Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

People who say Spirit has no counter play be like........

Comments

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 2,287

Instead of your rant, you could actually read what i wrote for you and try to understand it a little bit.

If you think you outplayed her... again... give us a time where this outplay occure. Those window "mindgames" are no outplays by the way, she can still hear it and see your scratchmakes fading. All she has to do is listen.

• azameazame Member Posts: 2,530
    edited September 2

Yes because like a good nurse you arent gonna stay alive very long. A good spirit will pinpoint your location. Just because I ran a bad nurse doesnt mean shes a bad killer. You never outplayed her you guessed right. You think slinger has counterplay?

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,040

I honestly don't care to read anything you write because it's the same garble parroted over and over again.

You don't care to have a discussion you just want to be right, even in the facing of damning evidence to the contrary.

• MargretAtWalmartMargretAtWalmart Member Posts: 162

I see your side and I do think that the spirit does need some sort of change but you pretending that the clip DOeSN'T ProVE AnyTHiNg is kinda bigoted because it DOES prove she is beatable but it doesn't prove shes PerFEcTLy BALanCeD

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 853

I've had some dumb survivors run into me and fall for that trick, usually at a pallet or a window....BUT THIS! THIS IS NEXT LEVEL! How do you fall for that trick mid chase without any pallets or obstacles around, KNOWING FULL WELL THE SPIRITS POWER IS ON COOLDOWN!

edited September 2

I mean, i doubt you believe yourself what you write there but thats fine.

I am the one who wants to be right? Read our discussion again. "I OUTPLAYED HER. End of story." Which is pretty much everything you say over and over again even i dead obvious prove you wrong.

A final step by step food of thougts for you:

• Do you outplay a PERFECT Spirit? No you dont.
    • Why not? Because she is not doing any mistakes.
    • So how do i outplay a Spirit then? She has to do mistakes.

She.has.to.do.mistakes.

edited September 2

"I mean, i doubt you believe yourself what you write there but thats fine."

OMG

Wow.

Just wow.

Bro. It's over. There is proof of people outplaying Spirit.

Also none of what I did in the first video was a guess. I KNEW she was phasing to me. I KNEW what direction she was coming from. I KNEW about how far she was based on the time I heard the phase (base speed is 7m/s so at 24m woosh gives you about 3.5 seconds to react, 3 if she has speed add-ons). I was reading her. Nothing was a guess. Remember I got iri Unbroken and ir Evader. I ran her all game and then managed to avoid her at the gate. Obv poor bill ate the NOED, but had he not been there her chances to catch me were slim since I just dropped what is basically a god pallet on my way to shack pallet while she has 0 phase and the gate was in that direction too. I was 100% escaping that game.

"She.has.to.do.mistakes."

Which. You. Can. Put. Her. In. A. Position. To. Do. Consistently.

Like really how hard is it to admit that something I did lead to her making a mistake. You know that's actually a thing right? To get the other player to mess up.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 853

"Which is why I like Blight"

Literally THE WORST killer to ever hit PTB....thats enough said his bias is ridiculous, no other parts of the video need to be seen because he's being dishonest. Thats like being a killer main and saying you like Up the Ante which is effectively an empty slot.....

There is obviously no proof and there will never be any proof that you can outplay a Spirit. Your video is actually a prime example about those "proofs" that are nothing but a row of mistakes done by the killer. You simple dont understand that you never outplayed her, she was just doing mistakes. We end the discussion here because it is not leading anywhere.

Thanks for your time tho.

"She is doing mistakes" could apply to any situation. It's like saying "the guy playing Ryu only gets hit because he messed up, the Ken did nothing to put him in a position to mess up nor was he in a position to take advantage of him messing up, it was just Ryu messed up and Ken was lucky". This is literally your argument.

What is so hard to accept about someone being able to read the other player and predict them accurately?

What is so hard to accept about doing something to make the other player mess up and then taking advantage?

You're entire argument is an implication I did absolutely nothing in this clips except run forward. So then of [BAD WORD] course you will never admit there is proof of Spirit counter play so that you don't have to be bother to learn to play against her. "Oh yea there's nothing I can do she has all the control in the chase" that's kinda bull [BAD WORD] right there. She has more control than most killers, but she's not in complete control. Not unless you give her that control, which is seems like you do and maybe that's why you have a problem with her.

On your first video you literally ran to her direction and if she hadn't been so far away would of phased on you. Also before I go on I'm gonna say both spirits were clearly not the most experienced. Anyways then you sandbag the bill and have him eat the noed.

Speed add ons dont make her arrive at 3.5 seconds it has to be lower especially considering the amulet makes you 276% movement speed I believe so the numbers are less. You also are guessingnif she is base spirit and then guessing you have about 3 seconds.

