Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Rip thana and PGTW

Comments

• LiunUKLiunUK Member Posts: 875

am i the only survivor who just dose gens instead of healing? because thanatophobia just made me not want to heal and just rush gens harder because 4% up to the max 16% slow equals 12 extra seconds on a gen which is nothing.

but now if that make it something like 6% per injured survivor up to 24% that would make gens take almost 20 seconds longer which would make me feel more pressured to heal over the current version.

the only killers i see this hurting are the one who wanted survivors to stay injured longer like oni. but i think this change will make thanatophobia a meta perk on killers who injure easily like legion and plague or oppress the survivors into not healing like nurse.

• MegHasCuteFeetMegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369

"buff to plague"

Plague is unplayable since dedicated servers lmao.

Can't wait for thana numbers to increase by like 4%.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,553

I think your putting too much faith into BVHR. it will probably be like 1% increase... I mean desperate measure is 14% extra to healing so if this perk was 14% extra to gens than it would be ok but that's wishful thinking. maybe they switch 4% that was on healing to gen so for 8% per stack but again, very wishful thinking. Killers only used it to get marginal better sloppy butcher and its questionable if it was even worth the perk slot for like Oni power.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Interesting how Pop went from irrelevant to “OP” just because they increased the timer.

I’m guessing this is the “the other side keeps using this and im sick of it therefore it must be OP” mentality.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 4,195

I think the Thana changes are good if the number increased is worth losing the slightly slower heal speed. It'll push survivors to heal over gens which is generally favorable to the killer and sloppy can still be used to increase that heal time so Thana + Sloppy will still be a good combo.

Right now Thana just doesn't have good enough numbers that survivors can just power through gens ignoring Thana.

• skarsgutsskarsguts Member Posts: 179

On no. Your forever builds are just a microscopic amount of time reduced now.

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,672

Wait until the PTB. Yet on paper PGTW barely makes much difference at all (perhaps it makes Repressed Alliance more viable, but that's it), and Thanatophobia forces survivors moreso now than ever to forget doing gens and heal themselves. It may really make things tough for Survivors.

These changes look good on paper, and may make people create new perk combinations. Plus, I am looking for the Slippery Meat Kobe Challenge!

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 9,611

Oh I'm not saying they will, I'm just not gonna be overly critical till I see the definitive number. You are right though, if it holds true to their past tweaking I'm expecting a number increase that's not substantial enough to matter.

• FreeshamFreesham Member Posts: 260

Thanatophobia is now good on Plague, since it affects other actions more and doesn't affect healing.

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 1,474

POP is op, call the embulance for DBD.

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 828

Um, if you played killer, there are plenty of times where I down a person, use Pop, down a person, use Pop, all within 45 seconds. Usually when survivors are ultra altruistic or just flat out bad. But we should penalize killer for that, naturally.

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 3,401

I Think a better buff to the perk would be that when chasing a survivors and a generator is finished windows that are nearest to the survivor and you are blocked

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 11,900

Clearly you skimed over my thread and only read what you wanted to read as I clearly mentioned about sloppy butcher.

You mentioned Sloppy Butcher exactly once, and you did it very off-handedly. You may as well have not mentioned it.

• HollowsGriefHollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

I feel like the PGTW nerf isn't required at all. First off, it's a good perk but not OP or BS, secondly it is something you can run in place of ruin which I think is a good thing. This nerf isn't serious but seems a bit unnecessary. I for one would leave the perk alone, if you are able to hook someone, find someone else and down them in less than 60s then you deserve a second pop. The rest of the perk changes seem fantastic though.

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 2,677

Thana actually feels like a buff.

It's gonna be disgusting on Legion and Plague with Ruin+Undying. Get ready for a DC wave.

• cheetocultleadercheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,084

I mean, who runs Thana without Sloppy anyway? Not too bad and it seems to be getting a decent sized buff. PGTW though... can't say I like it.

Still, best to reserve judgment until tested.

• DCashDCash Member Posts: 170

As an Oni main.....just no. Why would I ever use thana?? I could care less if survivors heal because I'm just gonna insta down them in two seconds. In fact I encourage healing because it makes blood pools for me to gobble up and it means survivors aren't doing gens. I run brown add-ons and have my power up 90% of the match. No need for thana.

• DabihwowDabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

Well then again this is DBD so its not that surprising

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,249

She may be unplayable but even if she is it's still a buff to her.

If it was increased by 4% that would be amazing lol

• CalamityJaneCalamityJane Member Posts: 487

I'm gonna be honest, I've loved Pop since Clown came out, so 45 seconds isn't a big deal to me. In fact, there've been some times recently where I've found a gen and been like "wow, Pop is STILL active." It can afford the nerf. The only issue is the inconsistency between killer and survivor. Oh, 60 seconds is too much leisure time for killers, but here survivors, have your minute of immunity still!

Thana is a great change. If the values for gen slowing are going up that's only positive. It was a pretty oppressive perk with its counter being countered by itself, but it meant the values were always kept pitiful. And what does it matter, it's most used on killers with ways of injuring lots of people and keeping them that way anyway.

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 3,696

I am really, really interested in how much of a luck boost they'll give you to escape attempts. It'd be cool if you could run Slippery Meat, Up the Ante, and a luck offering in solo queue and still have an extremely likely Kobe.

• How is this a nerf? If you ignore the perk it's stronger, because gens take longer, if you don't ignore it you have to heal which is a slowdown because you can't do gens??

medkits won't make a difference because if you had a medkit before the slowdown from thana on healing was barely noticeable anyway

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I would argue that killers have started around 10 world wars in the past year alone, we're well past world war 3 mate.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,553
    edited September 2020

After rereading the paragraph about the perk, Its funny how they mention the perk being lose-lose situation for survivor and like killer players often complain of small PP build(DS+Unbreakable) and the irony is that DS+Unbreakable is arguably a bigger lose-lose situation for killer than thanotophobia is to survivor and unlike small PP build, Thano is actually countered by... med kits, inner strength, botany where as Small PP build is kinda uncounterable and a major reason to why some killer players like ScottJund complain about it. Personally Pop goes weasel was only as good as the killer was at using it(getting hooks) and thanotophobia is one of those perks that is better off staying weak and staying unchanged as it being strong can be overwhelming for survivors. they should went for a perk like Surge to improve rather than this one. My prediction with this perk is they'll change it, realize it's kinda too strong for legion and plague and than hopefully it doesn't go pass PTB and stays as some niche perk for builds like Renjiro's Bloody Glove Oni(also known as no power oni).

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 9,611

Oh I agree on your points.

Although I do like their change for Thanata in concept (as long as the numbers are good enough), them calling it a lose/lose as you mentioned is kind of ironic and disingenuous. The "win" scenario of Thanata currently is to just ignore it because it's so weak that it doesn't matter.

• AestheticCharmsAestheticCharms Member Posts: 136

You're just whining to whine. The perks will be fine. Do you really need all 60 seconds to pop a gen 💀

• TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    edited September 2020

This ^

The whole point of Thana is to trick survivors into healing. The proposed changes sounds like this will be achieved more successfully

And if a killer needed the whole 60 seconds to get use out of PGTW, then they simply have terrible map control.

• Thatgurl_againThatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

Quit complaining, the changes arent even out yet

• UMCorianUMCorian Member Posts: 521
    edited September 2020

The only legit point I've seen is if you're going to do that to Pop, you should do that to DS as well. I have not seen one good reason why DS needs to be 60 seconds, especially in the same argument with Pop being nerfed to 45.

I shouldn't have to set a stopwatch when someone does an unsafe hook. I should be able to punish that.