Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

How would you nerf Object of Obsession?

2»

Comments

• PryzmPryzm Member Posts: 393

The reason it is meta for killers is purely the BP. 90% of the time I forget to even focus on the auras. I'm running it for BP alone. The only time I really care about the aura site is if I'm running Pop. I can quickly see what gen is being worked and hit it. If you think that is comparable to constant surveillance on the killer, stealth or otherwise, you are insane.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 1,139

If both survivor & Killer look at each other outside TR, the perk activated for 10sec, 15sec cooldown.

• Avarice10Avarice10 Member Posts: 319
    edited September 12

It is comparable, the Killers job is to pursue and guard gens, BBQ instantly reveals the locations of all survivors, letting the killer know which direction to go in, 5 seconds is all the information they need, it's the difference from being lost and checking gens not being worked on, to checking the gen that is near completion, destroying its progress and initiating another chase keeping the pressure on. BBQ utilized to its fullest potential means the survivors will never get any respite. OoO does not have that kind of power in the slightest, no where near. It's an info perk a survivor can use to play more stealthy to avoid running into the killer, it can help with mind games during chases, but it's not a chase perk, it's not popular in solo builds and it's not meta, that's the difference between OoO and BBQ. How rewarding OoO is depends entirely on how you use it and how strong your mind games are, BBQ is strong in any game because it gives the Killer the information where to patrol to initiate another chase, and if you took the aura reading ability off BBQ you'd see far less use on the perk and a lot of Killers crying, so if OoO is going to be hit by a nerf BBQ should be right next to it on the chopping block. Survivors version of BBQ doesn't even grant any ability. Fair is fair.

• jdcabraljdcabral Member Posts: 850

It still has the best aura reading ability in the game. It's still a very good perk, but now it's users won't be so cocky.

lol You are confusing perks here or something pal. BBQ rarely leads to a chase vs halfway decent survivors. BBQ is at best useful for targeting a gen to kick most of the time. Most survivors will start walking in one direction and move in any one of several others. By the time you get there, they are long gone. I used to think BBQ was so strong until I became a killer main. I then learned it was only strong because I was not a very good survivor. A few short seconds, requiring I get a hook and the survivors be far from me, is not much. OoO is constant info whenever you want it unless the killer is very close. So if I'm running OoO in an SWF and I see Pig or GF's aura moving towards the direction of the killer shack, I can warn everyone where they are. So much for stealth. If I see Trapper's aura putting a trap in the area of a jungle gym outside the killer shack, I can warn everyone where the traps are. That is an insane amount of information. That outright neuters the power of several killers.

To compare the two perks is the outright height of ignorance. Heck, Bitter Murmur gives better information than BBQ. Alert gives better information than BBQ as well. Even Spine Chill (one of my favorite perks) is better information than BBQ. BBQ is great because it is a ton of BP, period.

You can continue to try and stretch this silliness, but I doubt anyone who has experience on both sides would be willing to argue that BBQ is near the information wealth of OoO.

edited September 12

I disagree completely, once you hook a survivor the chase is over, BBQ let's you know which gens to pressure and ultimately allows the killer to start another chase, keeping the pressure on. It's strongest on high mobility killers who can capitalize on this information and B line straight to the survivor, every game I play where a killer has BBQ this always ends up the case, they come straight for me or another survivor on a gen and you're now in a chase, there's not always time to get in a locker, or one near by to get in one, and if we're honest, most survivors don't go in a locker even with BBQ, thus your position is completely and totally compromised putting you in peril. Sometimes you can't mind game them because the gen you're working on was in a corner so you're boxed in. It's an extremely powerful perk and most killers run it for this reason, Huntresses love it because it allows them to take pot shots of survivors and some can actually land those hits too. OoO does not give the survivors this kind of advantage, no where near it. SWF can capitalize on it sure, but OoO is an information perk, and like an information perk it suffers from the information syndrome, OoO is really only a perk that's useful for solo survivors who really want to escape.

