Home Polls
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

Is the struggling mechanic in it's current state fine or should it be changed?

RoboMojoRoboMojo Member Posts: 29

I personally have had multiple games where my fingers slipped or they get tired from mashing the struggle button so I die prematurely ruining any chance my teammates had at winning. I'd like to get some opinions on this. Is the struggling mechanic in it's current state fine or should it be changed?

Is the struggling mechanic in it's current state fine or should it be changed? 51 votes

Yes it's fine as is.
13%
White_OwlF60_31BabyCameron10herrik666benkiBOT_EthanTsukiYurei 7 votes
No and struggling should be automatic.
21%
GibberishSpacingLlamasBlazelskiAetherBytesWSNLSlamitieRattiusIllutionmusefanMoundshroudBeast123344 11 votes
No and it should have skill checks instead.
56%
MiriamGTapeKnotBoosted_Dwightkonchokmusstang62MrPenguinTaigaAhoyWolfMookywolfthenegativoneRareware0192Awkward_FiendsourglobeChurchofPigSkullKidPior_MorteDerZuntorSCP_FOR_DBDTheDeathSlayer7dementocannibal7 29 votes
Other.
7%
karatinac97bm33MeltingPenguinsRubyinsomniac 4 votes

Comments

• herrik666herrik666 Member Posts: 62
    Yes it's fine as is.

Its usually for a short period of time so its not too anoying to spam the keys, and also its kinda immersive. Adding skillchecs would add more RNG which I think we already have enough of in this game.

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 2,858

I hate mashing my x button I'd rather do skill checks

• AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 1,704

I don't want to destroy my keyboard, or mouse wheel...

• MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 1,293
    Other.

I'd say people should have the option whether they'll use skill checks or the current mechanic.

Some people are better with the current mechanic, others with checks.

• musefanmusefan Member Posts: 265

Automatic, or at least make it so you only need to hold a button down.

Mashing isn't hard enough to make it worth the effort. And adding skill checks will make it too hard for some people and we will end up seeing survivors dying quicker making it much harder to survive for the rest.

While we are at it, change console wiggle to a button mash cause all the stick wiggling is bad for controller.

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 147

It's bad for your keyboard/controller to hammer the same button over and over, and it also doesn't seem to be reliable. Currently I'm using a method where I literally set down my controller and struggle with the mouse wheel so I don't have to break my stuff, but I'd love to just do skill checks instead.

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 537

I don't feel like I'm "pushing back against the entity" like they want, I feel like I'm concerned for whatever I'm mashing getting damaged and annoyed.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 1,408
    Other.

Change to press x once to start struggle and again to end struggle. Mashing is annoying and fps drops on console can have you die mid struggle. Fps drops during skill checks same issue.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,746
    Yes it's fine as is.

You don't need to smash your keyboard to struggle, you know?

Skillchecks on PH cages don't make me feel like I'm struggling, they are just a minor inconvenient which I can do almost without looking.

• GibberishGibberish Member Posts: 406
    edited September 22

Its an unnecessary annoyance. It doesnt add any kind of difficulty or challenge, nor does it add any other kind of value to the game.

Its just busywork.