Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We are currently experiencing a server outage which is preventing players from connecting to the game; we are monitoring the situation and we'll give you a heads up once services are restored!
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

I want to see killer tier lists from some people

Comments

• mostlyghostlymostlyghostly Member Posts: 135

Tierlist for comp play. Nurse, spirit and PH can all counter looping effectively. Nurse and Spirit generate map pressure and PH can tunnel players out of the game. Freddy is good but can be countered by survivors staying awake and predropping pallets. Billy has good map pressure but not great downing potential. Oni has a great power but can't access it against a comp team, at least not early enough. Hag is ok is she gets a hook due to camping/tunneling potential but struggles with her traps. Huntress has good downing potential but not good map pressure and won't get cross maps. Doc can down but can't do it nearly as fast as PH. I'm not too sure about LF as he's quite new, but I think he's ok. GF can generate map pressure by 99ing but good teams will take protection hits etc. Rest of killers just get looped for 5 gens and won't even get a hook probably

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 3,909

I mean tournament play. Every tournament has slightly different rules, but in general, no ultra rare add ons, most maps are banned because most maps are completely unbalanced in high skill play, and you get points based on hook states, escapes, gens completed, etc. Most killers in this game are complete non threats against 4 highly skilled survivors. Some of the best killers in the world barely manage 1k or 2k games.

• batax90batax90 Member Posts: 879

i was expecting a real tier list im kinda dissapointed with that kind of response i was hoping the dev could have an idea about their own game

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 3,638

Gotcha, that's fair enough. "They break pallets for 5 gens and the game is over" is extreme, because they should be able to get some hooks unless they're really doing something wrong, but I agree they would have trouble stopping the gen rush. If the game is meant to be balanced around a 2k, though, it actually doesn't seem too bad that the weaker killers in the game would manage a 1k or 2k when played optimally against survivors in a SWF also playing optimally.

• vermillyvermilly Member Posts: 10
  • edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 3,909

Really depends. Certain killers really can't do anything against safe pallets unless the survivors make a mistake. I mean Nurse and Spirit have to sweat super hard to get 2k games against a lot of these teams. Two killers have tried to play Doctor against my team in the last two tournaments and they managed 3 hooks total in 2 games.

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,587

If you had played as michael against a decent 4 man SWF then they can pretty easily keep you in tier 1 for quiet a while depending on how the map spawned.

If they are successful at keeping you in tier 1 for an extended time period of time you pretty much lose the game.

Yeah, well I suppose if a lot of the maps are banned I'd imagine killer-sided ones like Hawkins that have very few safe pallets probably wouldn't be in the rotation. Rules are also going to matter a lot; like, I've seen tournaments that ban tunneling, camping, and slugging (in the pure sense; trying to get everyone downed at once, not like an Oni with Infectious or something). If win condition is kills, banning those strategies is really handicapping the killer. If the win condition is points that's less important, but it's still a big factor.

• alex9eralex9er Member Posts: 96

Here's mine

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,716

The only Objectively Right™ tier list.

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,732

I really like the tier list dowsey made.

It's really accurate in my opinion

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,823
  • RittihilattiRittihilatti Member Posts: 121

Doesnt matter how your list look like.

The gap between the first and the last is waaaay to huge.

That is the problem.

• zoozoom6zoozoom6 Member Posts: 819
    edited August 2020

EXPLAINATIONS:

S TIER: nurse and spirit are anti looping gods with minimal defenses against them.

this seems to be widely accepted so i wont go over them too much

A TIER:

ONI: has the possibility to be better than everyone but his early game is abysmal

FREDDY :is an all around good killer( good chase time and teleportation for map pressure can go a long way)

HAG: a top tier killer with major drawbacks including being hard countered by flashlights, having a minute of trap setting destroyed when you are carrying a survivor and being orientated around survivor mistakes. that being said if she hooks you there might be nothing the team can possibly do to save you even as she goes in for more.

HILLBILL: an oldy but a goody. can destroy survivors a minute in with ease if you know what you are doing often even faster than those ranked above him but is a bit map dependent.

PYRAMID HEAD: tbh i don't have him and only played against him a few times but this feels right

DEATHSLINGER: then best ranged killer on most maps, bearly any terror radius to warn you, guarenteed injure and deep wound reguardless of reel in and the least map dependent ranged killer.

GHOSTFACE: the best stealth killer by alot(unless you consider spirit a stealth killer). can do nearly everything myers, pig and wraith can do and better.

DOCTOR: impossible to hide from and able to stop vaults and pallet usage as well as force them to wast time to snap out of it. hes just great.

B TIER:

HUNTRESS: the most map dependant killer in the game with likely the best addon combo in the game. on auto haven with infantry belt and iri heads they dont have a chance on lery's going in base kit you likely already lost but every map isnt lery's or auto haven so i'll keep her here in the middle.

