Home Discussions General Discussions

Survivors Taking Game Hostage To Exploit Hatch

Comments

• ReinamiReinami Member Posts: 1,063
  • GodotGodot Member Posts: 806

Oh, boo hoo. Give me a break. I have never had a game like that in my life. Not as a Killer, not as a Survivor. However much I tried to "ninja around the map" either alone or with a friend to attempt great escape, we still tried to do generators (because we were working together in the first place) but even if we didn't, the Killer would've still found one of us. Must be just the trash way I play, although from the looks of it it still would've been trash if I tried to play the hiding game, eh?

If they're sweating off their balls to get that 4k, instead they should just AFK and go watch YouTube or something in the meantime. That's what I would do, instead of complaining about something I've personally literally never experienced, but 90% of people here somehow have and it being a "serious issue" (Red ranks, by the way). Seriously, what's gonna happen if you don't get a 4k? Ruin your precious 2 win record?

Up votes mean that people agree with you. Shouldn't you be happier or something? You got more than I did!

• CaulDrohnCaulDrohn Member Posts: 538

I had exactly such a game maybe a week ago. Playing with two blendettes, and as soon as I was dead and they were the only left, they refused to do any gens and crouched around the map the whole time (with urban, of course), for more than 15 mintues. Eventually I befriended the killer and tried to tell him where they were hiding, it still took quite some time until they were finally sacrificed (bc. I could only messge him).

You did the right thing, to be honest. I may be a Survivor main, but even I hate Blendettes. Seriously, worst character ever. Every time I see them as Killer, I literally have to up my monitor's brightness by like 200, and use a useless perk like Predator to properly see where they run off to.

Before the killers got locked in lobby, you could switch to Freddy, since sleeping survivors gat a blue/white outline and cannnot hide efficiently. Sadly thats no longer possible. Does predator really help against that? I would say Bloodhound, Stridor or Whispers are better picks in case of Blendettes ^^.

Well, I always get confused when they run at me suddenly and I instantly lose them because of how weird the camera angle is for Killers. So yeah, Predator helps tracking where they go. But I agree, the other perks you listed are also quite useful.

• BongRips4WraithBongRips4Wraith Member Posts: 75

Killers: Tunnel, camp, and slug whenever they feel like it because it creates easy pressure (thought not always the best one), especially if they're losing. This can waste a lot of the Survivor's time and is generally not fun for them.

Survivors: Hide as long as they want (with a 15 minute limit before they get banned) when they're losing because it increases their chances of escaping/getting their daily. This can waste a lot of the Killer's time and is generally not fun for them.

You: SURVIVOR EXPLOIT

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 2,186

When there's two survivors left and both are hiding and not doing objectives it's extremely dull as killer, it's also annoying if one of the survivors left is actually still working on gens while the other crouchwalks around the hatch and waits for them to die, essentially rewarding being a terrible teammate. And let's not forget the two swf teammates who have a key and take forever to find the hatch (this is horrible on swamp)

My solution would be a timer like mechanic when two survivors are left in which you have to meet a minimum threshold of productivity - either working on gens or being in chase. When it's up any survivor who failed to do that is instakilled, which could be one of them, neither or both.

• SunaIIanuSunaIIanu Member Posts: 404

I had the same experience this weekend, I wonder if we had the same players but in my case it were two Neas, so probably not. You can't message the killer on steam (and they gave up after 15 minutes) but I recorded and reported them, but with the bad report system we have at the moment I'm not sure if something is going to happen.

The killer had given up after some time, the Neas were urbaning around in an indoor map, so no chance.

You can message the killer if you send a friend request and he accepts it (given you both are on steam, of course).

• SunaIIanuSunaIIanu Member Posts: 404

From my experience the friend requests are easy to miss when you ingame, but maybe I should have tried it.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 1,709

Simple solution:

After 5 minutes of no gens being completed, the killer can go into the basement and power the exit gates themselves.

5 minutes after that, survivors can power the exit gates in the basement as well.

