Home Polls
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

How did your first ever killer match end?

Pet_The_LizardsPet_The_Lizards Member Posts: 469

A direct response thread to "How did your first ever survivor match end". If you haven't voted on that one, here's the link: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/192720/how-did-your-first-ever-survivor-match-end

My first ever killer match was as Wraith, on one of the MacMillan Estate maps (once again, I can't remember the specific map). I had a pretty strong start as killer, as it ended with a 4k! But of course it's very possible that I might've been facing potato survivors.

How did your first ever killer match end? 72 votes

I won (3 or 4 kills)
30%
BoredYetUistreelRaven014DetailedDetrimentkaratinac97thenegativonePet_The_Lizardsmagicmaster2020SlamitieName123Pior_MorteDerZuntorSCP_FOR_DBDtheman43musefanBrequeMarc_go_soloGhostyyBoiBwstedTheButcher6641 22 votes
I tied (2 kills)
8%
VolantConch1719PlantCollectorKnightFall28901MusicNerd_TCJustZed32Moravenei 6 votes
I lost (1 or 0 kills)
29%
FoggyDownpourCamoRangermintchapstickMiriamGSpacingLlamasMegMain98NekoGamerXmusstang62SunaIIanuDicklayciaLofepramineRoffelbillyAwkward_FiendSlashstreetboyVeckmanxtr4mebenkiRockatanskymegswifeyBingBongItsWraith 21 votes
I DCed
0%
Some survivors died or escaped, and the remaining survivors DCed (or vice versa)
0%
I don't remember
31%
MandyTalkRizzo90Seiko300InjiCaptainCastleTapeKnotSkeletalEliteDeadeyexEaTaigaAhoyWolfArcticWolfanonymous31337EnderloganYTIcewhisperIronThePolicebubbabrothaJunsuinaGuest1567432 23 votes

Comments

• anonymous31337anonymous31337 Member Posts: 146
    I don't remember

I don't remember the outcome (I played my first killer game on free weekend in 2017 or 2018), but I remember that I played hillbilly and I got rekt.

When I realized that survivors can unhook themselves and they are still able to move after that, I decided that this game sucks and uninstalled it (after the game ended, I didn't DC, because I remember survivors tbagging me at exit gates).

I didn't play DbD until 3rd anniversary free weekend. I don't even remember what killer I played after this break (probably huntress), but I know that I had much more fun and that's why I stayed.

• MusicNerd_TCMusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 2,889
    I tied (2 kills)

I camped as old Freddy and got 2 kills on Haddonfield. I wasn't good at the game, so I felt like camping was the only thing I could do, so I actually won by camping. God damn, I miss old Freddy.

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,039
    I lost (1 or 0 kills)

I remember it quite well. I had built up a hype for DBD over several weeks before finally diving in.

I was not prepared. The way DBD plays, I had no prior experience at this type of game (if there ever was any ).

I was utterly humiliated by obviously pretty experienced players.

Then the post game chat...the whole package. "EZ Kxs uninstall" and all that. Over the years you get numb to being told to end your own life, I´ve heard it hundreds if not thousands of times by now in DBD. But back then, it really got to me.

Thankfully after a couple of days of pushing through, starting to get the basics down and grinding for the first teachables I came across decent people or at least people that kept silent.

By now such talk has become far less prevalent, something I appreciate. As far as I´m concerned it has gotten better since early 2018.

• mintchapstickmintchapstick Member Posts: 591
    I lost (1 or 0 kills)

I was playing the Trapper and I couldn't figure out how to set traps or kick gens. The survivors stayed afterward and gave me a pep talk and gave me tips.

• PlantCollectorPlantCollector Member Posts: 220
    I tied (2 kills)

Thats funny, i was also playing as old freddy on haddonfield in my very first match and i also got the same outcome ^^ However i didn't camp anyone :p

• SCP_FOR_DBDSCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,143
    I won (3 or 4 kills)

I was a god, it was the first time I've heard that satisfying crunch of the bear trap. I've been hooked ever since.

I tied (2 kills)

To be fair, it was very hard to camp with old Freddy.

• PlantCollectorPlantCollector Member Posts: 220
    I tied (2 kills)

Thats true, no worries, it was more meant as a joke ^^

I tied (2 kills)

Oh no, I wasn't offended, I was just pointing out something ridiculously wrong with old Freddy.

• FoggyDownpourFoggyDownpour Member Posts: 289
    I lost (1 or 0 kills)

Hahahaaaa my first game as killer was as a nurse when the game was only a couple months old. Not only did I fail horribly, but I was playing on about 10-15fps and I could see [BAD WORD] lmao. Needless to say they all escaped :)

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 324
    I won (3 or 4 kills)

A 3K on Groaning Storehouse.

• LofepramineLofepramine Member Posts: 157
    I lost (1 or 0 kills)

I played as Wraith, I didn't know how to get to those "red shapes", how/when to uncloak, how to follow tracks ( I didn't even know about the blood injured survivors leave) and why I couldn't find anyone. I think I had one of Wraith's perks and that's about it. The map was Springwood. Post-game, someone said "oh baby wraith", while another told them "don't BM the killer". I told them that not only I was a "baby wraith", but a baby killer, as in my first match ever.

