Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Pig traps should work like plague infection.

Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,807
edited September 23 in Feedback and Suggestions

Once activated pig traps, should go down faster when interacting with objects other then jigsaw boxes. The timer could be lengthened to compensate for this.

This change would highly incentivize not going and doing a generator, healing or any alternative actions outside of being chased/finding a box, without nerfing a survivors ability to survive the traps.

With the longer timer though (let's say 3 minutes, with double progression when doing tasks) rule set number 2 could also be made basekit, with an alternative effect such as making boxes unable to be interacted with until a trap is activated.

With a longer safer timer, trap add-ons could be made that affect their interactions, tampered timer could put a 0.2x multiplier onto the double speed bonus, making it 2.2x faster progression when healing or doing generators. Box of gears could cause more and smaller skillchecks. Crouch/dash add-ons could be added to base, whilst giving her additional effects to trap wearers (undetectable, fake traps, traps that stop the use of items etc etc)

Post edited by MandyTalk on

Comments

• PipefishPipefish Member Posts: 272

Pig's traps are fine, doing a gen with a trap on your head risks you dying early. I just wished they worked in endgame like they used too. :(

• ChiSoxFan11ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 83

When I play survivor, the key always seems to be in the last box, so I prioritize getting it off as well.

I played a Pig around recently where I got a trap kill without the benefit of the Tampered Timer/Crate of Gears combo. The first gen popped right as I downed and trapped my first survivor. They were rescued, I got another down, another gen popped, then they were unhooked. A little bit later, I got the Game Over notification, to my surprise. I hadn't even seen them since I'd hooked them, but there had been two unhooks of other survivors and a third gen finished since they'd been unhooked -- my guess was that they'd had a part in some of that rather than getting their trap undone, and they were unlucky in searching the boxes. Huge mistake on their part that probably doomed their entire team at that point in the match, and it's something I never see ordinarily.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 1,641

I've seen survivors do gens with traps on their head. And then go to the first box they find and get it off. At which point I feel like screaming.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,692

Bias as a pig main aside I don't see this being completely destructive.

As you said most people will work on a generator whilst the Trap is inactive and will immediately prioritising when it is active if there are some people who think they have the time to do gens then I see this is an interesting punishment.

A choice if you would you advance the team's progression but you put yourself at severe risk because you speed up your timer

• xeravxerav Member Posts: 296
    edited September 22

Tbh i would rather rework Pig and improve on the Saw Gameplay:

Pretty much the survivor can choose to have a short Trap Timer and take all the Risk himself or buy time at the cost of his team (True Saw Style)

i.e Traps have a shorter timer, reaching a box will randomly show up a wheel to choose from (like: +10sec on Trap Timer but every other Survivor is revealed for 3sec / or affected by Oblivious +30sec on timer expose a random survivor for 30sec etc).

Addons could affect how hard the penaltys are (or some rare ones could prevent finding the key in the first box you search)

The Wheel can use the Skillcheck Wheel just add segments with a number (the time you get) a icon (expose symbol / aura reveal symbol / oblivious etc) for the debuff you would apply to your team.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Nobody does anything with an active trap, except try to remove it. Even an overwhelming majority of INACTIVE traps basically ignore everything!

And RS.2 is one of what I call the "Detrimental" add-ons for Pig. Good survivors will gravitate towards a generator to reveal the box auras or the generator will finish before they are unhooked.

• MekochiMekochi Member Posts: 404

This isn't the best solution with a Pig who wants to tunnel you the whole game. Encountered one yesterday actually.

• Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,807

Thats.. thats not at all what i said. i said whilst doing gens/healing. ie when not doing your primary objective (Surviving) they will put you at a higher risk of death.

Exactly. Plus the pigs traps, atleast imho are meant to be gameplay stall, and less a kill switch for survivors. making them more lethal isin't the play, but for large maps where the gens are spread out, it would make it easier to go search boxes (Wasting more time for the survivors) and if they wanted to prioritize their gens, they would have to be amazingly lucky. In addition to this change a bunch of other changes to pig would have to be made obviously, and i feel that the traps should only be lethal if you ignore them, or if you are pressured. The killer shouldn't be delegated as much to random chance, but it should be that its more game delay. This would just be in place, to effectively halt 25% of the teams generator speed at one time essentially.

in addition to this i'd love to see other changes made, like obilvious status effects, trick traps/traps that are fakes (ie a trap that when it goes off does nothing, or just injures you but you have infinite traps, or a trap that when you attempt to be altruistic will beep and take time off the timer.) or work in situations they aren't meant to usually. traps that start beeping when you go to do a certain thing (ie if your in 2-3m range of a totem, it will beep, and if you do the totem for long enough it will be set off, things such as this.)

Her dash should also be easier to enter and exit, being more akin to ghostfaces crouch, though the charge up should probably stay about the same, though perhaps longer. basically i feel her lethality should be within her crouch and basekit, whereas her traps should be not so much lethal but incredible game slowdown, stall, and gen prevention.

Trap Time pauses in chase .... you start a chase by running while pig looks at you just sayin.

Not if she crouched! Can't trigger a chase while she's Undetectable.

If you're planning on chasing somebody with a reverse bear trap whilst crouched just to get a kill you're really inefficient.

Even with tampered timer it is legitimately more efficient to just camp them on hook and tunnel them if they get off it than it is for you to follow them around with a reverse bear trap crouching

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 3,462

I see it fairly often, mostly from overconfident squads. They bank on the fact that the first box they search is the one with the key. Most of the time they get away with it, but sometimes their greed does catch up with them.

