Home Discussions General Discussions

How do you counter Object of Obsession?

I just got out of a game with three Objects and it was beyond painful. They knew where I was at all times and knew when to push gens and when to run. They all ran ds as well as sprint burst so that was fun.

As a killer , how do you counter stuff like this?

Comments

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 599

Happen to be running a perk or add-on that inflicts blindness or tunnel the OoO to death.

• MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 1,563
    edited September 7

Oddly enough (though this might only apply to < 8 ranks) if you ignore them stoically, they'll start slipping up. it might be that in an sfw this keeps them busy with warning their teammates, keeping everyone from doing stuff

• TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 1,964

The Third Seal and/or Blindness add ons.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,538

you had 3 of them so saying tunnel the OoO to death wont work they need to nerf/rework this perk already.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,228

The rarity of more than 1 person running the perk is extreme, but the usual counter is just to go after them if they're on an objective. If you see them wandering, you can ignore them and just keep track of what area they're in

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 3,365

You don't. It's the strongest info perk in the game with a very controllable (and by extension pretty worthless) downside to try and make up for it. It's even good against stealth killers. It's just not something you can play around. I've seen people claim that, as Trapper or Hag, you can place "bait traps," but... You're still wasting your own time on something that's actually designed to not benefit you. That's like saying "slug out the DS" or "just do bones."

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 1,601

You don't. Seriously, if the users are smart, you can't counter it. They'll run the moment you're closing in, and they'll fix gen when you're away. Either way you're in lose-lose situation.

It's like fixing gens in front of your face, and you can't really do anything about it. That's why OoO really needs to go.

(Unless you're god nurse or spirit or stealth killers, you can't counter them)

• HollowsGriefHollowsGrief Member Posts: 720

By tunneling them out of the game.

• Demogordon_RamsayDemogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,304

Leaving.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,538

this why some killers dc sometimes.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 1,079

Chase them. There's no greater downside to being able to see each other.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 1,205

How do u tunneling 3 survivors at once?

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,320
    edited September 8

you could run dark devotion against only one OoO,

but other people's suggestions are more applicable

--

Kind_Lemon 

An advocate of place-able totems, a priming-pallet interaction, and the removal of Exposed from tier 1 Devour Hope.

Also supports changes to how many survivors need to be present to start repairs on a generator.

#revertNurseaddons #reverttieroneDevour #reverttieroneBL #nofreechaseresources #placeabletotems #revertBillysounds #workwiththemusicyouhave

• batax90batax90 Member Posts: 859

You dont you accept the lost and move one for me i like going in a corner and stand still until the game is over i accept my depip. The survivor dont like it because they depip as well but that not the killer issue

• hillbillyclaudmain69hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,425

If you aren't running blindness perks or addons, go cry in a corner or dc. Thats the only counter.

• HollowsGriefHollowsGrief Member Posts: 720

If a group is running builds like this then you aren't going to win unless they suck at the game. Survivor is the power role and this is probably the single strongest build in the entire game and it's x4.

• NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

You can't counter it, only prematurely.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,192

You don't. If you aren't a stealth killer, and really don't want to deal with it, just stand in a corner and wait for them to do their gens. Alt tab and watch cat videos.