Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

Look at how they Intend to massacre my boy!

TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 1,199
edited September 16 in General Discussions

It wasn't even in the hotfix patch notes! Poor thing, nerfed before anyone could adapt to playing around it.

Blights PoV is really low to the ground which keeps him from being able to see over many objects in the world, and 6 seconds of aura reading within 16 meters was a nice way of dealing with that fact, but changing it to 3 seconds barely gives enough time to look around and find a survivor we lost behind a random box at a loop while fatigued, and the 8m distance just makes it so that we have to be practically on top of the survivor, or within audible distance of them, which makes the aura reading a little pointless.

Can we at least compromise devs? 12m and 4 seconds? That way it has as much distance as Amanda's Letter, and Wraiths All Seeing add-ons, and the extra second of aura reading gives us enough time to recover from the fatigue and catch a glimpse of which direction a survivor is running. Pretty please?

Edit: I know this change isn't in effect yet, but hope that the devs will at least consider trying the 12m, 4 second compromise before going through with their intended nerf.

Post edited by TWiXT on

Comments

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 7,641
    edited September 16

The video gameplay I saw still had it doing a fair bit of work. I'm not convinced it was nerfed into the ground.

EDIT: It would see that the add-on currently still remains unchanged and only got a text change. So it remains to be seen whether the change kills the add-on or not.

• FambinoBambino_FambinoBambino_ Member Posts: 131

It hasn’t been nerfed yet, only the text got updated.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 7,641

A-ha. Upon inspecting the video closely, it seems like you are indeed correct. Welp, guess I better take back what I said until we actually see it properly in action.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,537

Amanda's letter and All Seeing are rarer than green though.

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 1,199
    edited September 16

I know the effect isn't active yet, but the text change still indicates their intention on how much of a nerf it's gonna get. I'm hoping to at least plead the case that 8m and 3 seconds is a little harsh considering how low to the ground he is and how long his fatigue lasts. 12m and 4 seconds just feels like it will still be a nerf, but not as harsh of one, and if it doesn't work out then they can always go ahead with their intended nerf.

Currently it gives you info on every survivor within about 4 steps of distance and lasts long enough for you to turn around, spot them and see where they're headed after you finish your fatigue and even track them for 3.5 seconds more, but with the upcoming change... not only do they have to be much closer, but you'll have only 0.5 seconds after fatigue to look around and hopefully get a glimpse of them. I just feel that bouncing off of a gen and only getting aura reading on a survivor that is less than 2 steps away from you (1.3 steps further than striking distance) seems a bit pointless. With the 12m & 4 seconds however, you have survivors within 3 steps distance, and 1.5 seconds to spot them after fatigue, which seems a bit more fair of a compromise to me.

Edit: sorry, meant Seconds worth of distance, not Steps.

Post edited by TWiXT on
  • MikeadatrixMikeadatrix Member Posts: 818

12m and 4 seconds is the compromise. C'mon, Devs, let's not murder an addon that is fun into one that won't ever be used! It needed nerfing but [BAD WORD], that's extensive.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 3,512
    edited September 16

Well, at least it’s just a text error and the in-game effects haven’t changed. Yes, it’s a really strong add-on, but it’s not OP. Too many Survivors freak out about having their aura revealed and don’t want to learn to loop even a little bit or try to act like Blight’s always running this add-on (like with BBQ).

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 1,089

Where are you getting "4 steps from"? The range of the old version is 16 meters, a step is only one meter.

For a sense of how far 16 meters is, I think the center courtyard in Midwich is about 18 meters across. (It takes up roughly 1/3 of the width of the map which is around 56 meters wide.) So if you slammed into one side of that courtyard you would see auras all the way across it plus auras all the way into the hallway and floors above where you slammed. A 16 meter radius is not a small area.

An 8 meter radius is about the width of the killer shack I think (it takes you a little under 2 seconds to cross it as a killer). So basically picture yourself standing between two killer shacks on either side of you, you can detect survivors in that circle after a slam. It's still a decent size area, especially considering that you probably slammed somewhere that you though a survivor was near so you're kind of likely to get a ping if you were right.

Yeah, but they also don't come with a time limit. With Amanda's letter, you just crouch and have infinite aura reading time on everyone within 12m, with All Seeing, you just cloak, either way you choose when the aura reading is active or not. Compound 21 has a time limit, and its about to get cut in half.

• GhostMaceNotCrustyGhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 111

Ssshhhh

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 2,192

I had a match on hawkins and blight was using that add on. It was impossible to hide from him. I'm not upset they are nerfing that add on. Id rather they beef it up to iridescent instead.

edited September 16

sorry, I was mixing things up with the movement speed: 4.6 meters per second and got confused. For some reason I figured steps = seconds so 16 meters was about 4 steps worth of distance in my mind. I should've said that it was seconds, not steps, although a killer at 4.6m/s speed covers 9.2 meters in 2 seconds, so 8 meters would be less than 2 seconds of distance, which honestly would feel like only a couple of steps to me.

That's actually how I used to set demogorgon portals near gens, since they can be heard by survivors within 8 meters, you just walk up to the gen, look in the direction you want to set the portal, start walking and count to 2 before setting it, that way you can possibly get a jump on survivors when teleporting, if they haven't already left as soon as they hear the map wide "ROOOOAAARRRR!" demogorgon makes when traversing portals.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 2,831

Great, because there was no playing around it. It was just constant, free wallhacks, with a bonus serving of knowing if someone was in a locker nearby. You cannot "adapt" to that, you just have to hope the killer sucks.

• ZCerebrateZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

The bonus bloodpoints even through lockers had to have been unintentionally because it makes it better than the purple seeing addon just by being able to immediately clear some groups of lockers in garage tiles or the temple locker tiles

• ZeusZeus Member Posts: 1,227
    edited September 16

It's still a good addon...

Edit: 8m? Well I'm not so sure now. Pretty sure it'll be balanced though.

• CalamityJaneCalamityJane Member Posts: 487

Ok.

1. Half the reason Blight feels so good with aura revealing add ons is because of his garbage camera placement. Makes a whole lot of sense to not be able to see over a crate that only comes up to your waist, while survivors can see your face clearly. Seriously, watching people flashlight you and the beam is going OVER your screen is just dumb. If they fix that terrible decision, this won't be a bad nerf.
    2. The point of the add on was meant to be "see the person you were already aiming for" not "press M2 to reveal everyone nearby at 0 cost." Bringing it down to 8m makes it much more fair and you actually need some idea that someone's around to use it. It will always show someone who you're chasing to enable better decision and mind games basically.
  • MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 2,831

It's better than the purple add-on in every way, not just the locker effect. I think they should have their effects reversed.

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,556

Expect it to be nerfed though, I can't stand watching people play him thinking they're good and I notice Aura Readings after the first slam.

You use the addon? You're not good.

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,267

Lets face it, compund 21 in its current form is absolutely broken, especially as a rare add-on

• HollowsGriefHollowsGrief Member Posts: 673

This add on was beyond overpowered and these changes look good to me honestly. His Alchemists also needs to be toned down as well.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 3,512

I love how a new Killer finally gets released with strong add-ons and Survivors are begging for nerfs. Lol do you want every new Killer to have crappy high rarity add-ons? I won’t be surprised if they go after Blight’s base kit next so they can do the same exact thing against every Killer.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 470

I have no issue with this change. 3 seconds means that by the time Blight exists out of his power the auras are gone because the biggest problem thing that made it broken was that he had 3 seconds of aura reading outside of his power.

• Withered8Withered8 Member Posts: 365

The thing is addons that force changes to the survivor's playstyle should be at least purple, if not red. Otherwise you would need to be adapting for every single addon on every killer. I think it would be fine if it was buffed up rarities a bit. Idk if a nerf is the right thing to do.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 4,686

Hi hello yes killer main here who very rarely plays survivor. This addon is broken and needs a nerf.

You complain when people loop you so they try and be stealthy and then bullshit like this forces survivors not to be. You can't win.

At the least make it ultra rare, if you don't want the effect changed. As a rare its far too strong.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 2,216

Green is the rarest an addon can get

While green is more common then higher rarities between all the map offerings, 5 bp offerings, green mori and 5 blight addons getting c21 specificly is pretty rare

As opposed to iridesent where there are only 3 choices. Also the reason why mori's happen so often, you get one about every 3 bloodwebs at the bare minimun

Making the compount anything but green will make it more common

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 4,686

But will also make it much more expensive to run every game

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 2,216

Not that much more expensive tbh

I certainly wouldn't mind paying like 2000 more bloodpoints to see some green addons more commonly

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 1,121

Eh. you couldnt really adapt to playing against the thing anyway. I didnt use it until I was about to prestige, it was absurdly powerful as breaking LOS was reall the only way to force him to wait out or risk wasting his power. The range and distance was absurdly high for a green rarity add on.

I feel like 8 metres 8 seconds would have been fine though.