You cant really put them in a position to make mistakes when with stridor you can pinpoint locations.

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 1,050

Just because we say that spirit has no counterplay doesn't mean that we're absolute potatoes.

• SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 5,085

I don't understand the video...

Cheryl had to guess whether she was phasing or not and GUESSED incorrectly, in this instance, it isn't counter play.

• voorheesgtvoorheesgt Member Posts: 362

People give examples^^^

-------------------------------------

Response:

Paraphrase "clips are cherry picked, too short, how do I know it's not rigged... Idk those players.

--------------------------------------------

Paraphrase " k so what's admissable?'"

'Only videos of talking... No gameplay! And only 1 person can discuss it. Because his opinions are fact and your clips are not!' And of course no humor!!!!!🤬

-----------_-----_-----------_---__---_----

Me: eating popcorn 😁🕐😆🕜😂🕑🤣🕝🥱😴

• BullettimegodBullettimegod Member Posts: 398

Am i the only one who doesn't see an issue with what the spirit did? Cheryl thought she was phasing. Spirit got into her head and forced a mistake. Killers win mostly cause of survivor mistakes.

• Raz_Raz_ Member Posts: 187

there are still people who think spirit is fine? smh

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 1,644

Okay, if Spirit can be read, then tell us how to read them. I look forward to hearing this game changing information.

• ill_Boston_lliill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 407

the thing is she cant right but there are things you do that it doesn't matter. you mean to tell me if a spirit stands still especially shortly after already coming out of her power running back towards her is a thought??? NO you run to a tile where it is safe pallet vault anything to help you against her.

I ran to the only pallet near me and I broke from the door when I knew she wasn't that close to me. Look where she comes out of phase she was right behind me meaning I knew exactly where she was because that's where I expected her to show up. Bill was unlucky, I didn't know he was there, but again that was a GOD PALLET because it was one of those rare ones that spawn in a corner and there is only 1 way around it. If Bill wasn't there, I simply pre-drop that, she comes out of phase on the other side, is forced to break it and chase at 110 for 15 seconds, and I had shack pallet and the door was just past it and the docks. I was escaping 100% even if Bill was not there.

Also yes, you can make a Stridor Spirit mess up didn't we run your Spirit player in the tournament and she has Stridor? None of us had Iron Will that should have been easy for her to catch us then, but she got like 2 hooks IIRC. She never even found me because I just played safe and hid from her (ez as Blendette but still).

Again being dismissive because "Spirit bad" or...or...OR... maybe the Spirit wasn't bad and I just outplayed her. It's insane how much you guys avoid admitting the truth that she has counterplay and will find any excuse to dismiss any sort of evidence showing that. It's always "Spirit bad" or "Spirit messed up" or "you got lucky" or some other kind of BS. Yep definitely one of those and NOT the Spirit just getting outplayed, plain and simple.

There is no guess.

His power is barely 2/3 recovered. If she was paying attention to her phase she would know this and know she is faking it. Besides the fact that she ran DIRECTLY TO HER. You don't need to guess in this situation. All you need is to pay attention to the game and use some logic. She had 2 story next to her, that building is strong against Spirit, and she could have easily made it to at least the pallet at the front door (IDK if it was still up but still).

Running headfirst back into the killer is the purest example of a player that just has no [BAD WORD] clue how to play against Spirit, which is like 95% of the survivor population, INCLUDING many streamers and forumers. Spirit literally turns survivors into potatoes.

No, that was guessing, you have no idea if she has recovery addons on or not, expecting survivors to know the exact times on an ability recovery and speed with 0 indication on what the killer is running is ridiculous.

Kind of like killers who constantly complain about not knowing how long DS has left survivors are apparently supposed to know how long an ability has left to recover when it has things that can affect it's recovery speed.

100% guessing and you know it, also "just run to the house" like yea because the spirit wouldn't have caught up with her by then without her power.

edited September 2

Recovery add-ons don't give her power back that fast. It would still be on cooldown. And no it's not hard, I reliably predict when a Spirit is phasing or not because I know she doesn't have her power. If I'm not sure, I just assume she is phasing and play to that. But I definitely don't run back to the husk, that's like the dumbest thing you can do here. Literally the dumbest move. In no world is this a smart decision.

If you are guessing against Spirit you already lost. There is only so many things she can do to catch you in this situation. In this video, the ONLY option the Spirit would have to catch her is to just follow her in phase. All she had to do was act like she was phasing behind her and run to 2 story on her right and her chances of surviving just went up dramatically. If she was faking (which she was) then that just buys you more time to make it there.

