Home Discussions General Discussions

Dear Myers Mains

KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 2,805

So, couple years ago, I purchased DbD due to Myers. Of all the slasher Icons I grew-up on, he was always my favorite. I put him down in early to mid 2019 due to burnout and moved on to other killers.

Anyway, been trying to pick him up again and having a lot of trouble getting any type of pressure or even a snowball effect (Purple rank survivors).

Any tips from current mains out there? Because at this point, I'm about to shove him into the toy box and just play Ghostface.

Comments

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,233

Honestly I've been having pretty decent game running Corrupt, Whispers, and the pretty much any 2 perks from there. I think my other two slots are Dying Light and Thana or Thana and Brutal Strength.

It's not the best build and there's no synergy but Myers biggest issue is his early game. That's fixed by throwing on Whispers to make sure you find people as fast as possible and having Corrupt so you don't have to travel very slowly across the entire map. Once you hit tier 2, you just play normally from there. If you have PGTW, it's good on any killer so why not throw it on. Up to you.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,483

Thats because Myers is a trapless trapper... Embrace the Ghostface and then embrace the Blight :)

• redsopine00redsopine00 Member Posts: 434

noed monitor scratch and vanitiy morrior dead rabbit nurses abd warden combos

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 2,805
    edited August 2020

I have been feeling that trapless trapper feeling. 🤣

Oh, and unless the retail Blight is a far cry from, and head-and-shoulders above, that abomination I had the displeasure of playing on the PTB, I'll pass on that one. 😁

See, RNGesus is punishing me and has cast me into the 8th Circle of RNG Hell. I cannot seem to get Brutal, Bamboozle, or Corrupt on this guy. I swear, my Myers bloodwebs have the worst luck. I haven't gotten Thana on anyone except Bubba. Yeah, go figure.

It did give me Infectious Fright on Myers, though. Yeah, on Myers. 😡

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

I am not a myers main but I do well with him, when I do play him.

corrupt intervention, bamboozle, bbq, pop/monitor & abuse with dead rabbit + memorial flower

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 2,184

Not a Myers main anymore, although I played him last night for the first time in ages while slightly drunk and did pretty well. He feels jankier than he used to (kinda why I stopped playing him) like when I tried to 99 the stalk it would then regress or zoom straight into tier 3. Anyway what I usually do/did is this:

corrupt intervention for his terrible early game, infectious fright, dark devotion, whatever 4th perk. Any normal add-ons are fine, the one that increases stalk speed is a good choice. Tier 3 on the obsession, one shot them, chase any survivors you saw with IF without your terror radius and red stain, get them too. Or you can ditch IF - less info for you but less warning for them. It's nastier than the way I play most killers but you can get 2-3 people slugged with this pretty quickly and it can be hard to recover from or at least uses up some unbreakables. He's evil incarnate anyway (:

• zoozoom6zoozoom6 Member Posts: 811

myers is a lower ranked killer in general not even top in terms of stealth killers: pig<wraith<myers<ghostface(arguably based on who you think is stealth<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<spirit)

tho he has lots of great builds:

(my current) evil within tier speed run: corrupt,tinker, discordance and pop. any addons

perma mori myers: corrupt, discordance, lightborne and infectious both iri addons( replacing lightborne and infectious with enduring and spirit fury is great too)

snowball myers: infectious,pwyf ,pop and rancor. tier 3 focused addons

jumpscare myers: corrupt,discordance, pwyf and nurses, scratched mirror and a stalking addon or boyfriends memo

stealthy myers: m&a, stbfl,pwyf and nemisis. dead rabbit and any addons to help you in t2

myer is a jack of all trade but master of none

he is likely the most versatile killer in the game

how you should play him can very wildly and this is not an exhaustive list of good builds but even though hes superficially basic his addons and unusual slightly altered base mechanics can make him suit nearly any role you give him

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 3,015

For gen pressure, I find Corrupt Intervention to be a very good perk on him, because it forces survivors out of 'hiding' and you kind of get an idea of where to begin stalking.

For survivor pressure, I would say learn when to and when not to T3. Many people make the mistake of using T3 as soon as it becomes available. Sometimes for example, if I know I absolutely need pressure quick, I will leave a survivor on the ground, and pop my T3 on a healthy survivor trying to go for the save on that survivor. It also forces survivors off gens.

• DarkMagikDarkMagik Member Posts: 384

AFK Myers build.

edited August 2020

Oh, I hold T3 until a valid opportunity presents itself. I think the issue I'm having after not playing him for over a year is the early game pressure. I might shelve him and just pump some BP into him until I get Corrupt. Over 2 million into Level 50 bloodwebs already, and it still hasn't shown. But it seems like Corrupt is pretty much needed in his builds.

edited August 2020

This is actually true.

