Home Discussions General Discussions

Old things that were removed but should be brought back

oh_0koh_0k Member Posts: 610

Im curious what would people want brought back into this game that had been removed at some point

For me it's old Freddy's power in a new killer and the old Borrowed time affect that made your screen black and white

Comments

• APoipleTurtleAPoipleTurtle Member Posts: 850

I always felt like it would be fun if we could have the choice to use old variations of certain killers/perks/maps which were reworked in the Custom Games mode. I have no real desire to play Old Freddy in public matches again nor should 5-Blink Nurse make a dramatic return, but both would be pretty fun to use in private matches with friends.

Kind of hopeful that we'll get more adjustable game settings in Custom Games anyway. Would allow the community to finally design some of the alternate game modes they've been hankering for.

• NightmareRebornNightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

Old Legion

Jokes aside, I miss the BT vision effect as well. The main thing I want back, however, is prework billy. Not for his addons, but just to get rid of the stupid overheat mechanic.

• MonsterInMyMindMonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 1,694

Yeah the old BT effect was amazing i would love to see it come back honestly.

• IIITweedleIIIIIITweedleIII Member Posts: 794

I miss the legs kicking in view of the killer when carrying a survivor. Although it be ni e to have it upgraded.

That and I miss the brightly lit moons.

• jdcabraljdcabral Member Posts: 1,300

I miss Old Freddy's unique power, he was one of my favorite killers. Of course he needed some serious buffs and QoL changes at the time, but the rework was unnecessary. Now he's just an uncreative son of Doctor and Clown on steroids that I feel I've wasted my money on.

• whammigobambamwhammigobambam Member Posts: 673
    edited September 7

If both hooked survivor and rescuing survivor are running borrowed time then it should protect both from downs directly after a hook save. Shave off half the protection time to compensate the difference and make ds a one time use in a match. If there are multiple ds users increase the timer 60/70/80 seconds. touch a gen or hook, no ds.

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 3,681
    edited September 7

I've been only playing since last April but It would be cool to see pink perks they looked so nice from the youtube videos I've seen

• AthaemeAthaeme Member Posts: 19

Ultra-rare perks and common perks

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 5,295

Old DS ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No but seriously, old BT vision, and common/ultra rare perks.

• SCP_FOR_DBDSCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

I totally forgot about common and ultra rare perks, why did they get rid of those?

• XyvieliaXyvielia Member Posts: 1,055

I still get to have insta downs...

but I’d like to have insta heals back, they were pretty fun to use.

• Rex_HuinRex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Hex Ruin

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 5,295

It was because of a bug that would cause all of the common perks to appear before a single uncommon could, then all uncommons, etc, etc. That, as well as the devs deciding to neuter the in-game grind (buffing bloodpoint gains, adding in extra bloodpoint perks, completely chainging the bloodweb, etc) meant that they went.

• SCP_FOR_DBDSCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

Thats right! Wasn't that supposed to be a temporary change? I remember getting all the way down to rank 12 with all tier 1s after prestiging lol.

• XzanXzan Member Posts: 569

Floating pallets.

Was fun to see them fly away after you kicked them.

• LapisInfernalisLapisInfernalis Member Posts: 1,030
    • Old BT effect. I liked it way more than the new Deep Wounds Effect.
    • Old Freddy's Aura reading and Ninja Build
    • Ultra Rare offering for Survivor. There hasn't been one since they retired the Moon Bouquets
    • Old perk rarities.
  • StardustSpeedwayStardustSpeedway Member Posts: 585
    edited September 7

Bring back the old atmosphere! Have you guys seen footage of how this game used to look? Old maps had so much atmosphere in them and looked better than what we have now. From the fog and the graphics.

Thankfully these new updated maps look like great things to come!

• SlickstylesSlickstyles Member Posts: 251

Old Balanced Landing effect.

• Demogordon_RamsayDemogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,305

Pig's existence.

• Human_GiraffeHuman_Giraffe Member Posts: 123

Omg yeah one of the reasons I started maining wraith besides his invisibility was his super long lunge, now I miss more hits than I land because I'm always too far from the survivor.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Less that they removed it, but replaced the effect when Legion came out, as it was no longer called the BT timer, but the Deep Wound timer.

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 1,781

Have you ever overheated in an actual match? I've played him a handful of times since the changes went live and I've never been close to overheating the chainsaw, even when I feel like I'm using it heavily. It feels like this would just stop you from face camping while revving your chainsaw and that's about it.

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 20

As stupid as this might sound, I heard that Myers initially had a sound cue for when he was nearly about to tier up (It was the 'Michael Kills Judith' stinger from the film)

I'd love to hear that in the game tbh