And you can easily track DS. I do it regularly, it's not hard. Please don't assume that because you can't count to 60 in your head that means someone else can't.

• TreSenTreSen Member Posts: 147

That ain't it, chief

edited September 2

"I reliably predict" So you guess when her ability is back, but don't ever actually know whether it is or not.

"If you are guessing against spirit you already lost" When you're at a pallet on a loop you're guessing immediately as to whether she is standing still or not, please tell me the appropriate counter to this, i'd love to hear your big brain theory

"And you can easily track DS. I do it regularly, it's not hard. Please don't assume that because you can't count to 60 in your head that means someone else can't" What? I think DS is perfectly fine, I have no issues going against it as killer, maybe re-read what I put "Kind of like killers who constantly complain about" didn't once mention myself.

Also, did you watch the video? Her power was almost recovered, if she had recovery addons she would have had it back by then, pure guess work.

Keep up the guess work :)

You ran to the pallet where she would show up even though you claim you "read" her and knew where she would be. Running left would of had you avoid the encounter overall. Yes you were gonna escape 100% she was not a good spirit you can. Ot deny that.

You can make a bad stridor spirit mess up but any good one will pinpoint your location. Our spirit player I did jb t watch the game all I know was he lost you never was in a chase you hid the whole game from his words and apparently yours now. You have no say in that. He picked up spirit 2 weeks ago if you would verse my feiendnwho has played spirit since release it would be a different story.

You can bot outplay a spirit your input does not matter if you so somehow "outplay" her it's her fault. You have no info nor what you do will change what the spirit does. They can watch you then phase. Yeah it's usually a bad spirit if you can "outplay" them. You arent a very good survivor either based on your movement and how you play the game well atleast what I watched you will get destroyed by a good spirit.

@HuntressGurl103 you say we bring invalid arguments in yet you are saying because someone makes a video its fact. I could say that Tru3Ta1ent is right because he plays a lot of this game on both sides and he believes spirit has counter play lol. I would never use someone elses views as my own i am not a sheep I play and gather my own info and decide from there. ANY good killer is killing you regardless of who it is spirit nurse billy ETC...... Its funny because if you face an insanely good nurse your cucked regardless of counter play yet no one cries about her it makes 0 sense

• BullettimegodBullettimegod Member Posts: 398

Well. Nurse skill cap stops people from complaining. But, they did nerf nurse. Badly.

edited September 2

""I reliably predict" So you guess when her ability is back, but don't ever actually know whether it is or not."

No. A guess is doing something without any information and hoping it works. A prediction is based on information.

When I see someone get hooked across the map, and then she pops up from phase near me that means she has 0 power. At best, she gets it back in 12 seconds if she has stacked cooldown. Most likely its 15 seconds. Either way, I have 10 seconds to loop or run to a safe tile. If it's something like a long wall jungle gym I can use the window to avoid her phasing. There is no guesswork here, I KNOW what she can and cannot do.

"When you're at a pallet on a loop you're guessing immediately as to whether she is standing still or not, please tell me the appropriate counter to this"

Easy, pretend like she is doing both and play to that. You will see opportunities to escape that would beat both tactics at the same time, making her actions moot and removing any guesswork on your end. Generally speaking, the safest absolute option is windows. LT tiles are actually really great against her if you know how to run them in unusual patterns to bait her to go around or wait for a vault.

If you don't have a problem with DS then why even bring it up? You are literally comparing counting to 60 in your head with counting to 12 in your head. Same [BAD WORD] thing. Like really what is your point here? I never complained about DS, you brought it up as a comparison, then backpedal to say "oh I don't have a problem with it I'm comparing you to these people even though you don't even share the same opinions". Really what is your point here except to try and put yourself above someone else like some kind of snarky elitist?

PS. "Guessing" against a Spirit is no more guesswork than countering a Clown moonwalk at a tile. You don't see the red stain on either side, mostly likely that means they are moonwalking, well which side can the get you with a moonwalk you run to the other side. Works 98% of the time. That's basically how you play against Spirit. You track what she is doing, you understand what she CAN and CANNOT do in any given situation, you run to safe windows, YOU DO NOT DO STUPID [BAD WORD] like in the OP's video, and you will run most Spirit's very easily on most tiles. And like I said before no one plays perfect, so yea I mess up and get caught but it's usually something I should have know or because I tried to do something cheeky like the OP's video (not that stupid but still). Or I just got outplayed, or it was just inevitable I was going down. It happens against every killer, why Spirit is a problem though is beyond me.

Even with that nerf you are NOT escaping a good nurse. I was referring to the nerfed version. Im just saying no one bats an eye to her and she is gross lol