Home Discussions General Discussions

All these "blueprints" just fill the bloodweb with more junk.

What's the incentive to use these? Like at all. I haven't seen a SINGLE one of them played and there's four of them.

I really don't care where the basement is. There's of course some maps where it's better for either side when it's in a specific spot, but I'd rather burn a map offering and get those maps with a 50/50 shot of it being in a good spot, than burn one of these and run the 1 in 50 odds of getting the maps where it matters at all.

As for the hatch, it also really doesn't matter. It would be completely broken to be a secret offering because then it's a major advantage, but being seen by everyone removes any benefit of using it at all.

So now on top of thicken/thin the fog, change hook spacing, +/- chests, and shrouds that never seem to work, we have even more utter junk clogging up the bloodweb which is already in a pretty horrendous spot.

Comments

• DeadHardManDeadHardMan Member Posts: 130

I agree, I think these blueprints should only be available during this chapter.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,538
    edited September 18

offerings are useless and pointless need to be removed.

• BlazelskiBlazelski Member Posts: 110
    edited September 18

I honestly think the bloodweb being mostly junk is the point, for the devs. For me, every offering but possibly a mori (when I really need one for a challenge/daily) is completely pointless. Even the best offerings, like Pudding/Cake/Streamers, exist so you spend bloodpoints to make bloodpoints. Hook distance increases only matter for a Sabotage SWFs, and Coins only matter for loot goblins like myself. Other than moris, the best offerings are map offerings, and I never use them because they are boring as hell.

Add to that flashlights, broken keys, maps, most of the addons for those items, and bad killer addons. How much of a bloodweb is actually something you want that will make a trial more fun for you? I'd guess between 20-30% of it. Most of it is there to encourage the grind, it would seem.

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 1,757

I've been using them. Don't rely on them for planning things. I know, I know it says tremendously but no. Hatch spawn is still random. Trust me.

• PawcelotPawcelot Member Posts: 985

Apparently they missed the clogged up bloodweb. Its a shame. I hate all the useless stuff you find in the bloodweb. Adding more of it doesn't help. Gonna make it worse for new players too, who'd do much better getting a medkit or something instead of an offering that only increase the chance (aka, not guaranteed) for the hatch to spawn somewhere.

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 3,681

Gonna be honest I actually haven't seen the new green offering

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,320

I use hook decrease distance pretty regularly on most killers. Helps a lot when you have all four survivors slugged in one part of the map.

But hear hear! No more blueprint junk in our bloodwebs! Do away with them! Thematic stuff is stupid when it's worthless for anything but toxicity!

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 6,640

Yeah, exactly. Those Offerings should not exist, all 5 of them which got introduced. I have never seen the Basement-Offering, never seen the Anti-Map Offering and I have seen Hatch-Offerings two times.

They are okish for Killer, since their Bloodweb is not as overloaded with stuff like the Survivor Bloodwebs, but this does not mean that this should happen in the future. Rather Survivor Bloodwebs get stuff removed than the other way around.

I also know that I will never use one of those Offerings. I can guarantee that, because there is no sense in using them. Even if I do not have any BP-Offering left (which will never happen) I would rather burn a Chest-Offering as Survivor or a Hook-Offering as Killer.

I think those Offerings should be removed (or, as someone else wrote, only be present for this Chapter). It should be Baseline that the Killer sees the Basement at the start for a few seconds (this is actually some information that makes sense), but thats about it.

• TheWarNungTheWarNung Member Posts: 431

They're not actually clogging up your blood web at all. Hear me out:

The way the blood web works is that it first rolls to decide which color each item will be: iri items will be rarest, green items will be rare, and so on.

Then it rolls to decide which item among the iris/greens/etc will appear in that slot. This is why killers end up with more iri moris than green moris: iri items are rarer, but there are fewer of them than green items.

These new brown offerings aren't actually reducing your chances to tet anything except other brown items.

I also kinda like the new offerings, but mostly from the killer's side. Most of the time I go against keys now they bring a hatch offering to guarantee their escape. That's why I use Franklins now to despawn keys. Screw your fancy addons, that key is going to vanish from existence.

• lucid4444lucid4444 Member Posts: 470

Unless you're maxed out on every character, there's no reason to use any offering besides bloodpoint ones. Unless you're going like scratched mirror, or want to troll the killer with haddonfield/coldwind

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,506

I actually really don't like the Hatch ones as Killer.

You're pretty much telling the Survivors where there's a high chance for it to be.

• jdcabraljdcabral Member Posts: 1,254

Does anyone else other than me also calculate how much BP you wasted on useless offerings and then proceeds to cry?

• APoipleTurtleAPoipleTurtle Member Posts: 835
    edited September 18

The one I always though was funny was the Sacrificial Ward (anti-map offering). You could veto a survivor's offering as killer and STILL randomly get that same map anyway, since it's not like you can throw out your own map offering with it. Plus a full survivor team that really wants to go to one particular realm can override your offering and pick that map anyway.

It's an offering that really has no power or purpose. You'd be better off running your own map offering and taking the 50-50 chance that you get a map that you want instead of bothering with this ward. Perhaps it would be better to immediately decommission this offering and instead apply its traits to all map offerings available to the killer?

But the real worst part about the Sacrificial Ward? It's GREEN, meaning that it has further reduced the chances of Bloody Party Streamers appearing in the Bloodweb.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,228

I guess the one upside if the hatch one is used, is that the killer probably won't sweat and slug someone for 4 minutes and play hide and seek to make sure the last survivor doesn't get the hatch?

If they know where hatch is most likely going to be, hopefully they just hook the 3rd person and go there to close the hatch instead of drawing out the game and making it boring af

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 1,648

There's so many useless offerings they need to get rid of including these. People hate the grind so they add more useless things to use bloodpoints on instead of removing. Makes sense.

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 228

I've only seen the hatch offering used and every time it was with a key. I really don't think these offerings add anything to the game except bloodweb pollution.