Home Discussions General Discussions

Why can’t more survivors be like this?

2»

Comments

• ShrimpTwiggsShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,126

I'm going to strongly disagree on that one. I've had games as survivor where the killer tunneled me to death and smacked me on the hook for no reason. On the flip side, I've had games as killer where survivors put in Ormond offerings and teabag and flashlight click every chance they get when I neither camped nor tunneled. Can we stop with this us-vs-them stuff? Both sides are guilty of being toxic to each other.

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,435
    edited September 2020

In general, after my experience, are the most people friendly if you are by yourself behave friendly.

That means, no bs in the endgame chat, no facecamping or hardcore tunneling (I say hardcore tunneling because the word tunneling is already in use for almost everything in those forums).

Of course there will be still toxic survivors, but those are either getting facecamped in the game, or talked down by other survivors in the endgame chat. The last one I had several times in my endgame chats.

• A_Skinny_LegendA_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 165

There will always be conflict in any type of competition. Some people respect their opponents win or lose others do not.

Given that we are anonymous, people have less incentive to be respectful.

• MonsterInMyMindMonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 1,727

Oh i 100% agree but there are people who actually care about that stuff lmao.

• sad_killer_mainsad_killer_main Member Posts: 517

The title of this video answers that question.

• VenzhasVenzhas Member Posts: 372

Im solo survivors, i see 100% more trash killers than toxic survivors for sure

• Komodo16Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,468

Well if you're only toxic to the people who do it then its not a vicious cycle its when you start to everyone because of an experience

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 424

Because when someone loses, it's perceived by that individual that they would be weak to admit the opponent outplayed them in that round.

Rather than look at their own game, they would rather complain about others. The anonymity also doesn't help.

Those individuals need to stop making excuses and start focusing on what they can do to play better. I've complimented Killers who were exceptional, and even have asked for tips once or twice and got some useful advice!

People can play competitively within the game, but once the trial's over remember the other person/ people were just playing a game and are human with their own problems and lives to deal with.

Just be conscientious of others.

• maderrmaderr Member Posts: 248

Tea-bagging and flashlight don't help to win a game and it's not taking in hostage the game. Some still do gens and one is in chase with you, T-bagging you, whatever, his choice, he doesn't run faster with this.

You can also use Franklin perk.

A killer camping and tunneling is taking in hostage the game, period. When he gets the 1st kill, if there are 2+ gens left then the game is over.

This is ruining the game. And atm, almost every killer i play against use this dirty play.

edited September 2020

Spamming bottles at every loops/windows, hitting surv wihtout any aim requirement.

This video shows it all, it's totally unskilled and ez mode. Spam something to prevent survivors running, ez win.

Can't say i made a good shot or i won the mindgame no, it's just spam spam hit spam spam hit cause the power just removes the survivor ability to run.

Lol where is the skill in this video ? Where is the mindgame ? Ye nowhere...

Offerings definitely help though. And tunneling isn't taking the game hostage at all. The game can still continue.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,586

because people think this esports game which it never be like people playing smash.

• I had my first Hillbilly game a while ago. It was terrible, since I've got to do it on the red ranks. All of the 4 survivors escaped but at the end a Zarina told me that I did good for my first match with that killer. At first, I thought it was irony but then when I realized that she was real I got really happy to see that there are some nice people on this community that respect their opponents and try to be nice now and then.

Spamming bottles at every loops/windows, hitting surv wihtout any aim requirement.

This video shows it all, it's totally unskilled and ez mode. Spam something to prevent survivors running, ez win.

Can't say i made a good shot or i won the mindgame no, it's just spam spam hit spam spam hit cause the power just removes the survivor ability to run.

The game can continue, but taking a game in hostage it's not about blocking it.

Firstly, camping and tunneling is taking a survivor in hostage, he can't play objectives or anything as you are still on his back, so you ruin the game for him.

Secondly, when you are done camping/tunneling and then killing this guy, sure the game can continue but if you have an efficient killer, there will still be 2 or 3 gens left with 3 survivors. They won't be able to finish it.

Tunneling and camping till killing is a dirty strategy that works too well. As i have said, if you use a tier S killer and use this strategy, it's a 3K 95% of the time, unless you are a really bad killer.

It's an EZ win, no mindgame or skill involved, just using a cheap mechanic to win. It's like using a wallhack on Valorant.

But hey, not to be rude, but you are defending a strategy for low skilled killers, so i don't expect anything good from you.

Whatever, good killers in this game are really rare. Players that can 3k+ playing properly, without tunneling or camping are few, less than 5% of killers i encounter in red ranks.

All other killers are trash, can't even use their brain at a pallet loop, so they use cheap mechanics to win their games and they think they are good lol...

The main problem in this game is not really the balance, it's the community. Everytime it's possible to use a perk/add-ons that will give a too big advantage for one killer, most of players use it.

Exactly the same than IRL, Masks are compulsory but i still see dumb ppl wearing it under their nose. IQ lower than 80, might be the average IQ on DbD aswell.

• BumbusBumbus Member Posts: 200

The main problem in this game are people who create a set of rules in their twisted mind and treat other people as trash if they don't follow it.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,233

The real question is why can't both sides be like that. Most killers will cry about survivors being OP if they left the game with 2 kills even though that should be the ideal outcome

Taking the game hostage IS about blocking it. It's literally if the game is in a position where it cannot continue unless one side allows it to. Like if the killer body blocks two survivors in the basement and goes AFK. Tunneling is not taking anyone hostage. Does it suck to be tunneled? Yes, but it isn't bannable. It's the killers job to keep survivors off their objective. So if he is keeping you from doing the objective, he's doing what he is supposed to.

If there are two gens left and three survivors, they definitely are able to finish it. Having two gens left and three survivors is pretty standard. And if the killer is able to kill someone so early without a mori and there are four of five gens left, the killer kinda deserves the win. The only way a killer can tunnel someone that fast is if the other survivors essentially farm someone in front of the killer or saving someone and stealthing away, not taking the aggro. If the killer is camping, the best thing to do is to just rush gens, not farm the other survivor. Not to say there aren't broken things Killers can run. Iri Head, Infantry Belt Huntress is one.

And a lot of the things you say here can be flipped around for survivors. I see survivors using broken crap all the time. DS, Unbreakable with an Ormond offering. Running Haddonfield with Balanced Landing. Any farm map offering with a key. I can just as easily say, "Most survivors are trash. They just use cheap perk combos and bad map design to win. Less then 5% of them are good at the game." Without providing any real evidence to support it.

How about instead of putting all the blame on one side, we balance things for both?