Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Auto aim sucks

FablPlayzFablPlayz Member Posts: 169
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

I came back after a break and in the first match it showed me a reason to leave again. Somehow the game thinks hitting a rock is more valueable the hitting a surv like #########

Comments

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,103
    edited September 2020

INB4 'Auto-aim doesn't exist!'

Auto-aim, aim dressing; whatever they want to call it, it's never fun to have your control taken away from you and cause you to miss an attack.

• Jed_OlsenJed_Olsen Member Posts: 256

If it don't exist why does your character spin in a circle when trying to hit a dead person on a hook, just as they're being sacrificed. If your looking at the hook you should swing at the hook.

I never bought into the "aim-dressing" excuse because most of the time when this happens your looking directly at a survivor (I.e aiming at them) when you swing and the game makes you clip an object instead

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I'm pretty sure it's because the game registers the hit on the collision and then aim dressing attempts to align your character model with the survivor's. This confidence comes from the fact that the camera doesn't move significantly before your weapon connects.

But in regards to the OP, **** aim-dressing. Along with server validation, I'm missing more hits than ever and all because of the facts that I have low frames when swinging and I like to hold down the s key while lunging.

--

Kind_Lemon 

An advocate of place-able totems, a priming-pallet interaction, and the removal of Exposed from tier 1 Devour Hope.

Also supports changes to how many survivors need to be present to start repairs on a generator.

#revertNurseaddons #reverttieroneDevour #reverttieroneBL #nofreechaseresources #placeabletotems #revertBillysounds #workwiththemusicyouhave