Home Discussions General Discussions
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

I went back to Xbox to play a match and...my god, how do you guys do it?

2»

Comments

• JimPickens666JimPickens666 Member Posts: 182

I am 13 and this is very deep

• NaltedPogNaltedPog Member Posts: 3

Is it just me, or are skill checks a lot laggier on xbox? It feels like there's a one second delay when I hit a skill check. I tried to go back to xbox this past weekend and quit mid-game. Just an overall terrible experience.

• azameazame Member Posts: 2,330
    edited September 5

Part wise the series x is stronger than the ps4 and not mention all the exclusives it's getting. In other words stop trying to start console wars, who cares what console you like tis preference.

• bigfootismydadbigfootismydad Member Posts: 40

I play on both PC and Xbox one X and have never had any problems with console play. Curious. Admittedly my work schedule has kept me from playing much lately. Is the console problem on every map or only on specific one? The little I have been able play has seemed fine so far.

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 3,439

Oh I wasn't jail bird ^^ I would of made paragraph after paragraph by now if I had intended too :)

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 1,597

@azame @Mushwin it breaks my heart to see two claudettes fighting. The bush is big enough for both of you <3

• branchini1979branchini1979 Member Posts: 284

I have recently transitioned to PC from Xbox and yes so happy with the smoother nicer looking gameplay but..........

I have all killers/survivors on Xbox and all survivors lvl 50.

I just don't have the patience and spare 1000 hours to unlock on PC

C'mon cross progression, hurry up!!

• KatzengottKatzengott Member Posts: 228

M&K Support won't make FPS better, neither increasing the sensitivity did.

Which makes sense. You will notice bad FPS way more with higher sensitivity, esp. in first-person.

• A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 781

I'm not prestiging any of my characters (apart from Blight) since I have every character prestiged across both Xbox and PS4. Cross progression can't come soon enough. There's outfits I own exclusively on both of those platforms as well. My wardrobe will be huge when I can own them all on one platform.

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 565

I too play on an Xbox1x and my experience has been steadily declining over the last year, and made much worse with the last two patches (chainsaw bros reworks and the one after).

Always present are the frame drops from any status effect triggering, like bloodlust, exposed, sloppy, etc. A gen popping near, close unhooks, and searching chests are problematic and possibly deadly if you're on a hook in struggle. Many others have posted on various threads here about their console experiences lately check them out.

As far as maps go, the indoor ones are the biggest offenders. These maps are frame drop havens, made worse by fog offerings, and Lery's is most conspicuous. Dr blasts here for instance will likely freeze the game for a few seconds, as will Hag trap teleporting. Surviving is not easy on any of them, but killing is almost impossible.

• TheMikeOTRTheMikeOTR Member Posts: 40

I don't see much of a difference. I play on PC, PS4 an Switch. Between PS4 and PC the game works well on both ends. Now on Switch, that's a different story. I cannot play killer at all

• DaFireSquirtleDaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 103

This is so true. I've been playing console since it came out on console and the optimisation has just never happened and never will. But don't worry they'll still gladly take your money in dlc and skins, rift passes. They don't care about us console players enough. Now there just skipping to next gen which is bs. I'm not buying a whole new console just to have the optimisation they have kept on promising us. Other games can do it so there is no excuse for the devs.

• JLewJLew Member Posts: 135

Ya thanks for validating what every console player says...console players play the way they do because they had to adapt the playstyle to how hard it is to play with console frames and graphics and a controller on top of that. So before any pc player wants to complain about console players being scrubs...you must first grind to red ranks (both on survivor and killer) on console....after that you can.

• OBXOBX Member Posts: 493

Here’s something a lot of folks are taking for granted with the new Xbox and PlayStation consoles: who actually thinks bhvr can optimize those? There some pc gamers who have posted about dbd not running smoothly on pc. I have absolutely no confidence in bhvr to do anything with the potato coders they have working there.

dont fall into the “sunk cost fallacy” and buy a new console because you have thousands of hours on legacy platforms.

True the devs have failed to do so up to now so honestly I can see the next gen versions of the game flopping badly if they don't have anything better about them. Maybe a loss of money is what it'll take to get them to invest in good coders and balance designers.

• A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 781
    edited September 5

Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the feeling they are riding on the next gen consoles being powerful enough to carry the console version of the game from performing poorly to performing...at the very bare minimum that it should perform (e.g at least 50fps). It wouldn't surprise me if the next gen version just flops as well, but at the same time I do have a little bit of faith that it will run as it should.

The issue is that it's been TWO YEARS since they acknowledged the poor performance on consoles, and when you look at other games, they run just fine. Why is a game from 2016 acting like it's a next gen title trying to run on a PS3? My only explanation is poor coding and it's too difficult and time consuming for them to properly fix, hence the abundance of bugs and glitches in the game that make a monthly cycle, since old ones get squashed and new ones appear.

After a while it really does come across that they don't care about console. Two years since they acknowledged it, and it's currently worse than it was then, honey...I can't. Feels like a kick to the gut, and I ain't even on console anymore.

• azameazame Member Posts: 2,330

As long as it ain't the real thing does it really matter?

• mydogmax19mydogmax19 Member Posts: 245

I manage just fine as a console player. No fuss here.

I wish I could just learn to play pc and transfer my save data over to pc. I would If i could. But at the same time I shouldn't have to. I love playing on console and if they put the time and a drop of the abundance of money into making console optimisation somewhat on their radar then I'd have some more faith but no that probably won't happen. And I know they have different teams for different things but just look at the abundance of skins they release. You can tell this is where a lot of the effort is going but even so they still fail to make legendary skins actually legendary. All they need are different voice actors that isn't some mind blowing request coming from the community That's just what is and should be expected. As long as the game makes them money then the quality ain't gonna get better just look at how long it took for them to actually fix god loops and map sizes. I'm seriously losing more and more faith in this game. It's great they keep giving us dlc but I would rather they fix the game first.

• SaltySpitoonSaltySpitoon Member Posts: 1

I have a 144 hz monitor, it’s not 60 FPS but it def does help 👍 I’m currently one of the real good red ranks and I can keep up with PC red ranks ;)

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 976

Because I don't know what I'm missing? I have never played any PC-game and been around since I played Spectrum games in 1984, then got NES 1987 etc. To me there is no problem with DBD consoles it's amazing compared to many old games like Goldeneye on N64 I mean I played that a week ago the framerate..that right there is something to complain about.

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 565

Prolly still played better than my old Colecovision did