• Awkward_FiendAwkward_Fiend Member Posts: 461
    I lost (1 or 0 kills)

I was playing Micheal since he looked neat, and I didn't think about 99ing EW, and I often didn't get any use out of it. I believe it was on the Ironworks and getting looped hard on main building. It could've also been the storehouse, I just remember some busted window and Macmellan

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 141
    I won (3 or 4 kills)

4k on Shelter Woods as Wraith.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,276
    I lost (1 or 0 kills)

don't remember 100% but this about right wasn't good.

• InjiInji Member, Mod Posts: 988
    edited September 20
    I don't remember

Honestly I dont remember how many kills I had, its been 4years. However I do have a fond memory of it. My first killer was Wraith.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 8,538
    I don't remember

It was 4 years ago, I've played too many matches since then to remember the outcome...I do remember being scared in my first survivor match though and wondering what on earth the Hillbilly was and the Wraith used to scare me a lot.

• I lost (1 or 0 kills)

After playing my first five-or-so survivor matches, I made the mistake of assuming I was ready to give killer a shot. I was really excited to play it and decided to go as Ghostface for my first ever match. The map was Ormond, and the survivors were much more experienced then I. I had literally no idea what I was doing and the survivors finished all the gens and then 99'd the gates before running around to tbag and watch me whiff a hundred times-and when I did down someone, they bodyblocked me and prevented me from actually hooking anyone.

In the endgame chat I was greeted with "ggez" and the like.

This was very disheartening to me and really ruined how I felt about the game, but after taking a break for a few days, I decided to give it another shot and now, a year later, Ghostface is one of my best killers ^^!

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,151
    I won (3 or 4 kills)

I played Huntress on Blood Lodge, back when short loop hitboxes were ridiculous. One person dcd but I was able to kill everyone else.

• TheButcher6641TheButcher6641 Member Posts: 54
    I won (3 or 4 kills)

Surprisingly, I actually killed it first time. Literally, I played as the trapper and successfully sacrificed all survivors. However, the next few rounds I played all ended in me getting utterly defeated.

• musstang62musstang62 Member Posts: 68
    I lost (1 or 0 kills)

Wraith on... Father campbell's chapel, I think? I very much remember finding a survivor, having absolutely no idea what all this orange crap was that kept popping up on the floor and walls, immediately losing the survivors in chase... rinse and repeat. Think I got maybe one or 2 HITS, zero downs or hooks, and got teabagged at the exit gates

Did not realize there was a killer tutorial until I had already learned how to play killer haha probably took 5 matches before I had any idea what was going on

• VolantConch1719VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 881
    I tied (2 kills)

I remember the start VERY clearly. Kind of hard to forget your first Huntress hatchet throw ever as it hit Bill as he ran across the screen.

Beyond that, I just remember killing two, and I think that Bill got away.

• GhostyyBoiGhostyyBoi Member Posts: 385
    I won (3 or 4 kills)

I won.

Traps.

• DerZuntorDerZuntor Member Posts: 134
    I won (3 or 4 kills)

My first Killer was Myers and i bought the game because i watched alot of dbd videos from my favorite youtuber at that time.

I got out of Tier 1 super fast because i stalked a survivor from 2 meters away without them noticing me (Back then i didn't know you could grab someone off a gen).

And i basically had perma Tier 3 because they just stood still and let me stalk them.

• RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 21
    I lost (1 or 0 kills)

I was red rank in survivor before I touched killer outside of the tutorial, so I sort of knew what I was doing.

I played as Doctor and zapped everyone into tier 3. No one could do skill checks, so it might as well of been permanent. They couldn't understand why they couldn't do gens and just kind of hovered around them screaming. I chased a David for about 6 minutes in the cornfield before he decided enough was enough, and turned around and started chasing me. To this day, seeing that David turn around and linebacker run towards me while he screamed from the tier 3 was the only time I have ever felt genuine fear in this game.

I let them all go. I had to.

• DetailedDetrimentDetailedDetriment Member Posts: 1,779
    I won (3 or 4 kills)

My first survivor match was an escape and my first killer match was a 4K.

• ArthurDentArthurDent Member Posts: 37
    edited October 2
    I lost (1 or 0 kills)

Ahhh my first dbd game. Played as leatherface I lost. Hit one persons once. Got teabagged (although I didn’t know at the time the point of their constant bobbing up and down) and looped

at the end I got messaged “you suck, quit now and uninstall game”

a wonderful welcome :)

• IronIron Member Posts: 214
    I don't remember

It was 4 years ago, I have no clue. I do remember meeting a friend I still play with within my baby first couple of weeks though. He sabo'd a hook I was carrying someone to and I didn't understand why I couldn't hook them. He messaged me after saying sorry because he could tell I was really new, and asked if I'd like to play. Here we are now with nearly 10k hours between us.

• Seiko300Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,355
    I don't remember

I'll be honest, I can't remember. I know I put a detailed response for that other thread about "your first survivor match" but I didn't start playing Killer at least on a regular basis until I had racked well over at least 150 maybe 200 hours in the game of just pure survivor. So whenever my first killer match was, it was very unceremonious and it was just me trying something new for a different change of pace.

Despite not remembering the specifics of my very first match (I think I probably played a lot of Trapper to start out with though) I think I do remember however, my very first killer matches in general went really well as opposed to my very first survivor matches. This was because I hadn't sunk any amount of time into killer and was still at rank 20 where I had improved my survivor game enough to be at a consistent green rank 10 at the time. So because I was so familiar with how survivors played, it was really easy and quick for me to pick up how to play killer and how to do it effectively, (that and me going against the rank 20 scrubs probably helped) a sort of "know your enemy" type philosophy.