LEATHERFACE: not good not great but better than before

PLAGUE: a high skill ceiling that is almost never reached due to her dependence on survivors to give her anything. Better hope they clense or you're a 32 meter terror radius non stealthy 1m killer that has to soak em for 10 continuous seconds to down them in one.

C TIER:

CLOWN: objectively inferior freddy. hes freddy with no teleport, a reload and slightly different slow mechanics

DEMOGORGAN: easily removed traps that are far from instant with a cooldown but he has a cool m2 so thats something better not look to his addons for help though

TRAPPER: just hope you brang the right loadout for the right squad. bring a darkening loadout against the squad that checks everywhere they will step beforehand and you lose, bring coils or the other iri for them and you're golden. if you dont look you've already won

MYERS: one hit downs sometimes and some stealth make a good killer right? just not at the same time right? right?

PIG: A lunge ability similar to the wraiths uncloak but with a callout to survivors a day in advance and more difficult to control and a side ability that is 100% luck so it looks like the lunge isnt going to carry you. are you feeling lucky?

WRAITH: Oh i love wraith so much but there is more strength in wet tissue paper than there is in his base kit

F TIER:

LEGION: if the survivors are stupid enough to think your power is worth running away from they lose if not they dont

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,230

It sounds like the tournament is banning too many things away from the killer and the killer is setup to fail in those tournaments because they're relying in base kit of killers which is generally speaking extremely bad. I think major things that tournament should ban are med-kit styptic agent, Toolbox-Brand new part & keys and the killer side should ban all equivalents of ban Mori which include ebony mori, ivory mori and all killer add-on associated with Mori. Those items change the game too much when stacked and skewed the game very heavily one side. The other killer stuff is fair game though. It sometimes feel like a lot of really good add-on on killer in capsule the killers true form. Although I find it funny at times for what dev consider strong and it always gives me a good laugh. I imagine the reason why base-kit killers are weak towards the game is so that newcomers survivors do not have too terrible of gameplay experience, though I imagine that it ends up being the case from the game having high-skill floor and smurfing within matchmaking. No clue why anyone would even attempt to play base-kit killers that are balanced for rank 8-20 against veteran players in tournament setting. It just does not work.

• AxeAxe Member Posts: 1,061

does this mean we get to see a pig rework/buff soon? xd

• ZerLukasZerLukas Member Posts: 293

Something like that.

• TricksTricks Member Posts: 957
  • AxeAxe Member Posts: 1,061
  • MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,818

Not really a tier list, but I just want to say that the best killers in the game are the ones that don't have to play pallets or windows. Nurse and Spirit are easily the top, followed (in no particular order) by Deathslinger, Pyramid Head, Hag, and even Huntress.

Every other killer, at some point, has to play tiles and cannot get you between them. That is the downfall of killers, just as much as mobility. I can and have turned Billy's and Oni's to cheese just because I'm in a broken area, and not because I'm good but because it's easy to chain tiles and drop pallets. What's mobility worth when you don't get a chance to use it?

• lunaticlifterlunaticlifter Member Posts: 426
    edited August 2020

Played all killers consistently, i think it's pretty accurate, this tierlist is considering killers played at their best, that's why demo is higher than the other, really underrated killer

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,399

Thank god someone else here has some sense and can actually play Deathslinger well. I think the one part I disagree with on your list is GhostFace being lower than Myers. Imo gf is just a better Myers and there's almost no reason to play Myers right now, he's kinda useless as a stealth killer in comparison. He definitely needs some buffs, he's too outdated and lagging behind most other killers, same with Wraith. Hope my two stealthy bois get some changes soon.

i think myers is better than ghostface just because of janky stealth mechanic and because spine chill exist..myers also doesn't have to target a single survivor, his tier 3 is more consistent since you have a longer lunge and faster vault speed and he also got synergy with perks like bamboozle, infectous fright, definitely better snowball potential.. sadly they both suck against good survivors.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,399

Tbf the cooldown on his ability hurts him. 30 seconds is a really long time, I think if it was cut in half he'd be a seriously good killer

@ALostPuppy still i don't know because of spine chill... this perk completely counters his stealth and even if you wanna play the '' hit and run'' strategy it doesn't work.. again against, 4 good survivors, comm he will still be not good enough... even with double recharge he is pretty average..his instadown is not reliable at all, he has not map control, no snowball, no antiloop.. he lacks too many things to be a good killer

• Lazerboy88Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

i wouldnt consider this game overly competitive, but alot of those D killers can do well or manage against a good swf, Id have to disagree with majority of this list but its all opinion so all good

• maderrmaderr Member Posts: 251

Yes, Oni can't do anything against a swf, he is a pallet loop weak killer, almost the same than demogorgon.

Plague, when she is well played, is really efficient, you can't loop against her etc...