Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

"Lot to learn"

Hex_StalkHex_Stalk Member Posts: 488
edited September 2 in General Discussions

(This is a half rant and half "Fix the damn matchmaking" post.)

I play like a rank 10 but somehow got up to rank 1 (Must be the busted matchmaking. No, 100% the busted matchmaking) So last 2 matches I got put up against actual red ranks. first one was fine, 2k with almost a third, they made plenty of mistakes (probably a little boosted as well, hard to tell). But I nearly had an aneurysm from all the bull [BAD WORD] in the second game.

Loop this, loop that, loop something I didn't even know was [BAD WORD] loopable, make zero mistakes, rub it in that the survivors are better (No [BAD WORD] Sherlock) then proceed to call me toxic for dc'ing. Like how entitled are you to bully a killer that is the wrong rank, then when said killer has had enough you call THEM toxic.

And to top it off after me messaging back about the game boosting me with it's garbage matchmaking, you tell me "You have a lot to learn." Nooooo, I had no idea. Pfft, tell me I have a lot to learn, that match was literally like putting a high school basketball player against a team of the best nba players in history, you have no room to tell me that I have a lot to learn when I had no room TO LEARN.

Comments

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 1,839

It's a game against other players fam, and with window blockers, no double pallets etc it has gotten easier for the killer than it used to be. Just roll with the punches. It'll come.

• Hex_StalkHex_Stalk Member Posts: 488

I'm not saying to make the game easier, I'm saying to fix matchmaking and ranking so I actually play against the people I'M SUPPOSED TO. "Roll with the punches" yeah, I'm currently the punching bag. Lastly "No double pallets" Did you ask the graphicly updated Badham about the double pallets? It might be getting changed but it doesn't change the fact that the devs thought about it.

• EntitledMyersMainEntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 833
    edited September 2

You are incorrect. That match was like pitting the local church's VBS youth basketball team against The entire National Basketball Association hall of fame.

No offense.

• Hex_StalkHex_Stalk Member Posts: 488
  • PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 849

All you can do is roll with those matchups tbh till BHVR does something with the match making. Look at it this way, at least now you know what to expect from red rank survivors for next time.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,050
    edited September 2

Its why they are working on a new system as rank 1 is literally achievable with how much you play in a month.

You're only saving grace is there are also a lot of survivors in the same boat.

How long before this is ready we do not know but we can hope for it soon.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 619

Hey its a bad match up it happens to everyone. Sometimes you get a string of them. DC don't DC doesn't matter, you chose to opt out and by the reaction from the survivors you made the right choice, why play with negative people.

That said though you are gonna get a lot of these games till mmr gets fixed (and possibly even after its "fixed") So the role with the punches advice isn't bad, take it less seriously and it'l be fun no matter what happens.

• DwinchesterDwinchester Member Posts: 961

See, I had the opposite of your experience. I was the rank 8-13 that drew rank 1 swf teams with 10k combined hours in every freaking match.

Both ways suck. Matchmaking is a huge problem in this game.

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,432

Dbd can be hard, but if you have found a killer you like, it is worth all the hassle.

The mm is maybe bad, but that was it always. I would not set any hope in it, that it will one day be better. On the flipside - you will be better over time, usually.