Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Add D/C Penalities Again

Seriously, yesterday had two people D/C on first down though I ran the killer for 3 gens, and today had 2 people D/C when they saw Huntress had Iri Head

Comments

• MekochiMekochi Member Posts: 903

Idk how they will do that, but agreed, went to save Nancy during EGC and she killed herself so I was just lucky to make it to hatch last second

• ToxicMyersToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

just give them 3 shots at unhooking yourself then no more

• MusicNerd_TCMusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    edited September 2020

Make it so you only have 2 chances to unhook yourself, and each time you try, the sacrifice progress won't go down, and remove button mashing on hook altogether. I also like Ryugas idea, you should watch his video, it gives good suggestions to patch the problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQPuyl1BmCE&t=749s

• ToxicMyersToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

yeah, would be the first survivor buff in a long time.

• megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 742

Well, to be fair I can 100% understand the Iri Head part. This addon is just brainless and broken af and needs to be removed or reworked asap. Most huntress I encounter with Iri Head have even the full sweaty build with Ebony Mori.

• MekochiMekochi Member Posts: 903

Not only that, people being able to boot others offline by getting their IP, I usually see this done on R6S (Xbox) but I don't doubt that it happens on DBD too

• MusicNerd_TCMusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    edited September 2020

Great, at least they stay in the game longer :). We can also make a afk system, where if you don't move for too long, you're kicked out of the game with a 5 minute penalty, problem solved.

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,295

Make sure you complain about Oni, Billy, Leatherface, and Clown as well since you hate the threat of dealing with something strong even though it has the exact same counterplay!

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,295

The reason why I disagree with bringing back the DC penalty is simply because of how imperfect their system!

I would change to something for example pay x amount bloodpoints to play again, or reduced bloodpoints gain for x amount of hours!

But than again, their penalty system is imperfect

• CheyeneKLCheyeneKL Member Posts: 718

DCs being rampant is one of the big reasons I almost exclusively play full SWF. Even with 3 man groups, the random very often DCs and it's incredibly annoying. I wouldn't care that much if they did it on their third down or second hook or something, but a huge amount of players DC if they're the first down in the match. Hook suicide is a lot less annoying because at least they took up... ten seconds of the killer's time by picking them up and hooking them. Hate running halfway across the map to unhook only for them to die before I realize what they're doing, though.

I'm all for DC penalties coming back, would definitely play the game more in solo queue if I knew I would be less likely to deal with the scenario of having 4 gens left with 1 teammate lmao

• Ryan489xRyan489x Member Posts: 1,435

I was playing a game with someone that DC'd for not liking a killer and their reason? they thought it was BS and didn't want them to get the sacrifice points. the thing they didn't realize was that if you DC on a hook they still get the points anyway. what they need to do is think of a way to sperate intentional DC's and the game kicking you out. that's the only way I'm ever DC'd

The issue is that the game can't separate an intentional DC from a game error and you get punished regardless.

• 2LuvRias2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

These Penalties are needed, without it people are able to just leave a game and ruin it for everyone else. Although I'd understand quiting during certain circumstances it would still be better to have to sit out for afew minutes and do something else, Get a snack, or even sort out your BP then stay in a match you don't want to play.(I was only banned a few times each time I had to sit out for 2 or 3 minutes, not alot to me but that may differ)

This isn't even DBD specific, awhile ago I was going for an achievement in another game and I had thd same issue as @TWiXT@TWiXT, people kept leaving when I caught them and that voided my achievement. There were no repercussions for it, took me months to complete it, when it should've been done sooner.

I'm not sure if I can say the name of the game, but the guy who you play as name rhythms with "Pason Doorhees"

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

This is a multiplayer game. If you don't want to play, why are you queuing up in the first place? Go play KYF with people who want to play with the same arbitrary rules you do instead of ruining the trials for everyone else.

• BabyDweetMainBabyDweetMain Member Posts: 434

Okay clearly you cannot read. No where did I say I don't want to play the game in general. I think we all do. But I'm not going to play a game where a killer has overpowered add-ons, slugs, camps, tunnels, moris, etc. That isn't fun. So cause a killer slugged everyone and watched them all bleed out so I dc cause I'm not having fun, am I in the wrong? No.

• Soo clearly you cannot read too. Cause you are still ruining the games of the other players. Maybe they want to try it again an OP-Killer. You know that this Add on is in they game so you agreed with it by queuing up. It´s that easy. Moris are also in the game. Tunneling and camping are super unfun and bad but still a way to play the game (even if it is a realy bad way). If a killer slugged everyone and does not even try to hook them he is taking the game hostage. That´s a reason for report and maybe the only situation, where a DC is ok. In any other scenario it´s not. It is not on you to decide how the killer plays, what perks or Add Ons he uses and which offering he brings. That´s on him to decide and you agreed to that by joining the round.

• Kumnut768Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

dc penalty did literally nothing you can just suicide on hook or afk the match out as killer

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,686

just add bots already to the game to replace the dcer penalties only hurt killer because survivor can easily kill them self's.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,686

funny and sad slagging not hooking letting everyone bleed out not taking the game hostage you'll bleed out end will end so not bannable reason why people dc in tho cases

everything else I agree with but I still feel bots would be better the DC penalties they can't get it right and mobile ver got them bots.

• InnCognitoInnCognito Member Posts: 706
    edited September 2020

This is going to be an ongoing discussion that probably will never receive a peaceful resolve. If the penalty is there, players pull on the hook or hack another person's connection. If the penalty isn't there. Players are unhappy that someone just left the match.

The CURRENT ideal solution is to form a GROUP of friends and form a 4-man team. In my opinion, I think a ranking system which SUPPORTS player habits would be much better. As a person ranks up for what they do. They get to play matches with like-minded individuals. For us whom are FILTHY CASUALS such as myself. I guess I just don't really care. I thought the penalty was lame.

Some treat this as a PARLOR game, where people drink booze, play matches most of the day and if the match is going terrible. They find a new game, while others treat this game like it is a COMPETITIVE E-sports. Both sides are NOT wrong, but both sides claim each other are BAD. If BHVR did build a ranking system which supported that attitude. I would believe, the more COMPETITIVE players would be happy. So they are up there in the ranks. While those that treat this game as casual fun, can play in their own ranks. Im, Just sayin.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,612

I've been wanting the second phase to be reworked for a long time. Why do I have to mash a button? Just have it be like the first phase where I can wait and collect my thoughts.

• I don´t know wheter you can call this situation "taking a game hostage" or not. But if a survivor dcs after the killer slugged everyone and knows where a few survivors are but does not hook them and you can be shure that nobody has unbreakable, than I don´t have a problem with smeone dcing. I wouldn´t do it, but it doesn´t hurt the game at that point so I don´t care. But to be fair: I never had a round like this. I played against massiv slugger, but they slugged to waste time ore secure the 4K and thats totaly fine.

You could also change the button spaming to skill checks. If you miss one you loose 5 seconds. There would be a punishment for missing, but you could only reduce the time (from 60 to 40 seconds maybe), but you couldn´t suicide.