Home Discussions General Discussions
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

The Obession Challenge, Tome 4.

MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 3,439

I am getting sick to death of survs when I play as Killer, denying me of my obsession challenge, so many DC and a good few of them know what challenge I am on. I don't tunnel, unless I just really want done with the challenge/game but I pretty much try to be fair/even. Why is it fair that a surv can keep their progress if the Killer dc's yet it's not happening in the reverse, I try to use obsession perks/add ons as well. I am no good with Oni for the Nemesis perk, I am getting tired of it to the point someone today messaged me and said BLOCKED, denying me of my obsession dead. I hadn't even gone after them, but there was a Meg and Cybil both healing so to be fair I got the Meg, but the Cybil player IF you are going to stand there like a plank of wood then I will down you. Ugh I stopped playing Killer today after that as I am fed up of it.

Comments

• UsagiDollUsagiDoll Member Posts: 362

I highly doubt they knew what challenge you were on unless you were making it obvious, I know you said you don't tunnel but were you focused on the obsession more than others? There's no way they could have known. But you could always use Rancor with Spirit if you wanted to give it another shot

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 974

They can’t bring back the DC bans fast enough.

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 2,018

Since there will probably always be obsession quests, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to level up Oni so that you have Nemesis as teachable. Then you can tunnel away using your favourite killer. If somebody DCs, move on to the next one.

A DC really should be counted as a kill for challenges.

• APoipleTurtleAPoipleTurtle Member Posts: 633

Highly recommend getting Nemesis from Oni when you can. It makes all Obsession-related challenges much easier and also has fun synergy with most of the other Obsession perks (just not Dying Light or STBFL). You can skip Oni's other teachables though, they are nothing to write home about.

A popular strategy for the "kill the Obsession" challenge is Rancor Roulette, where you just keep swapping the Obsession at every opportunity with Nemesis and/or Furtive Chase until you start sacrificing them or killing them with Rancor. Because of all the Obsession-changing, this strat also tends to come off as less tunnel-y then more traditional methods of killing the Obsession.

• bobcat946732bobcat946732 Member Posts: 727

I don't know how fair you'd consider it but tombstone Myers works well for this challenge with Nemesis and makes it a little harder for someone to DC since it happens so quick. You're pretty much guaranteed one at least.

• LapisInfernalisLapisInfernalis Member Posts: 1,009

I use Nemesis for it and even then some people DC. Just because they can. Even if you're playing fair.

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 3,439

It was obvious due to them saying Blocked - meaning not giving me what I needed, no I didn't tunnel but some people can take a very good guess.

• ZCerebrateZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

I said this repeatedly for awhile now... they said they were looking into it back in 2018 but never got around to following up on this suggestion which would fix this issue without causing streamers to be abused by it.

Disconnect husks for survivors. If a survivor DCs a greyed out soulless version of their avatar with crows flying around them remains than can still be hooked (for things like BBQ), mori'd, etc (The disconnect icon still shows up at bottom left for everyone). For survivor side - playing at least 3+ minute with a disconnected husk on their team automatically results in a black pip for the survivors. Survivors can also rescue this husk for bloodpoints/altrusim if they wish. Also for survivors if the killer disconnects at any point - they should have depip protection and automatically get rewarded 5000 bloodpoints for escaping (Survival Offering actually gives you even less bp if you are at a level where killers rage quit on you a lot if you're winning). No timeouts necessary, would alleviate alot of the "cuck him of his achievement/challenges" mentalities and whatever else there.

• UsagiDollUsagiDoll Member Posts: 362

I highly recommend using Spirit for this challenge, I've used Rancor for this along with moris and I've gotten the challenge done fairly quickly

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 7,872

I did Freddy with BBQ, Nemesis, Spirity Fury, Enduring, Black Box, Swing Chains, ebony.

Just get hooks and have them stun you. I got 3 a game.

I will try usuing some of the suggestions, in the way future, thank you, I don't wish to just get nemesis for this challenge and put it on the Killers I play not for a challenge and playing Oni just by then I was just blergh.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 3,455
    edited September 26

Even with Nemesis, the Survivors will try to deny your challenge. Once that first Obsession switch happened, almost every Survivor team I came across did everything in their power to prevent me from getting pallet stunned, even if it meant their death. I had Survivors start tbagging instead of dropping pallets and only use windows even though I was right on top of them. They'd see the pallet and turn away from it to get to a window, even though they'd get hit. I had to bring an Ebony Mori to finish this, and that was after eight games of only getting one Obsession kill at most. This challenge was a terrible idea and should never return.

I agree, I shouldn't have to do or use hard earned blood points for certin things when I am not much of a killer main to begin with, this very much, made me question a lot today of dbd.