Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Please remove OoO from the game

2»

Comments

• DCh4rlieDCh4rlie Member Posts: 62

Can we move away from a balance point of view and address simply how unfun OoO is?

There is no other perk from neither side that wants me to smash the DC button like OoO. I find it extremely frustrating, unfun and also kind of uncomfortable being looked at by someone across the map from a safe distance who can read every move I make and predict what is going to happen next.

It has actually come to a point where I wouldn't even care if they "buffed" OoO so only the surv. can see the killer and not the other way around. Because if I didn't know I'm being watched, it doesn't really bother me.

• NobsydeNobsyde Member Posts: 1,283
    edited August 2020

OoO would never be like it is if it came out today. It's an extremely powerful perk in good hands and a obnoxious and un-fun perk to go against in a swf team. Right now when a killer see a OoO at the start of the game he sighs just like survivors do when they see a hidden offering by the killer.

Without completely changing how OoO works, there could be two possible reworks that follow the current perk philosophy: if it can be very strong, introduce a cooldown (surge, thrilling tremors, I'm all ears, trail of torment, dragon's grip...).

The perk would then state as follows:

If you are looking in the Killer's direction, your link will reveal your Auras to each other.

This effect applies only if you are outside of the Killer's Terror Radius and the killer is not Undetectable.

The effect will activate for 6 seconds.

As the Killer's Obsession, this effect applies to a maximum range of 56/64/72 metres. Otherwise, it applies to a maximum range of 44/56/64 metres.

OoO has a cool-down of 60/50/40 seconds every time it activates

(The times that I've picked are taken 1:1 from I'm All Ears, they can change, but the concept would still remain this)

The result of these 3 changes are that OoO is still remaining a valuable perk, but it cannot be used to constantly harass the killer.

• handfulofrainhandfulofrain Member Posts: 317

I can safely say 99% of killers would rather face the small pp build than OoO.

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

NGL I camp every OoO user i see especially if i play hag, the perk is not fun to go against and literally gives a swf info on where the killer is at nearly all times.

Running that perk in your swf is worse than the killer running NOED, you guys hate that clutch perk yet you use a perk that gives you constant info for your whole team which can completely destroy certain killers.