May we get a time extension on the Rift?
Is it possible or even likely that we may see a time extension for the current Rift that is connected to Tome IV?
When I was struggling to find a reason to keep playing, Rifts were announced. The idea of completing Tome Challenges, in the hopes of reaching Tier 70, presented me with a goal I was previously lacking. (I had already finished the Bloodpoint grind. I had all of the Perks on the characters I cared about.) So far, the Rifts have been a genuinely enjoyable aspect of the game that help me ignore many of the other unsatisfactory parts.
Prior the the Rifts, I never felt motivated to purchase Auric Cells. Other players have already discover that the Tome IV challenges don't grant nearly as much progress towards reaching Tier 70. This means that playing more matches to complete the Rift will be required. Sinking in more time for the same level of reward currently isn't an issue for me. Under normal circumstances I would happily spend the required amount of time.
Now, let me illustrate the issue I'm having and why I'm preemptively asking for a time extension on the current Rift. It's undeniable that many changes and tests have occurred during this Rift (Tome IV). You've added and removed new matchmaking on the live versions of the game. You've forced people to participate in cross-play. (In my personal experience, queue times are at least twice as long after cross-play.) Errors are running rampant. Now, you're testing Hit Validation on the live versions of the game. It's not my job to figure out why tests are being run on the live versions of the game when there is a test version of the game. Perhaps it's time to enable cross-play on the test version of the game.
- It will absolutely require more time to complete the Rift because of unannounced Challenge and Rift Fragment changes
- Errors have been an extremely common occurrence for many players during this Rift
- Live testing has disrupted matchmaking and increased queue times
- Cross-play has noticeably increased queue times
- Loading times are increased with cross-play enabled
- Completing the Rift is the main reason I continue to play
- Increasing the time required to complete the Rift while inadvertently increasing the time between matches is, in my mind, unacceptable!