Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Pyramid Head Buff Thread.

Comments

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,440

Personally I see no problem with him other than getting rid of the sound notification when people in cages get saved.

Players need to stop trying to loop him like he is an M1 killer.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,791

Not just the sound notification; he also sees the aura of the person going into the cage if he looks in the correct direction. It's far too easy to tunnel people out of the game lol but tbh I can live with that aspect of his kit; his actual power in chases is so boring.

@SunderMun

From my understanding that isn’t possible unless the survivor has OoO. Which in that case it is working as intended.

I actually think he is a lot of fun, and maybe it is because I main him that it has given me an understanding of how to run him. Which is why I say people need to stop running him like he is an M1 killer. You have to be ready to zone yourself out, fake pallet drops or windows and not get greedy at loops. Because that last one is people’s main complaint. Which is weird cuz you and I know that if you get too greedy and drop a pallet while a Huntress is holding her hatchet you will get hit no matter what. It is the same concept with PH, and yet no one complains about Huntress being able to do that.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,791
    edited September 2020

Whenever I play him I look toward the opposite end of the map when caging and see their aura rise up from the floor until they're inside the cage. I don't like to play him much, though.

As for chase with him? Nah, there isn't much you can do. If you drop the pallet, you get hit; if you fake dropping, you get hit. If you vault, you get hit, if you fake vaulting you get hit, if you fake not vaulting and then vault, you get hit. It's all pretty monotonous. He's just another killer that forces survivors to play W simulator as he essentially disregards skill. The only saving grace, similar to that of Deathslinger, is that he's not hypermobile like a bunch of other killers, so you can just play M1 simulator to get out as soon as possible. If I'm playing survivor and it's one of those two killers, you know damn well I'm going to be as efficient as possible because I want out ASAP since it's boring as #########.

As for huntress...not really. Their are a ton of mindgames to be done. Of course, if it's a Scott Jund level huntress, it can feel helpless if it's not one of her terrible maps, but most maps it's pretty easy to avoid getting hit with hatchets, even with dedicated hits being so common.

edited September 2020

@SunderMun

If you are seeing that, that is a bug. They took his ability to see auras in a previous patch.

I feel bad that every fake vault, pallet drop hasn't worked for you because it has actually worked for me. In fact, they use their power, miss and have to wait a whole 2.75 seconds... in which the survivor could easily gain distance or even drop the pallet on their face and stun them if they are close enough.

For me boring is running around in the same circle and dropping the pallet once you think they have Bloodlust built up. There is nothing interesting about that.

So, going back to Huntress and since you say there are so many mind-games. What can you do about a Huntress who has caught up to you at a loop and there is a pallet between you and her while she has a hatchet charged up?

Your options are:

Fake the pallet and keep running, and she will simply cancel her hatchet and M1 you.

Drop the pallet and go down.

These are the same options you have against a PH who has already caught up to you and can M1 you. The only reason she holds her hatchet and he holds his knife down is in the off chance you drop that pallet.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Lmao he’s dead. I was wrong, the devs really do cater to entitled survivors.

• skarsgutsskarsguts Member Posts: 179

Did you not read the explanation that it's a lose-lose situation when he fakes his power? It has been a problem since his release.

Boo-hoo, Tunnelhead players actually have to use their brain now.

and yet dead hard for distance to a window/pallet vs an M1 killer is perfectly balanced and requires so much skill from survivors right?

Oh wait....

I can tell you now survivors will be able to bait the window, have PH put his sword in the ground, then when he pulls it out but can't attack they'll just fly out of the window anyway.

• MewMew Member Posts: 1,666

I like the direction the devs are going with him- increase the cooldown on cancelling rights of judgement, but lowering the missed attack cooldown for punishment of the damned.

Now, his power actually requires forethought and not just "lemme stick my sword in the ground for free zoning and hits."

Next up on the chopping block is Spirit again I guess.

@skarsguts

Actually we already do. I don't even fake the power because I usually like going for cool shots. The only reason I will is if someone is getting too greedy at a loop.

