. This has a 90 second cooldown

-Thankless Job: while carrying a survivor, you move 6%/8%/10% faster if another survivor is within your terror radius. You can see the aura of any survivors that leaves your terror radius until they re-enter your terror radius, or 0/1/2 seconds after you drop or hook the survivor

-Night Surgeon: When hooking a survivor, any survivors within your terror radius scream and are hindered for 10/20/30 seconds

Experienced hunter: each survivor is assigned a color (red, blue, green, yellow) that can be seen on their character icon. Their scratch marks and bloodstains match that color.

Survivor Perks:

-Anatomy: when you fail a skillcheck on another survivor while you are both injured, you are both instantly healed, but the killer can see your aura and you both suffer from the exposed status effect for 15 seconds.

-Things You See... When another survivor is put into a dying state within 12/16/20 meters of you, you gain iron will, urban evasion, quick and quiet, and can not scream for 15/20/25 seconds.

-Sub-Market: when any survivor is getting items out of the basement chests while you are in the basement, the item is automatically ultra-rare with rare/very-rare/ultra-rare add ons. The killer gets a loud noise event at the basement entrance 1/2/3 seconds after that item leaves the basement

-Sympathetic killer: when a killer carries a survivor, they move 6%/8%/10% slower if you or another survivor is within his terror radius. When you or another survivor leaves the killers terror radius while he is carrying a survivor, you/they heal, sabotage, and repair generators 15% faster until 4/6/8 seconds after the survivor is hooked or dropped

-Blood Condition: when injured, you bleed slightly more frequently (stacks with sloppy butcher). If you preform a fast vault or leave a locker in a sprint, you stop bleeding and your moans of pain are silenced 6/8/10 seconds. This can not be done again until you are fully healed.

-Genetics: if the killer is able to see the aura of another survivor within 24/32/40 meters of you, so can you. The aura is blue instead of red and stands out even if they are not behind an object.

edited August 2020

Killer Perk:

Barbed Aperature:

Windows within 25/30/35 meters of you become barbed with sharp, rusty wires. Survivors that vault these windows scream in pain revealing their location and causing the hemorrhage status effect. Pools of blood left by affected injured survivors appear brighter for 15 seconds.

"The traps have been set. Run little mice. You won't get far."

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 3,545

Medusa’s Visage: Your appearance slowly immobilizes those who gaze on it.

Any survivor within your terror radius with an unobstructed view of you on their screen is Hindered by a cumulative 3/4/5% per second of continuous looking up to a maximum of 30/40/50%. The Hindered effect persists until the survivor stops looking at you for 5 seconds after which it diminishes by 3/4/5% per second.

Notes:

• Use the Ghost Face stalk view mechanics for purposes of determining if the killer is in the survivor’s field of view.
    • I think a variant of this would also make for a good killer ability for a Medusa killer. 🙂
    • Obviously the exact numbers are up for debate. The idea is to set them high enough to discourage survivors looking directly at you but low enough that it’s not an overpowered perk.
  • notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 3,636

I like the idea - Would the EGC continue if the gates close again, or no?

• MotolmangMotolmang Member Posts: 10

I've been working on a lot of "what if" scenarios for licensed properties coming to DBD as well as some original ideas.

I recently finished up a small "What if Resident Evil in DBD" document that i'm quite happy with, each perk taking several iterations to finally getting to states I think are fair and healthy for the game. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hpA5mJaOdCBOBwxFfx2uOEgbC7aExztrgLeyZ6fbH6g/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any comments or ideas, I'd love to hear back from you. You could either leave a comment on the document or if you want a more direct way to get in touch with me, get me on Discord @MOTOL#7463 if you have any questions or want to try to see some other ideas i'm working on.

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 2,103

So many interesting idea`s being posted, its actually nice seeing the community create unique ideas and supporting each other!

speaking of which i though of a new one, Growing hunger: After hooking a survivor your hunger for destruction fills your blood, gain a 5% increase to vaulting,breaking and speed for 10/15/20seconds.

• Shymare_11Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494

I got some:

-Catch a break: If you are downed while taking a protection hit or unhooking a survivor this perk will activate. If the survivor is in the process of being hooked with a struggle meter of 80/70/60% or more, then the hooking action is interrupted and the killer is stunned for an extra 5 seconds. This perk has a 60 seconds cool down.

+Karma is always making it’s way around, you just have to wait for it to get back to you.

-Purity: When afflicted by a negative status effect, activate the the secondary power button to lock progress on that effect (both time and power). When done you are immune to all other status effects, including positive. This perk has a 30/25/20 second cool down and can be deactivated in the same way after the cool down, restarting the count. When deactivated, the negative effected halted with instantly be removed.

+Your experience with purging and purification rituals have given you insight of how to be cleansed as well.

-Destructive Tendencies: This perk will give the killer the blind status effect that will be removed for 7 seconds each time a generator is completed. When you are stunned or blinded, this perk receives a token to a maximum of 9 tokens.

•3 tokens=Breaking pallets and walls are 40% faster. 20% decrease to stunned/recovery speed.

•6 tokens=Any time a survivor escapes you receive the enraged status effect (5% movement speed increase, 15% breaking of pallets and walls speed, and 25% decrease to stunned/blinded recover speed) for 60 seconds.

