Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

If you 1st hook mori you’re bad.

Comments

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 3,980

Killers that obviously struggle and would have clearly lost without the Mori are bad. Which by the way isn't a bad thing, for some reason some nerds seem to believe being bad at a game or just being a casual is a shameful thing, which is honestly beyond hilarious if you give it any thought.

But there are also good killer players that may use the Mori like that: Mori is no doubt a terrible offering and needs to be looked at, but saying that every killer who mori's first hook is bad isn't quite accurate. It's simply more common for bad killers to do so since they need it to win.

• Komodo16Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

I do agree first hook mori doesn't always make you a bad killer, but bad killers usually do it more. I'm not a bad killer but im.not the best I think im decent maybe even good and I sometimes first hook mori if im.mad but its usually whenever I have toxic players from.before, keys or if I get rushed because then I need to get more pressure. But I dont make a habit out of easy kills. Id say its the habitual users that are bad

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Only an idiot would care what you or anyone thinks about how they play. As long as they follow the rules set by the Devs, not cheat/hack, and are having fun, why should they care? It’s not like you’re paying them to play a certain way.

It’s a video game, unless you’re a streamer who makes a living off of it, it has no bearing on your life other than wasting time.

• Babyyy_BoyyBabyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444

This post was not made for people to give a damn or care. It was more of a personal opinion. If you’re the type to 1st hook mori and took offense to what I posted that’s on you. Have a nice day.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,371

like say if you use ds and ub your bad that make more then half the survivor I face bad.

Yeah I think 1st hook off an ebony and using DS and unbreakable is pretty annoying because both have little to no counterplay.

• IIITweedleIIIIIITweedleIII Member Posts: 829

Not even gonna read any this...

Just so you know. It's never been 1st Hook Mori Kill. The wording is just stupid.

You get hooked once. Your teammate saves you. You get caught AGAIN. (In between that is either being healed or mistake for getting caught wounded.) Chased...

At this point is where the Killer is NOT AT FAULT for the remaining moment.

It is now your fault for getting downed a SECOND time. Then Killer decides to end you.

It is and has never been 1st hook die.

Asides being face camped. Survivors CAN prevent being Mori killed.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,371

only like that if they hard camping when they use a mori

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 1,861
    edited August 2020

OR... we're not trying to 4k to win so much as use the mori to purposely de-rank until we reach less frustrating ranks since matchmaking is currently based on them. I mean, that's what I do. 1-hook-into-mori is devastating to the killers emblems and ranking, especially in the red ranks, so if I find that I'm getting frustrated, or just tired of going up against too many sweaty high rank solo's and SWF teams, I dust off the large pile of Ebony Mori's, 1 shot perks/killers/add-ons, and go Kill away until I drop down to rank 7-ish where the games become less stressful.

Unlike survivors options for de-ranking, Mori's have become a useful tool that helps killers purposely de-rank, and they allow us to do so without having to resort to pathetic measures like DC'ing, or AFK'ing. With such a tool usually piling up in our inventories, and with the devs changing them to punish killers ranking ever since the emblem system went live, why not take advantage of them for this purpose?

To me its a win/win way to de-rank if that's what you're after, because you have short, fun matches, and earn decent bloodpoints while you're at it. It's always funny to get a 3-4k, end up with around 20k+ bp, and still get the "Entity Displeased" message. Sure it's not very nice to the red rank survivors, but at least the matches are short enough that they don't waste too much time in them, so they'll either get over it, or come to these forums to whine about it.

I'm not really trying to change you're mind about them, just offering a different perspective as to why any killer would purposely 1-hook-into-mori a team of survivors knowing that their ranking is going to suffer for it... It just seems to me that this has become the Mori's intended purpose.

• KharKhar Member Posts: 585

You have no way of knowing they can't 4k a decent team without it. Change my mind.

• bubbabrothabubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,117

If you don't like them, fine, but don't call people bad for playing a game they bought how they want.

It's the camping that needs dealt with. Not the Mori. The blame is directed in the wrong direction.

1.) If the teammate saves you within the killers terror radius with no borrowed time you’re pretty much screwed unless your right next to a locker

2.) if the killer has sloppy and thanat, healing won’t be an option if the killer decides to come back, it takes to way long to heal at base so adding those will make it a pain.