All I have to say is be careful what you wish for, because now all those times where I wished I could use my power right away again has come true. I am willing to bet this is the case for other good PH players.

edited September 2020

@ClickyClicky

He is not dead, but I am willing to bet that players are now going to complain about how often he uses his power.

2.75 seconds was already not a long cooldown, so I am interested to see how low it is now. 😈

• BubbaMain64BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

Survivors have plenty of counter play. It's all about forcing them into mistakes.

• skarsgutsskarsguts Member Posts: 179

What does Dead Hard have to do with anything? I never even use that garbage perk and it's easy to bait anyways.

Also, yeah, that's what a proper mind game is? The survivor is actually able to bait the attack and not be punished for it AKA hit with an instant M1.

Yes you need them to make mistakes whereas killers just have much more counterplay.

The 1 needs the 4 to make mistakes. That's why so many of the killers are unviable.

We're talking about when it's used for the distance boost to a window/pallet. There is no baiting it in this situation, and it's not a mindgame. It's just "Tap E for extra distance" with no counterplay.

You sound like you're going against green ranks who just use it in the middle of nowhere and go down.

• APoipleTurtleAPoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,260

So:

A - Pyramid Head's power was NEVER in the survivor's hands. I think you've somehow mixed him up with Plague.

B - Nothing I've said gives survivors complete control over this power. I just suggested some ways for them to alleviate the effects through skilled play and altruism. Altruism encourages good teamwork from survivors and creates more interactions with the killer (meaning it is a great thing to emphasize).

This would be a buff to Torment. It is currently an absolutely pathetic status effect right now that realistically serves almost no purpose beyond Final Judgement (or getting an unpunishable tunnel-hook). This allows you to apply it by using the Punishment attack in addition to making it more heavily punish survivors affected by it. 60 seconds is a generous timer too. If you Torment someone you're chasing and literally can't down them within 60 seconds, then you've messed up somewhere as the killer.

My changes to the cage were to make them a more desirable tool to use and you seem to have misconstrued the buffs. The survivor is "Locked Down" for 30 seconds or until they finish the (still not thought of) skill mini-game to "Unlock" themselves for rescue. They cannot be rescued or self-sacrifice during this time, but the hook state timer will still wind down (meaning at worst, there would only be a 30 second window to save them after Lockdown). Plus once again, Pyramid Head would be able to direct where the cage would go. I left the other nerfs in place so that he couldn't abuse this to camp/tunnel super easily.

I tweaked Final Judgement to force PH to actually make a real effort to use it. Most Pyramid Heads like to torment a survivor once at some point in the trial and never cage them so that they can be tunneled and killed right off of their second hook (literally as a build in mini-mori). Final Judgement is a great ability, but it would need to be toned down in some way if they ever made Torment easier to apply.

This is a "buff Pyramid Head" thread and that's what I suggested. He's at an okay power level as a killer, but kind of bland to play and not particularly fun to play against (he's basically just a weaker equivalent of Freddy). Maybe he's "fine as he is", but why can't we try and make him better? Why leave him at "fine" when he could be "great"?

• SadLegionSadLegion Member Posts: 193
    edited September 2020

Im ok with this changes but they shouldve added Exhaustion addons when survivors step in the Trail for example. Because DH is braindead easy vs Punishment of the Damned

And since the gameplay is gonna be more about cool shots than zoning out DH gonna give a free pass through PotD every time when its about to hit you. I play PH a lot so i can already imagine how frustrating its gonna be.

Post edited by SadLegion on

And thats the point really.

Survivors complain PH was “braindead easy” so he gets the nerf hammer, but something on their side is “braindead easy” and apparantly it’s fine and balanced

• SweatyTBaggerSweatyTBagger Member Posts: 14

This just isnt a good comparison at all though. You cant compare faking M2's with the two because of movement speed alone. PH fakes at 4.4 while Huntress is super slowed down with the winding up/cancelling animations. When shes chasing you around a loop shes running at the same speed that Pyramid Head is doing his trail of torment. Juking a window is similar between the two but thats because its the counterplay to knowing youre not gonna make the vault safely, which is universal. Pyramid head also doesnt care about obstructions like Huntress has to. The comparison just wasnt it. Huntress can do a lot of damage in a short time but PH is a chase ender and top 3 at doing that.