• RoobnusRoobnus Member Posts: 375

If that's for real and those two Survivors were in the match for two hours constantly moving around to not attract the crows... Then they must be mentally handicapped - that's for sure.

Surely sucks to experience this but I kinda feel sorry for them and their lack of brain power to make rational decisions.

Yep, can be missed easily, but the try is free, so why not. If the killer sees it, great you can help him. If not, it's essentially their missed opportunity, not yours.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 3,029

@CaulDrohn

I mean evading the killer is a part of the objective. While I find that gameplay boring, it is a part of the survivor objective.

It is no more "abusable" than someone who only chases till so far. Same holding the game hostage result. You are not letting it end.

• RizeAkiRizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

I will say this the user aka me is mostly a killer main I was on survivor for tome challenges and I didn’t really care about the slug as I said I had UB DS so whatever it’s about stuff that happened after with her where she told me perks are worse then literal third party software (that is some real entitlement to think anyone should have the game held hostage for them though you should really try thinking from both sides not just one you will be a lot more calm about issues if you do)

• GeordieKillerGeordieKiller Member Posts: 337

There is a difference between the two Killer is still doing objective in that sceanio the survivors are not doing objective they are not pushing the game forward if survivors are doing this longer than 15 minutes then correction its not a expolit its holding the game hostage no if no buts its holding the game hostage why is this even a debate?

• kazoie1kazoie1 Member Posts: 66

Just because survivors can hide in a corner spaming emotes so they dont get crows does not make a killer bad or them good

I didn't even know you can't get crows if you spam emotes, LOL

Evading is fine as long as there's still someone working towards the goal, doing the gens to get out. But when multiple surivors do not touch a gen for several minutes, thats not "part of objective", since you cannot get out this way (as a team). Thats taking the game hostage, since the killer has no means in this scenario to finish the game regularly.

When a killer refuses to chase someone but prefers to protect his gens, thats still working for his objective, hindering survs to escape. It is not taking the game hostage, because the survivors can still work towards their objective, even when it is more or less futile. The killer has no way to block all three gens totally, you can always work on one of them. The survivors can finish the game, whether they live or die is not of importance.

The whole "taking game hostage" can be watered down to an easy rule of thumb: If the only way for you to get out of a match is to DC, your opponent is taking the game hostage against you.

Using an actual infinite loop against the killer for an extended amount of time is taking the game hostage, obviously (no longer present in the game, luckily).

Multiple survivors just hiding without doing anything is taking the game hostage, since the killer has no way of finishing the game (neither killing nor letting them escape).

A killer body blocking the last survivor in a corner without hitting is taking the game hostage, since the survivor has no way to escape or die (cannot even move). If EGC is already ticking, it is NOT taking the game hostage, since the game will end eventually.

A killer slugging survivors and refusing to hook them may be scumy, but not taking the game hostage, since the surv will eventually bleed out.

A killer only protecting gens and not chasing is not taking the game hostage, since the survs still have the possibility to let themselves be killed to get out of the match.

• Kees_TKees_T Member Posts: 535

Wait. What Killer were you playing and what was the survivors? And are you a console gamer?

• KhroalthemadbomberKhroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,074

Now to be fair, if it's two Survivors left and you're the everywhere man, then there's no real point in touching generators.

There comes a point where when the Survivors feel like working on objectives will get them killed, instead of openly searching for them, you need to just stand in a corner and let them poke their heads out of their rabbit holes. Once you've given them about a minute or so of you not coming over to find them, that's when you pounce on them. I've had to deal with hyper stealthers like this and this is how I eventually get them.

While TECHNICALLY yes this is sort of holding the game hostage in some regards, it also isn't. They're biding their time for an opening to work on the generators when they feel like it's safe for them to do so.

I wouldn't say you're being a bad Killer, on the contrary the fact that you got two of their teammates shows you did a good job. I'm merely saying that situations like that require patience and an adjustment of your strategies.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,233

There's absolutely no way someone can hide on a DBD map for 2 hours without you finding them. You didn't even try.

• ToastyyToastyy Member Posts: 171

@Peanits Can you clarify if OP’s situation is considered holding the game hostage ?