3.) Killers that play like a douche with a mori is hard to counter

I could say the same thing about you. 🤷‍♂️ I don’t really care about your opinion.

What's that got to do with being 1st hooked?

It's not the fault of the requirements to be Mori killed.

So again. It is Not 1st Hook Killed.

Survivors 1st hook is HangTime. Leaving time before struggling.

In between that time. Do something instead of unhooking team mate. Gens preferred.

Don't heal after being unhooked and especially UNDER the hook a survivor was just unhooked from. Especially if Thananananananana is in play.

Again when a Facecamping douche is your opponent. Do other things before anything else. That camping killer is stood asting their time. And again. Not using a Mori to do it.

Blaming mori is misdirecting the problem

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

absolutely drunk as #########...time to first hook mori survivors....

if I can down anyone in my current state, you are bad at survivor 🤣

I understand that going up against sweaty SWF’s and Solos can be very stressful and frustrating but there’s honestly no need to bring a mori for survivors that haven’t cause you problems. This is where the cycle of toxicity begins. If you haven’t watched this video by Scott Jund you should watch it he explains things a bit better. But if you don’t, basically a killer who’s toxic to survivors for no reason makes them angry which then makes them become toxic to every killer they run into even if they had no personal problems. If goes both ways but yeah.

https://youtu.be/XICa4fv9oSs

i was happy as a clam on the 100th episode of one piece and tequila...but now i gotta turn on dbd to see if i even have moris on my pc killers 🤣☠👀💀🤬

• MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,435

You play fair-ish, you get hooks.

You play fair, you get hatch.

You play a**hole, you get mori.

You play dorky, i get pallet, i show you totems, you get door.

lol it's even a challenge turning my pc on...if i can land hit survivors in my current state...potatoes

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,323

Idiot killer today playing as GF. Hooked 1, camped the area, mori. Hooked me, escaped into corner after unhooked, GF returns and Mori's me. Ffs, we had 3 gens still to do and it was a very even game until he decided spoil it.

I can see the need to take an Ebony mori into a match as SWF insurance, but to use them on first hooked survivors early game is just ridiculous.

I definitely agree. Matches like those are so annoying as well.

• FlatskullFlatskull Member Posts: 332
    edited August 2020

Who cares.

DBD dosen't reward you playing well at the game with the exception of a couple more thousand BP. Which offerings -and events- will offset anyway. I tried being good at DBD and getting to rank 1 and even done it.

All I got was alot of stress and being paired up constantly with swf-the worst experience a killer can get besides a comm team- same with MMR. I'd rather let people go and have crappy MMR and keep my games casual than have to sweat against some cocky swf gen rush brigade because I had the audacity to try and play decently for 3 rounds.

You don't get any cosmetics for reaching top ranks. You don't get extra points or shard or a free item or access to some form of prestige perk or whatever. All you get is stress and people Tbagging at you the gate and saying you shouldn't be at rank one because you couldn't out play an unavoidable, chest high unmindgamable loop for 20 seconds while 3 gens pops at the same time.

I'd rather be a bad killer than have such bad games.

Post edited by Flatskull on
  • SloppyKnockoutSloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

You're acting like there's a mori every game. This may be the case at green ranks where you play - but at red ranks, it's not.

But okay - insult me.

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,215

using a mori on a blendette is like donating to charity thank you for your service

• delilahsupastardelilahsupastar Member Posts: 40

I like the term 'inexperienced'. Although, others are right. It doesn't necessarily mean they're 'inexperienced', it just means they're ######### or insecure. I definitely wouldn't mori one group off first hook just because of something the last group did. The best thing to do in that situation (if a particular group are being little a-holes) is be one in return. There are plenty of ways to make the responsible survivors miserable.

I did not mean the insult but first and foremost I’m in the red ranks and have been in the red ranks for over year,(other than rank reset) so the majority of the killers I get with an ebony are red ranks. I know rank does not mean skill as so the devs have confirmed themselves, but you’d be suprised on how often red rank killers bring moris. I still think no group of survivors should be 1st hook mori’d unless you personally have had problems with them in the past or there is at least a key in the lobby.

• delilahsupastardelilahsupastar Member Posts: 40

Until I watched this video, I had no idea why people hated Blendettes so much. Now I understand. 1 gen left and she literally hides the whole time he's being chased.