Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

after all these years i still don't understand why hatch exist.

2»

Comments

• MekochiMekochi Member Posts: 413

Why I included the lore was because the OP asked why Hatch exists, so I gave my thoughts on why it does. And even so, the hatch, as I said before it makes the survivors believe there is hope to survive after all, the Entity feeds off that hope that they think they will live. And as others have stated, it's better than playing hide & seek with the killer. As well as the fact if the doors spawn away from each other

• CrypticghoulCrypticghoul Member Posts: 211

I understand why hatch exists but I personally hate the hatch race as both sides. Feels awful as a killer when you play well and the last survivor happens across hatch and I hate running around the map as the survivor racing the killer for it so I usually just run at them if they played well or just afk in a locker if they played scummy.

If hatch didn't exist and there weren't any changes to gates being powered it'd be hopeless for the last survivor though and without end game collapse starting when there's one survivor standing you'd have a lot of salty survivors just stealthing around wasting everyone's time.

• WheresTheGateWheresTheGate Member Posts: 385

I understand what you are saying. That's why I suggested a minimum distance between gates and do away with the hatch. I completely agree there are times survivors get the hatch that is nothing more than a no skill, no effort bail out of horrible play. That's the problem though. In the match I described the gate placement bailed a killer out that played horribly and gave him 3 kills that took basically no skill and no effort.

I've ignored hatches in favor of a gate because I would prefer not to take the easy out. However, in a situation like the match I mentioned I will take the hatch if I find it because the gate placement made it a guaranteed death to try to open one. I would prefer an endgame system that is challenging and fair for both sides, unfortunately that isn't the system BHVR has given us.

• ChriskoChrisko Member Posts: 216

BGBomb...Here is the real reason...Dead by daylight is a BUSINESS that BHVR makes money from. They only make money when there is a large number of people playing the game, buying the DLC and cosmetics. Since there are 4 survivors for every 1 killer to play the game, survivors are more important to the long term survival of the game than the 1 killer.

The hatch = hope. All 4 survivors know that regardless of the fate of the other 3 survivors, there is always the hope that the last survivor can escape through that hatch. Without that hope, the survivors would have a more negative opinion of the gameplay.

Your thoughts about what the game should be (team game, lore and other examples) that support removing the hatch may have merit BUT the reality is that the hatch is a late-game staple of the survivor experience and will ALWAYS exist in some form.

Final thought: What would the survivor gamplay experience be like if there were no hatch? How would survivor Solo Q experience be impacted? What would the Surv suicide/DC rate be with no reason to stay in the game?

• bgbombbgbomb Member Posts: 365

i agree some of your point.

but about the dc/suicide part.

it is not the reason to punish the killer

killer is not the one who make it.

it should use matchmaking system or DC punish system to make solo q experience be better .

you sounds like another I want my free escape even I [BAD WORD] up everything I can to me.

edited September 2020

it just a free escape and i can do literally nothing to stop it.

why after they [BAD WORD] up everything they could

they still have a chance to get a free escape

and even after they [BAD WORD] up this chance(hatch) they could get another chance.(door too far)

remove the hatch for the love of god.

it is not fair at all.

those "it is for helping you not have 2 hours long hiding game" are just excuse.

just let the end game timer begin when the third survivors died.

and let the last one need to fixed all gen left and open door in time to escape.

just like end game is not made for free kill.

it should not made for free escape too.

and don't cry about why you want 4K so much.

because i get [BAD WORD] no pip if i don't have 4k.

Post edited by MandyTalk on
  • Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 7,191

One Thread about this topic isnt enough?

I can even re-use my comment:

"Just accept it, you only got a 3K in the game which was played before the creation of this Thread."

• LastShoeLastShoe Member Posts: 863

Sometimes doors are so close that survivor is fecked, sometimes they are too far...

But the idea of starting the end game collapse would just mean, that the killer sits on the hatch and go make himself a tea, while survivor can't do anything but wait to die.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,233

did you even check the recent threads before creating this? lol

Anyway, yes it should.

• Naughty_LoliconNaughty_Lolicon Member Posts: 11

Im not even trying to explain to you why its totally okay because people like u are resistant to any logic thinking.

Its fine how it is and is 100% counterable.

