Home Discussions General Discussions

The 2nd game in BOTB tourney shows how unbalanced DBD is at top-level play

124»

Comments

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 1,640

I think it shows (though I haven't seen the game myself) that both sides have issues. Killers shouldn't need to camp and tunnel, and camping and tunneling shouldn't be so powerful that high level players can barely counter it. I think Killers need a new tool in their kit as base, some early game pressure, and then survivors in turn need something to make camping/tunneling a little less powerful. Then give a few tweaks to some of the weaker killers too. Bring them more in line with the stronger killers like they did with Doctor. Pig, Wraith, Trapper, Myers, Demo, Clown, and a few others could use some slight buffs.

• HollowsGriefHollowsGrief Member Posts: 720

Do you have selective reading or something? The guy was playing the absolute strongest Killer in the game by a long shot and was a top tier player with her as well AND he had a 3 gen and still could barely get a 2k only when tunneling and camping. He's saying at high lvl play the game is way to survivor sided, because it is and that match in the tournament is proof of it. You realize that Nurse makes pallets completely useless right? Those survivors were playing without their primary defense and still did that well, that is the problem right there. The problem is that the killer is NOT the power role, no matter how good he is no matter what killer he plays the killer will always lose if the survivors play at the highest level.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 448

2 escape, 2 kill never made much sense anyway. I mean for one, this result implies that all 5 generators and exit gates are powered every match, otherwise, how else would two survivors escape without a key. by this standard, it means survivor always wins and the killer is just a pawn for survivors amusement, a dark road to not talk about.

survivor's emblem system is individual performances based so as long you hit all the checks, you can never "lose" if your good but escaping as whole is team effort and that isn't really reflected in pips for survivor. My guess is so that survivors are not punished for getting a bad team in solo queue and it makes so that if you die early as survivor, you get instantly the result so you can move on to your next match. The side effect is that after like 2nd week, everyone who plays survivor regularly and wins more than they lose will be rank 1 because you ** can't ** depip(lose) because emblem system does not properly reflect winning/losing from team perceptive of the game.

When comes to killer side, it does properly reflex individual performance, but it punishes hook suicides/mori/dc on 3rd emblem for killer because you can't hook someone 3 times if they die instantly and it does not consider instant downs as separate hits towards chaser emblem(4th emblem for killer) and again, because you can draw from 2 kills/2 escapes, even if you face good survivor teams, you'll never derank even when you technically lost.

The tournament has its own funny scoring, so its fascinating that nobody can really decide a win condition. I wonder if they'll ever fix emblem system reflect winning and losing or perhaps its better that no such competition exists.

• SkelemaniaSkelemania Member Posts: 227
    edited September 7

It also cracks me up to see people talking about the $15k like it's life-changing money. A prize pool that gets taxed & then split 4-5 ways. Yeah, HUGE numbers! You could maybe get a used car or update your P.C. (if you win).

Ignore all the hours that go into getting tournament ready by the way. That's free labor.

• konchokkonchok Member Posts: 501

Dead by daylight requires snow-balling by the killer to win at high ranks. Why is it fair to give examples of survivor games where the killer failed to create a snowball and just say "Oh they were bad" but in games where they were able to prevent a snow-ball. "survivors are overpowered". To me the tournament showed that survivors and killers are so closely matched that at the highest levels survivors and killers can win.

• konchokkonchok Member Posts: 501

First, I would disagree that Nurse is the strongest killer in the game. I feel that she lacks map mobility, she has some really powerful counter play, like jumping in a locker to avoid getting hit and then using the stun animation to gain distance. She's especially hurt by dead hard. And she is can often be countered by holding w.

I feel that this tournament has shown conclusively that in a competitive setting that Spirit is a much more consistent killer than Nurse. Now this isn't to say that Nurse is a bad killer, but she's at a similar tier to Pyramid Head and for the same reasons. Easily counters loops, strong in the 1v1. However, Spirit is just better at switching targets on a dime and has many ways that she can confuse even the best players in the world.

• mostlyghostlymostlyghostly Member Posts: 135

I'm not saying the result of this match was unfair. I'm saying what the killer had to do to get to this makes it unfair (nurse, camping/tunneling, getting a 3gen luckily, 3 gen slowdown perks)

• FellowKillerMainFellowKillerMain Member Posts: 285

But for seriously, where do you get the numbers that top tier play only happens in 1% of games? Do you even know how many games occur in 24 hrs? How many of those are top tiered? The point is that these examples indicate imbalances, and the game should be balanced. It's very clear that survivors have a buffer, and that those buffers can be exploited when the survivors start losing. You're arguing for those buffers to remain in place because they serve a purpose, considering that top tier play is limited. But that does not remove the fact that if someone knows how to exploit those buffers, they have the upper hand. By saying that this is ok, then for you to be rational, you would have to say it's ok for any side to have buffers. So why not give killer's buffers too? See how quickly this stops making sense?

• cloudfacecloudface Member Posts: 90

😮 how does someone misspell balanced as "ballenced"? I just tried to misspell it a dozen times and couldn't.

"That is how in my opipion balancing should be done balance the top"..😮😯

Your "opipion"? Sweet baby Jesus do all Geordies have to fit the Geordie stereotype?

I can't keep on track with this argument with all these well written statements to work through 😧...I'm pretty stupid so I have to read things out loud and I'm making no sense when I hear myself 😢

• GeordieKillerGeordieKiller Member Posts: 299
    edited September 7

So instead of adding your own constructive feedback you insult people grammer and spelling. Very helpful and what a great way to progress this discussion :/

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,228

Nah I read the whole thing but that's irrelevant. Honestly does not matter.

If good players are playing against good survivors, 2k / 2 escape should be the outcome. Top tier killer vs top tier survivors: 2k / 2 escape should be the outcome.

Sounds to me like you're saying if an amazing player plays the nurse, they should crush the survivors every time and I wholeheartedly disagree with that.

• ReaperTechReaperTech Member Posts: 44

Honestly think they need to balance this game severely. People ofc say that this game isn’t competitive or that we shouldn’t focus on top level play which we should mind you because those people are the ones who keep playing the game and bring in others. Also DBD is a competitive game and that’s how it’s designed. Any game can be competitive mind you. It’s just a matter of how many people are willing to play it on a competitive level and people like the competitiveness of DBD but for love of god stop saying this game is balanced or that so and so is fine because it’s not. A lot of stuff in Dbd is just poorly designed and sadly the incompetence from the devs means we won’t get good changes. Sorry people who actually care but the devs won’t fix the game but I am hoping some of you stand up to the devs because you can like DBD but let’s be honest this game is a mess sometimes.

• PogiforcePogiforce Member Posts: 6

I feel like there is a lot of focus in this example on the killer. That they were playing Nurse, that they had a 3-gen, they were camping/tunneling, but only got 2 kills. The killer doesn't play in a vacuum my friend, what were the survivors doing? Did they have great team play? were they coordinated? Did they avoid unnecessarily risky plays? Did they bring the best perks? I did not watch the match but it would seem that if this top tier nurse secured 2 kills while the other two survivors escaped, then this survivor team was probably very much top tier as well and brought their A game. 2kill/2escape is effectively playing to a draw, which when you consider the best of the best killer side and the best of the best survivor side, looks like the definition of balance to me.

• ShenaniganShenanigan Member Posts: 145

There's tournaments for DBD?

I'm very out of the loop.

Well no I'm not out of the loop, more less surprised because I never really knew how dbd would work in a tournament setting