Its oddly apparent that you dont play much survivor to associate their counterplay together, and thats fine. But its good to point out bias on these forums or else bad opinions run rampant

edited September 2020

@SweatyTBagger

Huh? Pyramid Head fakes at 3.68. Huntress at 3.08... Which is only fair considering her hitbox isn't very forgiving AND she can also fake the direction in which she will throw.

Huntress can wind up right before you vault a pallet or a window. I don't understand how this is any different than what PH can do. The reason (as I've already stated) players get hit is because they want to loop around the pallet get greedy and use it as obstacle when it is already too late to do so.

My 4k hours on mainly survivor would like to say otherwise to that last statement. Don't presume to know my skill level when you yourself don't even know your own information regarding when Killers are slowed down from their normal speed.

Pyramid Head most definitely moves at 4.4 in his Rites bud. Theres educational DBD videos on youtube thatll explain to you his base stats. I can link if need be. Comparing the versatility in chase of 3.08 into 4.4 to 4.4 into 4.6 is just not doable lmao. Pyramid head can hit you without even seeing you either. Giving no time to react, unless youre part android. Not saying oh he just hits you through walls with ease but to compare Huntress who needs line of sight and minimal obstructions in between, and you need to aim it right.. Just brings me back to where I said its a trash comparison.

edited September 2020

@SweatyTBagger

LOL I wasn't talking about walking speed, I was talking about charging speed.

No time to react? Dude his power has a wave-like effect meaning it isn't instant. The comparison I made was getting greedy at the pallet, which means that the survivor has already looped enough that Bloodlust procs. Survivors want to be able to throw the pallet down knowing they can get hit through it.

Pyramid Head can hit you without even seeing you? Are we playing the same game? Unless he has some kind of aura perk he has to guess/predict where a survivor's position is.

You are seriously losing me at Huntress needing a line of sight. You clearly haven't played against good Huntresses or ones that throw bus-size hitboxes at you, which is more common than you think.

I cant believe people are comparing Huntress and PH.

One can freely aim, has a lot of range, and at full charge those hatches move extremely fast. She can then also quickly combo into an M1

The other has very limited range, turns really badly, his attacks are telegraphed by the damn floor lighting up, and he cant do anything for a little while after.

Theres a reason Huntress has limitations whereas PH was given a little something to help him out.

edited September 2020

@ClickyClicky

For context, read back a few comments ago.

I compared them in a very specific scenario, which was when a survivor is at a pallet and Huntress or PH are right behind. There is literally nothing you can do, except for maybe fake it or use an exhaustion perk.

Basically this:

I wasn't saying they were completely similar, but considering most of the PH complaints have been "Well I can't throw the pallet because I get hit either way".... So it's basically describing Huntress while she winds up her hatchet and can hit you through window or pallet?

That is the point I was trying to make.

Might wanna look into human reaction my friend. You cant "react" to the glow, you can read where hes gonna think you are but thats it. Even if you train yourself to the best of your abilities theres no way to do it consistently even though I know youre gonna argue against that being a PH yourself. Average human reaction for visual cues is a fourth of a second and PH takes .23 to fully unleash the attack from start to finish. The glow doesnt actually start for .08 so its more around .15 - .20 which is too fast for even average audio reactions. And no, Huntress hatchets cant hit through anything. You might be experiencing latency my guy

• TheStabbiNAngeLTheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    edited September 2020

@APoipleTurtle

But all of the suggestions only makes him less viable ,and only increases quote on quote more fun for survivor's, so what he can apply ROJ on hits ,only for and if you get away to start the process all over again, then you completely take away his ability to be able to final judged,That's what makes him unique as a character.

Not only do you want to change his power but you claim he has a tunnel ticket only because he can bypass two perks which are currently the strongest perks in the game so don't act like you're doing Pyramid Head a favor it's, subtle but you're definitely making him unplayable and unfun for killer side.

This seems like it was all cultivated to take his ability to take awasy BT and Ds and his mini mori as you put it it's you're last hook,how you die doesn't matter and you need to grow up.