Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

So.. pop is nerfed because killers are too good?

Comments

• CallmehandsomeCallmehandsome Member Posts: 529

So are you going to change DS because it just gives 60 second immunity without conditions? Like turn the timer infinite in chase BUT DS-deactivates the second you go touch a generator etc.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,683

This is a case of Us vs Them, how dare you touch my timer on my perk when the other side has a timer.

The two perks are nowhere similar and I find amusement they are compared.

DS has already been nerfed heavily 3 times, I don't think it needs looked at. Killers do need to grow a pair and stop asking for survivors to be dead on a silver platter.

Is that so you can hide as ghostface, let him touch a gen and then tunnel scott free? I don't think a perk should deactivate for doing the objective.

Maybe I should use the argument "killers should never always feel entitled for a down"

DS is stronger than DH, that can be used multiple times? I think you just like to tunnel, sorry a perk helps with that.

• PiwattePiwatte Member Posts: 162
    edited September 2020

Most of the time I saw killers tunneling and crying about DS after that... As killer, I had sometimes 4 DS users but I never take one DS in my games, I can't understand the problem of this perk. If I have a survivor abusing with the perk, it's ez for me to down this survivor.

Before changing DS, something should be done for tunnelers and campers. I don't play this perk at all, but if this perk is going to be nerfed : I will stop playing this game. BTW : No obsession in a game = free tunnel.

• Customapple0Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Why are people drawing comparisons to DS & PGTW? They are nothing alike, just because they happen to have the same timer doesn’t mean that both have to be nerfed at the same time. It’s the typical “us vs them” mentality.

• Customapple0Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Yeah sure, let’s just nerf DS to 25/35/45s timer instead. Ez tunnels.

• narfnarf Member Posts: 68

Okay, so imagine this. Someone gets unhooked and their savior hides. DS guy comes sprinting at you because that's what they do. You down her after 30 seconds because she had BT. You can't hook her now because DS. You can't slug her because Unbreakable. You just wasted 45 seconds doing nothing because her perks don't allow you to do anything.

I can't imagine, cuz I always find another survivor thanks to chili. So I never take a BT or a DS in my games. If you know you are wasting times to chase the unhooked survivor. Why are you not looking around the hook for the savior ?

I can't understand. Are you playing survivor ? Have you fun by being hooked two or three times in a row ? I don't think. Let players play a game and play it. Stop trash talking the gameplay of someone if you're doing mistakes.

• LascivarLascivar Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2020

I honestly feel that DS should be altered a little differently than a time reduction. 60s is fine, it prevents tunneling. The problem being that the person then has immunity for 60s from basically any contact, they're free to do their gens/heal teammates etc without the threat of being downed and picked up.

As others have suggested, reducing the DS timer doesn't seem to be the solution for DS, perhaps just deactivate DS if the survivor begins any interactions such as healing others/repairing generators. DS should be there to get some distance from the killer and act as a deterrent, not 60s of free invulnerability.

Often times people will just target the person they see moving if there's only one visual target. To simply let a person go in -hopes- you find someone else is counterproductive because then you have the chance of losing both of them.

I understand it may not be fun to be downed twice in a row, but fun aside, just ignoring a target when it's your only available target isn't logical. A DS target is better than no target at all.

• narfnarf Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2020

This would be fine IF there was enough time to complete 12 chases. There's not. The average rank 1 game lasts 8 minutes if you don't kill someone off fast. A chase lasts about 40 seconds if you play it optimally. 10 seconds for the first hit, 20 seconds to catch up (that is how much time it takes for killers to catch up if the survivor just holds W), 10 seconds for the down. Then off to the next survivor. If you play perfectly you get 8 chases by the time the last gen is done against decent survivors. If you always go for the Chili target you will end up not tunnelling anyone so after 8 hooks, nobody is dead. You absolutely NEED to slug and tunnel to a degree to delay gens. It is a requirement for every killer, except for god tier Nurses and Spirits. I am wondering if you're actually playing killer versus survivors with 4k+ hours if you think going after the BBQ is the right way to play and win.

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Well it could be argued that the misplay was on the Survivors side here. First the people that deliberately reveal themselves to BBQ and the troll that hides after unhooking a teammate.

In many matches it goes like this: You hook a Survivor. You move away to check the nearest gens. You may find someone, or you don´t. Do not expect the Killer to waste 40 seconds to traverse the map if someone is working on a gen in a far corner, that would just be stupid.

So now the Survivor got unhooked. You move back to check, but the savior hides and the poor guy that got basically farmed is hard not to notice. Unfortunately this happens quite a lot. What do you do? Ignore him and throw the game by spending a lot of time looking for someone that isn´t working on a gen? come on man.

• skarsgutsskarsguts Member Posts: 179

RIP Decisive Strike. Dev screwed up with the response to this post.

Hope they figure out some sort of built-in anti-tunneling system when DS is now inevitably nerfed to 45 seconds or lower.

Just continued easy-mode for killer. Oh well.

Where did I say that I will traverse the map to check a gen in a far corner ? You are creating some stupid situations. If you enjoy playing this game by tryharding to get 4K, it's your choice. Not mine. I have 0 problem with DS and BT and I can enjoy playing this game as killer.

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Seems it´s not me who likes to make assumptions here. You DID inf act mention that you find other survivors on BBQ, so....yeah it doesn´t seem you´re intreested in having a reasonable argument but just spew some BS. Have a good one buddy

edited September 2020

You have no argument, clearly. I said I'm using chili indeed. But if the survivor is doing a gen in a corner, it's a mistake for survivors. It depends of many situations and the number of survivors in the game. You are creating a SPECIFIC situation with chili. I'm not talking about a specific situation, because we can talk about MANY specifics situations if you want, no problem !

The counter-argument: the killer should use his brains and not try to pickup someone that recently got unhooked.

I haven't seen your suggestions but every one I see has a million deactivation conditions, which is unfair. It just makes a niche perk even weaker. They could re-buff it to where it used to be so killers can appreciate it the way it is now. If it was truly decisive then it would be a 1-time use at any time, not on a timer like it is now.

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 4,075

If I hook 2 other people and find the guy on a gen i didnt tunnel and i shouldnt be punished for doing well. Old mom did this and it was HORRIBLE.

Let me approach this a different way; so you think it is OK for killers to have intense slow-down perks (punishing survivors) with oppressive loadouts but a survivor can't have an anti-momentum perk that can even be countered by chasing someone else?

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 4,075

In My scenario i chased and downed 2 people! And no they shouldnt because the devs already said their looking at fixing all slowdown perks. Without slowdown a single ds could cost 3 gens by itself.

• IshinSolarcIshinSolarc Member Posts: 114

DS is from the most bought DLC, since 80% of the playerbase are survivors, it's obvious why they won't adress the issue...

Then it is your fault if you got hit with DS. You picked them up, you deserve to be slowed down, the perk is actually benefiting the survivor.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I read one suggestion which was good. The timer should pause once you start kicking a gen, so if you kick it at 44 seconds you can still get the effect.

This would at least be a little something but I'm guessing killers won't even get that. So really it's like 43 seconds you get to use it.

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 2,288
    edited September 2020

I'll just run doc and force a 3 gen madness with PGTW then.

This discussion has been closed.