I was about to tag you in this, and then realized you posted it. 🤣

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Is it sad that I don't even play anymore and yet, I am still addicted to Daddy Meyers? Heck, when I see your avatar and user name I get all hot and bothered.

You are a riot. One of the few things that keeps me coming back to the forums. I'm not playing DbD much myself. I started to make it my main game with crossplay, but I feel like I'm contesting the game's myriad issues more than I am Survivors. So, alas.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 3,658

I run a tiny TR Myers build.

M&A, PGTW, Corrupt and a perk of your choice, I use BBQ.

Add-ons: Dead Rabbit and J. Myers Memorial.

With the Dead Rabbit and M&A, your TR in Tier II is essentially zero, I think the actual number is like 4 meters, plus you can still use Tier III in this build.

edited September 2020

Right now I am running M&A, PGTW, BBQ, and Discordance in place of Corrupt because my Myers has crap bloodweb luck and I still can't get Corrupt to appear.

Been running Dead Rabbit as well, and then another (I forget the name off hand) to moderately increase stalking gain.

Ah, I just call them the Flowers, but yeah, that works too. I generally only rock on information perk, but if two works for you then go for it!

Well, it seems from a majority of replies that Corrupt is fairly needed on Myers, which I agree with. I'm only running Discordance as a placeholder until the ***insert expletive* bloodweb gives me Corrupt.

Ah, yeah, the bloodweb can be painful sometimes. Corrupt is almost essential on Myers, since he is a bit of a dated Killer, he needs the extra time it gives him.

Yeah, I'm thinking of maybe shelving Myers again and just keep putting extra BP into him until Corrupt appears. Early game just feels so useless right now.

Might just pick up Ghostface. I got him to 40 for the teachables, but haven't put more than a few hours of actual play into him yet.

He's a more consistent Myers imo.

He can be broken out of stealth, but if you play him like a Wraith (hit and run) and Myers (popping instant down when close) you can really get a lot of value out of him.

plus he can t-bag Survivors so that's fun :D

Sold. I think I'll put time into Ghostface.

As I just stated in my other (new) thread about stalking killers, I think Myers needs some QoL tweaks. The main one being stalking and distance. Distance needs to stop slowing down his stalk.

Imo, he needs something else in Tier III. Instant downs and faster vaults are nice, but people just drop pallets and there isn't much you can do most of the time. Maybe built in Brutal Strength? I dunno.

• jdcabraljdcabral Member Posts: 1,908

My build is Infectious Fright, Monitor and Abuse, Discordance/Pop and BBQ. Monitor gives him best stealth ability in T2 and also gives him a bigger TR while in chase, which will synergize with Infectious Fright while you are on T3. Try always to get the most downs with each use of T3 (aim for 2 or 3) and don't be afraid to slug. Discordance will give you at least two people to stalk or down if you're with T3 ready. BBQ is for nice aura reading. Abuse your longer lunge and faster vaulting speed during chases, most survivors don't know about these and are greedy with loops.

• FreeshamFreesham Member Posts: 238

Not a Myers main, but I enjoy playing him often. In terms of perks, Corrupt is nice because it stops survivors from starting gens immediately and forces them to run in your direction.

This is personal taste, but I like to run Brutal Strength. If you're chasing around a loop in tier 2 and you can't hit the survivor before they drop the pallet, you can stalk instead, then break the pallet fast and continue chase once they're out of view or you've prepped your tier 3. If you have no problems getting hooks, Pop is nice since it synergizes with Brutal Strength for faster gen kicks.

I enjoy using M&A because sneaking up on survivors is fun, especially when you're pretty much next to them right before you pop your tier 3. Bamboozle can be nice since it stacks with tier 2 and tier 3 vault speed increases, and helps prevent strong loops like long walls, or that fence vault at the preschool building. And of course, Infectious Fright is very good on him since you can snowball very quickly when you use tier 3, you start downing survivors left and right.

• ToxicMyersToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

If you don't want to be gen rushed corrupt is a need. Besides that the other perks are your choice. Personally I have a list of perks I have or want. Pop for slowdown, monitor for jumpscares, infectious for snowball, and maybe enduring spirit fury to be a monster in tier 3

• lucid4444lucid4444 Member Posts: 550

"lot of trouble getting any kind of pressure or even a snowball effect"

Get lucky and play against bad survivors.