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 1,824

To remove the hatch they’d have to rework multiple perks, items, add ons, challenges and achievements. You can wish for it as much as you want but I really don’t think it’s going to happen, at least not any time soon. You’re better off just accepting that the hatch is a feature of the game and either stop caring about it, or play around it.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,233

Also, you chose to close hatch in that clip instead of going after the survivor across the map knowing he was right by a door. You made that play. How is this post even about the hatch which the survivor didn't use to escape XD

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 3,684

Am I the only person who genuinely never gets mad if the last person gets hatch it's fair and square at that point for me

• TheLastGreatStarTheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    edited September 2020

So you basically want survivors to have no way of escaping other than having to have capable teammates that can get every gen fixed before dying? Sounds balanced.

The hatch works as intended. It’s a 50/50 for both the survivor and killer. Plus, if the killer knows where it is, they have all the power as the survivor can’t jump into it if they’re also stood waiting for it to open. The killer always gets priority.

Opening an exit gate after the hatch has been closed isn’t easy. Especially if you’re against a killer who can travel the map fast like Spirit or Billy. Plus, some of the gates literally spawn next to each other. So once that hatch is closed, it’s game over.

There are ways around this scenario. You can just keep slugging the third survivor left and look for the last one. That way none of them can get the hatch. For me, if a survivor manages to open an exit gate, I just think to myself “gg” as I just drew the short straw. It is what it is. You can’t expect to 4K every single time.

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 1,824

No, I really don’t care either. If someone has to get out through the hatch then I won anyway. You either slug for the 4K or accept the possibility of hatch, and I don’t have the time or give enough of a crap to slug for the 4K every time so I just let the chips falls where they may. It’s not a big deal in my opinion.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 7,191

Not at all. I usually dont care, for me, a 3K with Hatch Escape is the same as a 4K. I only slug for the 4K if I see the last Survivor while downing the 3rd Survivor or if the last Survivor was playing cocky in some way (trying to taunt me, farming his teammates, not doing anything and waiting for hatch, stuff like that).

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 17,492

Hatch is a necessary evil to prevent a survivor from being placed in an unwinnable situation through no fault of their own. If you can think of a better mechanic to accomplish that, I'm sure the devs would love to hear it.

• XayrlenXayrlen Member Posts: 119

Imagine going in this game for a pip on purpose

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 1,941
    edited September 2020

Hatch isn't going anywhere, so if you object to its very existence so hard that you're gonna keep making carbon copy threads about it I'd recommend finding another game to play to save yourself the frustration.

Not saying there aren't things that could and should be changed about the hatch. The way disconnects interact with it should change, and I'd like it if the killer got at the very least partial kill credit for hatch escapes to make it less punishing emblem-wise. 3k + hatch escape should feel like a win for the killer in all circumstances BP and emblem-wise. For me it already does, but a lot of this comes down to the emblem system being a bit silly in certain situations than anything else.

• What kind of dumb thread is this lol. Just a very bad play on OP's part and he blames the game for it.

Why do people care about pips in this game anyway?

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 1,474

Tell us more about two gates in the same corner, pink mories and "fair" solo matchmaking with suicides and dc's every game.

• JustAnotherAnonJustAnotherAnon Member Posts: 60

Seems to me you made several mistakes in this video.

You see the survivor on the other side of the map with BBQ, but instead opt to wait and shut the hatch first. They were far enough from the hatch for you to have chainsawed them before they were able make their way towards it. You attempt to chainsaw bill when you find him at the gate, but then make a mistake and ram into the wall instead.

This seems a lot more like your fault rather than the hatch's fault.

If you really feel the need to get a 4k, you should've just slugged the third survivor.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,569

you calling me survivor biased?🤣in another thread someone was calling me killer biased so guess that proves I play both sides 50/50 if people on both sides are calling me biased.

btw your not entitled to get a 4k every match so get use to a 3k or 2k come bad word when you get a 0k.

to survivors out there your also not entitled to escape every match either

the entitlement and biased in this game need to go away.

Then i guess it is because you say nothing useful but only Label others without any reason in your word most of time.

yea that it🙄saying get rid of the hatch is useful so you can always get your 4k,remember the dev go for normal games which is 2 dead and 2 escape so getting a 3k is a win no matter how you look at it.

yeah if you mean win as a no pip.

then the survivors deserve to waiting 20MINs in high rank because there would be not too much killer in high rank

if were talking about ranking that different ranking and MM is messed up as a whole and I don't know if the dev every get it right.