It's also fair to say you're being a complete and total hypocrite here, you're complaining about OoO because of its long range aura reading ability, and BBQ has the exact same ability, the only difference is the condition the ability is activated. They're one and the same, they share the same ability. So if you have a problem with OoO you should understand why BBQ is also a problem for survivors. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

No amount of discussion will help here. You are completely lost in your fervor at this point. If you think BBQ leads to easy engagement in chases, you are either the luckiest killer main around or the worst survivor.

Best of luck to ya.

In other words you're bowing out of this discussion but felt the need to tell me I'm wrong so that you can tell yourself you're right. Classy.

• RathoricRathoric Member Posts: 151

I just think it should have an aura cooldown to put it in line with other aura perks. Say 30 second's to reveal the aura for 5 seconds. 24/7 aura is a bit much.

• cannonballBcannonballB Member Posts: 76

This was my exact thought. I don't see a problem with ooo but I'm a newb so maybe I'm using it wrong. I will use it to peek every once in a while at the killer but he can see me. And it's backfired on me more than once.

• aregularplayeraregularplayer Member Posts: 873

you shoould only nerf an OP perk. this perk has nothing OP. all problems around this perk are bad map design problems, not about the perk itself.

• BelzherBelzher Member Posts: 81

By adding a limited time use per trial or at least a cooldown.

• MusicNerd_TCMusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,080

Anyone who uses OoO should be mori-able, before you even hook them.

• TheWarNungTheWarNung Member Posts: 371

The best way to fix OoO would be to coat it in gasoline, set it on fire, stomp on the ashes for a while, then bury it in a big hole in a lead-lined box and fill the hole with cement to keep people from digging it up.

I have no issues with OoO the way the Devs envisioned it: a solo survivor perk that acts as a double-edged sword. But let's be real, 99% of the time you see it it's being used by a SWF on comms to keep track of you for the entire match. You've got to make a choice between going after the normal survivors knowing that they're going to know your location for 100% of the match's runtime, or tunneling the Object to get rid of the team's X-ray vision.

It is OP, it's so much free information, this perk single handedly makes trapper useless.

By that logic calm spirit makes doctor useless, should it be nerfed too? OoO is strong against one killer, it's not a big deal, IW is stronger against more killers than OoO is. Should that be nerfed too? Give me a break.

You do realize I wasn't only talking about trapper right? I added on to it, saying it makes him useless as well. Give me a [BAD WORD] break.

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 1,272

Yes but BBQ doesn't work all match, has many counters so no it isn't a fair comparation.

What counters do you have for OoO? Other than tunnel or facecamp?

• HollowsGriefHollowsGrief Member Posts: 673

OoO needs a total rework, change it to a completely different perk, there is no reason at all survivors should have unlimited aura reading on a killer, there is no way to balance it as it stands it needs a full on freddy style rework.

edited September 13

OoO won't work on stealth killers allowing them to see the survivors aura but the survivor can't see them. High mobility killers can B line to the survivor when they see the aura. They can also kill the survivor removing them from the game.

It's mostly used as a stealth perk for solo players. It's fine. Killers have a lot of detection perks to find survivors. Let survivors have perks to evade the killer. Whisperers is kind of busted detection perk because there's no counter to this perk.

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 1,272

And OoO is not busted but whispers is?

Ummmm what? Have you played as huntress on azarov by the car junk or as freddy against an OoO?

Also yeah, OoO is not used to stealth and well you can kinda see where the stealthy killer is via the OoO icon and by positioning your camera.

"They can kill the survivor" that is not a counter especially with a squad which is what most people use OoO with.

edited September 13

Killers have been complaining about squads since they were released, but Squads don't need OoO, if it's a 4man they'll have comms and will always know where the killer is and who it is. In that case OoO would be used more to get the killers attention and to distract them, it's a perfectly viable strategy.

Freddy and Huntress are some of the strongest killers, having a perk that's good against them to help them survive and escape is the whole point of survivor perks.