Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The Current Braindead Killer Meta...yawn

Comments

• judge_fistjudge_fist Member Posts: 114

God the illogic of these posts and the follow ups is so unreal! 🤦‍♂️

• maxkiddmaxkidd Member Posts: 21

Wow killer have a new meta build for what 2 weeks? The ds, unbreakable , (insert exhaustion perk usually dead head) and flavor of the day perk(or optimize your swf build). Not to mention the now exclusive use of soul guard and you can use detectives to sort out undying and ruin. But sure braindead killer build bad , braindead survivor build good.

• The_SniperThe_Sniper Member Posts: 76

Oh nooooooooo! Games aren't easy for you and you can't have 3 gens done in a minute and a half :(((

GG EZ BABY SURVIVOR LMAO

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

And yet killer is still harder. Funny that.

• SirBDogSirBDog Member Posts: 31

It's not 4 times, it's, at most 3, less if you go out of your way to cleanse dull totems and this is assuming you don't cleanse undying on the process of all these ruins, and only 2 of their perks are hexes. I think this is where undying falls a bit short of meta, since you can't run it with too many hexes, it's not good standalone, so ideally you only have one perk with it, and if it gets cleansed first, you're SOL with your other hex

• jisp3rjisp3r Member Posts: 307

Those perks are designed to build Gen pressure so they do know how to pressure the trial.

I still think hexes are garbage.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,399

that what I'm using ruin + Undying surveillance Ive never use Tinkerer.

• BardBard Member Posts: 657

It's used because it's a new build, not because it's particularly good.

Find Undying or three Dulls before cleansing Ruin and the build is null.

But hey, I guess if survivors are incentivized to do anything other than rush out every gen within four minutes, it's a travesty that needs to be nerfed, right?

• UMCorianUMCorian Member Posts: 521
    edited September 2020

Basically this.

Rumor has it 90% of perks suck. 5% are viable, 5% are very strong. Survivors wanna Survive, Killers wanna Kill. Most don't use meme builds, so you see the limited effective combos both sides have get used a lot.

• CalamityJaneCalamityJane Member Posts: 487

I've gotta be honest I picked a BAD time to start watching streamers. Every single match is Ruin + Undying and it's so boring to watch.

The amount of games that end with 4-5 gens up because they got hooked 6 times before ruin even broke is just ridiculous. And it's not like you can just choose to ignore it because then you're risking it protecting ######### like Devour Hope too.

• sadmyerssadmyers Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2020

To be fair we haven't got any meta changing killer perks since plauge or ghostie and it will be nerfed for sure in a patch or two. It also brings perks such as ruin and tinkerer in to the meta witch never get any play until now.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,585
    edited September 2020

Oh look, yet another survivor main badmouthing killer perk combos

This is like, so 5 years ago

Never change DBD community....

• JordanMaliciousJordanMalicious Member Posts: 340

This post just seems like a salty person who doesn't like having to play against a good build. If a good combo of perks are available, of course they will be used. Both survivors and killers have crazy good perk combinations. All that being said, everybody knows that with how popular undying has become, it will probably be nerfed because a loud minority of people will scream bloody murder at the devs until they listen.

Sad times.

• SageRLSageRL Member Posts: 5

Survivors run the same meta builds as well tho, unbreakable, ds, an exhaustion perk, and some random perk. Ruin was nerfed to the ground and now it’s become useful again and way more fun to use than before but yet survivors still complain smh...

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,573
    edited September 2020

Are you really surprised that killers are using a perk build that allows them to pressure generators? All those perks expose is 2 major problems

1) Gen speed

2) lack of good killer perks

Even then, I remember playing a game of killer where the survivor team broken every totem on Mother Dwelling and completed 3 generators vs Undying+Ruin in matter of 3-4 minutes with no item/perks, so Its not like detective hutch+ maps don't hard counter the build on even a solo-level. One of the new properties of old ruin vs new ruin is that Old ruin encouraged survivors to spilit up because a failed skillcheck paused both players repair where as this new ruin encourages survivors to co-op generator because in order to win with the totem active, your team needs to do long survivor chases and if you fail, all the gen progression from split up generators gets wasted and reset from unhooking/healing, so ironically Prove thyself is indirectly really good vs New Hex:ruin

