Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Thanks Devs for finally fixing Pyramid Head!

R.I.P. to everyone that faked his power to zone the survivor. Now you’ll really have to M1 or predict your punishment of the damned perfectly.

Comments

• Babyyy_BoyyBabyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444

In my opinion I think it’s great balance. I actually tried to use my ranged attack in chases and I would miss them most of the time and it was a pretty lengthy cool down. Most PH I ran into never used his power just faked it for an M1. Now that they’re reducing the cooldown for the ranged attack, I can practice more without having that extra cooldown. This could allow people to master the ranged attack now.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

You don't even know the numbers, it could literally be 1-2 seconds. If you think faking the power will somehow disappear you're very wrong. It would have to be insanely high (like 5-7s) CD to make it disappear and that would never pass through the PTB.

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773

Oh no I have to commit to not just get a free hit anymore. Also lol at "perfectly" if you aren't using a range extender and they're in range you should be hitting them at least 90% of the time. If they're centered as it appears its going to hit.

I might start playing him again. He seems less boring now that they made it more viable to use the projectile outside of windows and pallets.

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 2,060

Only one problem. You don't have full control over your movement when you're trying to use it. This makes it very easy to dodge, and you can't mindgame as much with it.

• Babyyy_BoyyBabyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444

That doesn’t matter. The point is they’re giving it a small cooldown as to where if you play him today you can instantly cancel the power with no cooldown zoning the survivor which is the biggest issue with him at the moment. (confirmed by the devs)

• SCP_FOR_DBDSCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

I'm a big fan of the change, though they should probably make his wave easier to land to compensate.

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 3,696

A well-aimed ranged attack already isn't really dodgeable on my typical ping, especially if visibility of the ground is obstructed (which it often is). He can still use his ranged power in much the same way he did before, except in some situations he will have to commit to attempting to land a hit he might not. However, he also won't be punished as much for trying, which means he can also try more cheeky, speculative hits through walls and things without as much of a penalty. Seems more fun for both sides tbh.

• ElementDoomElementDoom Member Posts: 166

It doesn't matter how much you practice and there is no mastering the attack. There's a reason nobody ever used it aside from when survivors were stuck in an animation it totally locks your camera upon releasing it then gives the survivor a very clear danger zone with ample time to move out of it. The attack practically asks for permission to hit survivors but let's be honest you know that.

• MusicNerd_TCMusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I'm a fan of the change, but I'd like to see more buffs to his ranged attack to make it easier to hit, and I'd like to see him get better turning as well.

• ShrekTheThird69ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327

If the overall time from the outline being on the ground to getting hit was shorter I would say it was a positive change. If not pyramid seems to be a way worse killer now, but hey i'm not complaining pyramid is super boring.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I'd rather Deathslinger get a full rework into a 115 killer than get small buffs or nerfs to his current ability.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,487
    edited September 2020

Don’t worry after the PTB I am sure people are going to cry about how he uses his power too much.

Not everyone that faked his power did it to exploit that ability, in many circumstances players got TOO greedy and they would have been hit either way. These are also the same players who don’t know how to run him.

Be careful what you wish for, is all I gotta say.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 4,012

I don't get the argument of zoning being a bad way to play Pyramid Head. Fact is, it's just too easy for survivors to avoid Pyramid Heads ranged attack in many cases, att leastt it seems that way. No skill in the world will allow you to prevent the survivors to dodge your ranged attack. I do think this change is good, since survivors have so little counterplay against Pyramid Head right now, but I fear now the roles will just be switched, with PH's ranged attack being rather useless against top level survivors.

The decreased cooldown could be very helpful though, and of course we can't say for sure until the ptb comes out. Still, I feel like the ranged attack delay could need to be shortened just a tiny bit so his ranged atttack is still powerful.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

Nope. It is back to nurse and just less killer variety for survivors.

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773

Deathslinger would need a full on rework. You couldn't give him less chase power when hes already as slow and lacking map pressure as he is.

• StainsStains Member Posts: 75

I would like to see a small buff to his turning rate when he is using rites of judgement

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

lmao this is what the game has come to "yay they nerfed another killer into being unviable".

Huntress/Demo can freely aim, PH can't. A slightly decreased cooldown does nothing to help out his power. On the brightside though now he's just another killer you can take to Ormond and bully eh?

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I know we disagreed a lot before but yeah you're right here lol.

Also this won't be the end of it. Even though control of the chase has now just been handed from PH to survivors, they're gonna keep petitioning for nerfs until they can use DS on cages.

• TerroTerro Member Posts: 1,171

I wouldn't say they fixed PH. I'd say he is poorly designed and removing the only thing that made him strong still makes him poorly designed. PH needs a mini rework or even a full one.

Honestly, we should be able to sue devs for selling dlc and then nerfing it into the ground (not that I even play killer let alone PH). Balancing sure but nerfing it into the ground? There's a reason why any PH using his power normally was considered to be a noob PH. I'm sure they'll fix him eventually but eventually shouldn't cut it for paid dlc.

• azameazame Member Posts: 2,870

I never bullied that guy that's the thing. I didnt choose the map, never brought an offering, none of my friends did it was random. I dont know why you feel the need to bring up flashlights when currently the item is pretty ok in terms of strength its garbage compares to years ago, and also I do run OoO is there a problem?

I purposely ran towards him to showcase that dumb no cooldown insta swing. I got out of that position because the gates were open.

That insta swing forces lose lose situations it is far from fair.

• JustalittlepeeckJustalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

After that change PH could really use some mobility buffs, because he is really slow and his power doesn't possess quick enough catching in order to compensate. Like +5% speed while walking on rites of judgement etc.