Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

Is NOED toxic?

2»

Comments

• BeardedMenaceBeardedMenace Member Posts: 215

As a person who plays 95% Survivor, no it is not OP. It carries [BAD WORD] killers though. Only time I get mad about NOED is if it happens as exactly as I said. If NOED starts and all Survivors are still alive it's a crappy killer who needs to rely on that one perk. That's what you call pathetic.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,551

no it not I use it because of the gen rushing game get to teh end game fast and survivor don't do totems.

if they did do bones the perk be useless anyways.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,551

DS not anti tunnel perk it punish a kill doing really good.

• SavouryRainSavouryRain Member Posts: 138

Not that I disagree, but I'm going to use this quote for the next umpteenth thread about DS and/or Unbreakable.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 3,701

Perks can’t be toxic. Playstyles and people can.

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 1,318

I had one game a while back as wraith. and I just one hit people to 8 stacks of stbfl. then slugged the one I was chasing and with blood warden when they popped the door, I hooked the slug. Little did they know they couldn’t leave they were teabagging me. and as went to the door. they tried to leave, lol I got a 4K that game and not a word out of them.

edited September 2

Umm having a dull totem up isn’t a activation requirement? And having no totems up so you don’t get to use it and having only 3 perks isn’t a risk?

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 1,871

You should. I give those threads the same response I give these. I don't complain about any Survivor or Killer Perks that are officially in the game. I get hit with DS all the time and never complain. I have no right to do so. The only thing I every bring up is the so-called 5th Perk (Comms) which SWF have. That one irks me a bit, but only because I think they belong in their own Que so the DEV can give them an extra Generator to complete and/or give the Killer another Perk to balance it. :)

• KazimKazim Member Posts: 55

The Noed is very fun to use sometimes but if you need to use all the time is not toxic but you have to practice play without it, already that you can't depend all the time of any perks is 80% your ability and 20% of any perks help

• DwinchesterDwinchester Member Posts: 961

Nope, not toxic. Survivors dont like it because it's a killer second chance perk, but with the disgusting meta they have, they have no room to complain. It's pretty powerful on weaker killers and godlike on deathslinger.

• NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

You don't influence the activation requirement, thanks for the correction. Playing with three perks is not that bad, because NOED can give you insane value against bad teams. That's why killers up to purple use it and red rank killers don't.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 853

No its not toxic. Survivors just....really like to whine about any and every little thing instead of think of ways to counter something its easier to just whine, even when the counter is presented multiple multiple multiple times.

• sad_killer_mainsad_killer_main Member Posts: 517

It isn't toxic.

It's just another perk, which actually is really bad.

The only ones who whine about this perk are gen rushers, that's all.

• Zeon_99Zeon_99 Member Posts: 149

No. I don't really think any perk in the game is toxic by just being used. NOED is just annoying at times, but there's a lot of perks on both sides that are like that. Survivors will complain about crutch perks yet most of the time have DH, DS, and Unbreakable so I wouldn't really let that bother you.

• mydogmax19mydogmax19 Member Posts: 263

Dont use noed.

• BullettimegodBullettimegod Member Posts: 398

Look one game i was chased for all 5 gens, by a green rank ph. I only got downed cause of noed. Do i think noed is busted? No. We should of did bones, instead i was chased and they gen rushed. Did we all get out? Yea.

Just because a killer has noed, doesnt mean its broken or op. Survivor goal is to escape. Killers goal is to kill. If noed helps them with their goal, so be it. It is counterable by either stop fking about in game and leave. Cleanse it. Or do bones. This whole "oh only bad killers need it" is stupid. Same can be said about a lot of survivor perks.

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 948

At the end of the day, who cares if its toxic or not. If it isn't a cheat or an exploit, then anybody else's opinion is their own and you don't have to let it influence you.

Like DS, NOED is a perk designed to be used, some call them crutch perks and perhaps they are, but survivor / Killer rules are not the same as actual rules and the bare bones fact is; You paid for the game, you play how you wish.

There are some good points in this thread, both for and against, but at the end of the day you do you when its within the rules of the actual game, not rules of etiquette that change from one week to the next.

• OniKobayashiOniKobayashi Member Posts: 261

No.

For the last damn time, no.

edited September 3

So how well I play doesn't dictate if they can do them or not. if I slug 2 and they get up and maybe another goes down would not in any way effect how and if they do totems?