I kinda wish that Undying didn't remove all token stacks from single hex transfer and only removed one, Maybe it could be usable with Lullaby and Third seal. Devour hope probably wouldn't activate with that because the survivor would already be on death hook or the game would be nearly over by the time that activates so it is pointless at that point.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I wouldn't mind this build if undying didn't have that extra effect of showing survivor auras when they're near a totem. Literally no reason for this perk to have this effect on top of the one it already has. It's a free Thrill of the Hunt. Apart from that it's not that bad to go against from my experience. Kind of a brainless playstyle but so was old ruin with pop, which was ran a lot back in the day.

• GrimReaperJr1232GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 889

I find it somewhat ironic that the Undying-Ruin combo is being derided for being boring in the same game where DS-Unbreakable exists.

But okay, you say not everyone runs that build. Okay, that's fair. And yes, seeing those perks combos every game is no-doubt pretty dull, but it has counters. Easy ones too. Small Game, Detective's Hunch, Maps—2 of which are common items/perks. Yes, Undying will reveal your aura to the killer, so if they're paying attention, they will know. There are simple ways to work around this. Unless the killer is Billy or Blight (or Huntress in some cases), they are physically incapable of reaching you in time on certain maps. You can cleanse them no problem.

Okay, let's say the map is small. What then? Wait until you know the killer is chasing someone. maybe you see someone get injured or you're in a SWF and your buddy says the killer is on them. The killer is distracted. You're good. If you're using the perks/item I mentioned, finding the totem should be no problem.

Yes, if you get unlucky, you could end up cleansing all 5 totems to get rid of Ruin. Easy solution? If you suspect Undying, find one hex, then find the next. You find two, then you know for a fact one is undying and the other is ruin. Cleanse both. Still Ruin? Well, one more to go. No Ruin? Congrats.

Annoying? Sure. But with decent teamwork, the totems should all be gone pretty fast. Of course, if you're solo... well, you were praying for a good team before anyway, so nothing's really changed there.

Totems were introduced as a secondary objective for survivors. All this combo does is make them focus on them for a few moments, and with there being 5 and 14 secs each, they shouldn't take much time if the survivors play well. In fact, if they're confident, they won't need to cleanse at all, and instead focus on holding the gen.

• Primalux135Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

If you talk about solo yeah we are the power role AS IT SHOULD BE but not on SWF mode.

• TeabaggingGhostfaceTeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 1,566

Do bones

• burt0rburt0r Member Posts: 2,462
    edited September 2020

Ah no I think there were some other metals since launch. First was speed self heal (if I remember correctly), then came the sabo meta with perma-broken hooks (btw I think this was the time slugging became prominent) and after that were still the exhaustion perks, especially balanced landing with its no cd passive. They were all overpowering and got nerfed for a reason.

No idea why behavior didn't keep up with this. /s

Edit: "Helpful" autocorrect -.-

• CrescentGentCrescentGent Member Posts: 60

And yet the vile combination of Adrenaline, Dead Hard and all the other ######### clutch perks aren't meta? Clown.

• burt0rburt0r Member Posts: 2,462

Nice, so ruin does not only not filter out inexperienced survivor from high ranks but even boost same inexperienced killer up there, so it can be a potatoes salad on both sides XD

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,876

Annoying in boring meta builds has been part of the game since the beginning.

We've had annoying mindless builds on the survivors side or The Killers side.

Vigil and old balanced landing when losing exhaustion when running was a thing made haddonfield a complete instant DC for most people.

The insta Saw,Stalk,hatchets build when old tinkerer was a thing.

The small PP build.

Old Mettle of man ultra combo

Slow down Freddy.

All of these builds made the game extremely boring to deal with while they weren't completely overpowered it just made the game completely brainless for the person using it.

Honestly we're just seeing the next Wave of these builds it's going to continue happening off and on