Oh, please. If I WANTED to get RBT kills, I'd use a Red Forest offering with Timer and Gears/Plan.

I just know of people who have done it before, and had it happen to one of my brothers once.

• CheyeneKLCheyeneKL Member Posts: 322

It makes sense that they don't, though, considering we have EGC and it would be easily abusable for Pig to open the gate so that the EGC timer goes down while she makes sure that anyone with a trap is unable to remove it. Even if the timer for the trap doesnt go down in a chase, the EGC timer still is and they're not often able to get it off their head in time.

I had a Pig hook me near the gate after she downed me and placed the trap on my head seconds before the very last gen was done by another survivor. She opened the gate before hooking me and it was quite an effective strategy as I did NOT survive that game, even with all 3 other survivors alive and it being my first hook LMAO

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,228

Literally no one does gens with an active trap on their head unless it's the last gen and it's like 90 percent or above, then MAYBE. But I've never seen that happen.

What I usually do anyway is, I check 2 boxes before the trap is active (if I'm not on hook when it activates). Then I hop on a gen. That way when it DOES activate, I only have 2 or 3 boxes left to check.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 7,971

I'm admittedly confused here. Are you suggesting that this happen while Traps are inactive or only while active?

If you are making a post based on something OP didn't say and then deliberately ignoring OP when they try and correct you to make your own separate point, you're not being very constructive to the topic at hand, are you?

You were the one who made a post based on an inaccurate reading of OP's post and then told OP that you didn't care what they were saying, so I'm not the one who should be questioned.

edited September 23

Better survivor know that rbt only activates after a generator is done and then its a 2min 30 timer (plenty of time). So yes they repair a half finished gen to prevent it from being regressed with ruin.

You could even ignore the entire mechanic by rushing a gen and leaving with a key (your rbt will not trigger on hatch escapes).

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 1,795

The worst part of the traps is the rng nature of the slow down. Most times survivors get them off on first try. Very rarely do i have to search more than 2 boxes.

I think that rbts should need 2 keys to remove. When trap is active, 3 boxes light up. You have to search 2 of the 3. Maybe the 3 farthest from you.

The traps are only lethal to force people off gens. In this way the slowdown is more consistent. Also opening the gates should activate traps

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 1,641
    edited September 23

Here's the changes I think Pig needs:

#1. Her Stealth needs an upgrade. Let's face it, its by far the weakest stealth in the game. She moves slower than Nurse! Why does she move slower than Nurse? It's ridiculous. She also has a standard terror radius, which makes her stealth even less useful. Remember survivors have spine chill to counter stealth.

Solution: Reduce her terror radius to 24 Meters. Increase her speed while crouched to 4.0 M/S. This allows her to make use of her stealth a little more.

#2. Her Ambush needs an upgrade. As far as anti-loop tools go on basekits of killers, this is probably the weakest. A good survivor will know to run away from the loop as soon as she crouches, and make distance. On Long Loops, its very easy for this ability to miss. There's very little reward to Ambush plays, though you can get some nice hits on certain levels and loops.

Solution: Reduce the cooldown on missed ambush attacks. Increase the length of time the Ambush attack lasts by about double. This allows it to work on longer loops, and is less punishing when it misses for an attack that's not that strong to begin with.

#3. Her RBT's need stabilization. Right now they're incredibly swingy. Survivors can get them off at the first Box, and they do nothing. Or they can get them off on the 4th box, and it provide a lot of room for snowballing. You cannot rely on this power, because #1. You only have four. #2. They only work before the last generator is completed #3. They rely heavily on RNG. and #4. You have to get a down to even use them, and I believe Pig is the ONLY killer in the game to have that requirement for what is their primary power. That's a lot of downsides to what is supposed to be her 'main' power.

Solution: Add 1 box at default. Survivors now must find TWO keys instead of one. This means survivors will always have to search at least 2 boxes to get their traps off. Then add 20 seconds to the timer. Maybe 30. This slight change makes them a little less swingy.

#4. Her Add-ons are terrible. The ones that affect skillchecks? Useless. The ones that give status effects? Unless you want to tunnel them (and you don't!) they're ... you guessed it, Useless! Her add-ons need to be fixed.

Solution: Make skill checks on boxes affected by perks. Things like Huntress Lullaby and Unnerving Presence. i see no reason why they shouldn't. Aside from that here's how I'd change her addons:

Addon: Utility Blades

• Old Effect: Survivors caught in a Reverse Bear Trap suffer from the Haemorrhage status effect .
    • New Effect: Slightly increases duration of the Ambush attack

Addon: Slow Release Toxin

• Old Effect:

This is a topic about making the timers go down when a Survivor is performing other actions. You are talking about the timer going down faster while running, which has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You are ignoring the topic at hand to discuss your own topic.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,228

You are absolutely delusional if you think it's possible to do 50% of a gen and then still have time to go search all 4 boxes (and that's not taking into consideration add ons which could add an extra box or reduce the time before head explosion or increase the time it takes to complete each box).

Unless you are blessed by the RNG gods, if you try to 50% a gen with an active trap on your head and THEN go running to search boxes that are spread out to every far corner of the map, you're going to die.

I am well aware of the combination however considering you brought up crouching to not trigger the timer pause I was more referring to chasing someone whilst crouched.

My point was that if you wanted to get kills by chasing someone whilst crouched so that the timer those down it's honestly a really ineffectual method.

As you said that combo is more efficient but also just camping somebody on the hook is just going to get the job done more reliably.