Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Attention Steam and EGS players: a quick hotfix will be going live today at 11AM ET to address file validation reliability. Thank you for your understanding!

Scott and otz on ds vs pop.

supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 4,086
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

Tldr:Ds is a lot stronger as its a guarantee despite only being once per match (for you there is 4 survivors in a match) and giving survivor complete invincibility for one minute with ub. And like otz said you could pretty much bring any obsession perk and the killers forced to slow down their momentum at risk of being hit by it for no reason. (Im just using these 2 because everyone likes these two over the others others like tru3 agree but tru3s just bad apparently).

Comments

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 4,086
    edited September 2020

Well scott does kinda go into something like that to pop forces the killer to stop their momentum to kick a gen which could be on the other side of the map even with the 60 seconds right now. Ds kinda survivors can do what they want for 60 seconds hop on a gen get healed unhook another survivor ect.

• Customapple0Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    edited September 2020

Nice to see there’s a huge uprising against DS because Pop got a slight nerf.

Comparing DS and PGTW is like comparing apples to oranges....

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 828

i mean, Ruin was deleted and there was a ton of feedback about going through with it

i expect no difference

Sure, if it’s a well coordinated SWF that’s on a competitive level, but for most, if not all of solo games that is not the case

Balancing perks based on coordinated SWF teams isn’t the right way to go.

Multiple downsides actually,

1- Makes you the obsession, which can be detrimental to yourself if the killer is running Rancor or Remember me.

2- Requires you to be unhooked to even get use out of it.

3- You need to hit a difficult skill check

4- You can be slugged

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 5,427

Except that we've already crossed that Rubicon. Even at low/intermediate level, SWFs are the norm now, not the exception. And that's with the SWF smurfcomp protections removed (why?) and killer matchmaking removed (why?).

Either BHVR needs to balance around SWF, or offset matchmaking to ensure that the coordination bonus SWFs have is reflected in the opponents they are put up against.

And what is the source of this information? As far as I’m aware BHVR haven’t released any info on solo-SWF ratio recently.

• MusicNerd_TCMusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Everyone needs to see 10:55 on this video, literally everyone.

• ShrekTheThird69ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327

Really I usually go out of my way to ds the killer when it is active, especially when their chasing me or i'm on a gen.

It works every time too when you get chased with ds and its got maybe 15 sec left you purposefully make a bad play, go down, the killer picks you up because he assumes no more ds, boom free chase extension even better with 99'd sprint burst.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 5,427

Prima facie. Play a hundred+ games as killer (as I've done over the last 6 weeks) and you'll notice it quite quickly. The two most common variations I'm seeing in my terrible ranks are a 2-3 stack of red or high purples queuing with a deranked or smurf accoun or a 3-4 stack queuing with Object.

You can also observe Otz streams, where Object (which nearly always implies a premade) is so common he has just started to play around it.

• MassquwattMassquwatt Member Posts: 263

Decisive Strike has one thing that Pop doesn't which is when a survivor runs into a locker with DS active it basically gives them a massive 'bugger off' situation for the killer where they're faced with two options. Either take them out of the locker and eat the 5 second stun or basically let the survivor go and give up essentially giving them 60 seconds to do what they want. Paired with other perks like a primed inner strength and survivors can get what is basically quasi-invicibility. Regarding changes for Pop and DS these what I think are the best changes for it:

DS deactivates whenever the survivor goes into a locker. Nice and simple. Everything else can stay but get rid of the stupid locker plays because survivors shouldn't feel invicible in a locker just because they have DS active.

Shave 5% regression off PGTW and give it to the normal generator kick instead. Using the perk still has the same benefit (25%) regression however having the extra 5% on baseline generator kicks would be actually nice since current regular kicks are laughably ineffective in terms of generator regression.