Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Leave Rift Open - [ For Premium Owners ]

If every Rift anyone has ever purchased were to be left open (just for people who buy into them) it would:

• Keep bragging rights for unique items intact as the Rift would close for anyone who hadn't purchased it
  • Reward people who buy the Rift pass with the entire product
  • Not punish casual players
  • Not punish players whose hardware goes down mid rift (me - I was out of action for 30 days)

As I won't be able to complete the Rift within the remaining 15 days I see no reason to put the 1k Auric Cells into it. Especially as this is the only item I'm interested in:

The only other item is the Dweight Pizza Pixel jacket. It's quite cool but even that is on the non premium line so yeah. 1k to purchase Nurses mask is a bit much. Again if the Rift was left open for people who buy it only I may consider it but as it stands I won't be buying.

Comments

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

the reason why season passes have to be completed in a certain time it's to make people FOMO, hence forcing them to buy the premium track and tiers. Devs have literally no good reason to leave the rift open for extra time.

• TricksTricks Member Posts: 957
    edited September 2020

What I'm saying is that ONLY IF YOU BUY the Premium track should the rift remain open. That way bragging rights remain intact and casual players / players that for whatever reason cannot complete the rift within the slim amount of time are not punished for purchasing a product.

I suppose for those players they are expected to not only buy the Premium track but buy each level they missed due to being a casual player. Capitalism sux.

Regardless I won't be buying this one because the cosmetics are just meh over all. I've bought and completed the 2nd and 3rd one but this one. nah.

• Golden_spiderGolden_spider Member Posts: 573

Solution: Don't buy the Rift if all you want is a lazy Recolor of a Yellow Cosmetic.

I'm sorry, but with the Rift their intent it's not rewarding premium track buyers, rather, as already said, making people FOMO, ultimately making them buy tiers. as you said, it's capitalism, the goal it's making the most money possible.

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

You say Capitalism sucks but you want only the people that have the Premium Pass to have the privilege. What kind of world would that be?

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,069
    edited September 2020

To make customers happy? I can never reach the end of a Pass, and it leaves me upset. I already paid for the game (twice) all the DLC (twice) a plethora of extra outfits on two systems, AND the pass itself. I now have to buy my way to the end as well? What nonsense is this?

I finished the Paladins pass with only minimal grinding and with PLENTY of time left over! Yet, conversely, the DBD pass I'm like halfway through, with no means to boost progress, even though I'm completing all the challenges I can. This doesn't seem right to me.

*Oh and the Paladins pass had 120 levels...

• Jyn_MojitoJyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

I bought the premium track because I really liked the Wraith and Zarina skins, but the rest of it is filled with so much stuff I don't want or use 🙁

I agree some type of extension would be welcome. I'm feeling burnt out and frustrated from the Rift. Some of the challenges in the final chapter are so time consuming. Because if I'm feeling burnt out, I'm not having fun. If I'm not having fun, I'm not going to play- and that's one less person contributing revenue to keep the game going. Now imagine if hundreds of ppl feel that way???

There's great reasons to play the Rift, but I'm worried how it's structured is hurting the player base in the long run. I really hope Devs look at alternative set-ups.

the rift is made to squeeze as much money as possible, sorry if I broke your ideal world where devs create the season pass to make people happy. Since the rift purpose is totally money milking and since it offers only skins and no in-game advantages, it's literally the last thing we should complain about.

• TricksTricks Member Posts: 957
    edited September 2020

I know their strategy now. Bore the hell out of you with endless rift grind till you can't take the rift grind any more and just cave in and buy it lmao.

Got the cosmetic I wanted:

And it looks like I'll be able to complete the rift:

Though I did get that sweet Dweight top I was desperately grinding towards. Had like 6 to go, gave up and bought out the slots lol:

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,224

If they did this they should remove the auric cells once it would expire to incentivize completing it within the timeframe to get the cells back or otherwise spend more money for the next one but you still get the cosmetics

• BeardedMenaceBeardedMenace Member Posts: 215

Personally, this is going to be my last Pass I buy. First one, never bought it. Second Pass, bought and completed the whole thing besides Killer Archives and let me tell you... I HD to play 4 hours a day and make sure I played everyday. I basically sweat to make sure I got my money worth. Last Pass, didn't complete... This current Pass, I'm only at Tier 38 and that's sweating my ass off trying to complete things... I know I'm not making it to the last tier which I want to because I want specific things... Sooo I'll just buy the rest of my tiers near the end, when it's about to close. Then I'm giving up on any future archive Passes. I said I wasn't buying this one (as only thing that catches my eye is Meg doll and Zarina outfit. It honestly wasn't even worth it. To time consuming, they literally make them for the nerds who play all day...