•9 tokens=Gain the ability to completely regress a generator and make them unrepairable for the rest of the trial, this will almost be usable on already fixed generators forcing survivors to fix another one. After using this ability, 6 tokens will be removed.

If you down and hook a survivor, lose 3/2/1 token(s). When a survivor dies, lose 9/6/3 tokens.

-As you are stopped those who are weaker than you, you grow angry and less cautious.

Hex-Barbed Hooks: When a survivor tries to save a hooked survivor, the unhook action is considerably/significantly/dramatically (50/100/150%) longer and the saving survivor must perform normal skill checks at irregular intervals to complete the action. This effect remains as long as the associated hex totem persists.

Honestly these seem really op, so can get some ideas to tweak them?

• TrwthTrwth Member Posts: 904

No Apologies

Even after everything you’ve done, right or wrong, you’re not stopping.

While No Apologies is inactive, your repair speed is reduced by 50%.

After being chased by the Killer for 60 seconds, No Apologies activates.

While this perk is active, stunning the Killer with a pallet afflicts them with the Hindered status effect for 30 seconds and you become the obsession. The perk deactivates. Missing the stun also deactivates the perk.

Each time you stun the Killer with a pallet, receive 20% bonus bloodpoints in the Boldness and Survival categories, up to a maximum of 60%/80%/100% bonus bloodpoints.

^ A proper chasing perk, at the cost of repair speed. It’s part of a chasing set for one of my Survivors and is a little outdated and plenty gimmicky.

• LegionnaireWyattLegionnaireWyatt Member Posts: 17

How about killer perks that use the secondary ability button like dead hard?

For example, a perk I thought up for a Dishonored Daud Chapter:

Favor: Pilfered possession

You have a contact who knows how to get things

Start the trial with 1 Bear trap, survivors cannot see you holding it.

Hold the secondary ability button to set the trap. Press it again while near a set trap to pick it up, or hold it near an unset trap to reset it.

Decreases the stun for stepping in your own trap by (0.75/1.5/2.25 (Tbh I dont know the usual time so this can change) )

As trapper this would just act as a, I think a brown bag? And the stun decrease.

I think this perk would be a terrifying and devious addition to any trial, while still being fair to survivors by not adding anything they don't already know how to counterplay. It would force survivors to stay on their toes, no matter the killer, and allow any killer to have a defensive tool. This perk would be especially more useful now that traps can't be broken.

• doitagain_doitagain_ Member Posts: 708

Survivor: Put Your Back Into It

Press and hold the Active Ability button for 4 seconds while standing beside a breakable wall to ram it open.

Put Your Back into It has a cool-down of 140/130/120 seconds.

Killer: Sticky Hands

After hitting a survivor with a basic attack, that survivor becomes oblivious for 40/50/60 seconds. While oblivious, the next generator they touch will regress 10% without exploding.

• Vector7707Vector7707 Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2020

Great Escape - Fast vaulting over a window or pallet while in a chase calls upon the entity to block that window/pallet for 10/15/20 seconds to killers. Blocked pallets can not be destroyed. This perk can only be activated every 80/70/60 seconds.

Bloodguilt - When a survivor is hooked bloodguilt activates. While you are 24 meters away or more from a hooked survivor, for every 20/15/10 seconds that passes while the survivor is hooked, bloodguilt gains a token. (Max: 3) 1 Token: All nonhooked survivors suffer from the oblivious status effect. 2 Tokens: All nonhooked survivors suffer from the oblivious and blindness status effects. 3 Tokens: All nonunhooked survivors suffer from the oblivious, blindess, and exhausted status effects. Bloodguilt loses all its tokens when a survivor is unhooked. Status debuffs linger on survivors for 5/7/9 seconds after Bloodguilt deactivates.

• Alex23Alex23 Member Posts: 11

New SKILL for survivors:

You don't give me.

You'll get 25%/30%/35% chance to evade the assassin's attacks when these impacts give you ( during the evasion time you can't get damage ) 

New Skill For survivors:

You don't give me.

You'll get 25%/30%/35% chance to evade the assassin's attacks when these impacts give you ( during the evasion time you can't get damage ) 

New Skill:

Practical.

The speed with which you unhook other survivors, purify totem, open exit doors, open chests and hook sabotage, you do it 50/75%/100% faster than usual.

you get an extra 25% in blood fragments for each of those actions you take.

New Skill:

Without a trace.

The scratch marks you leave when you run decrease by 65%/80%/95%.

• OneClownMainOneClownMain Member Posts: 16

Two perks from my "Mob of the Dead" chapter concept.

Killer: Prison Sentence

The Hook is a jail cell for the survivors. When you hook a survivor, they will not be able to being struggling to escape for 5/6/7 seconds after being hooked. Prison Sentence has a cooldown of 28/24/20 seconds.

Survivor: Weasel Out

You want to get away from those hooks as fast as possible. When either you rescue someone or someone rescues you from a hook, both of you break into a sprint at 130% of your normal running speed for a maximum of 6 seconds. Causes both of you to suffer from the Exhausted status effect for 120/110/100 seconds.