Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

It feels like the developers are completely out of touch about what happens in the game

Comments

• EuphoricBliss35EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 681

Have to start somewhere. For all we know, they’re working on those things, or ya e them on a timeline.

I would just really want to know how compound 21 gets nerfed (needed) but Iri Huntress exists for 3+ years now

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 659
    edited September 25

ruin god tier LOL

it can be gone in under a minute considering the garbage totem spawns.. it's happened to me on Hawkins for crying out loud. Undying and Ruin gone before I could even get to them.

"god tier"

"buuuuh anecdotes.." -- 50% chance Undying is first to go, means they only need 2 totems and you're out of 2 perks

"GOD TIER"

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 1,309

Almo one of the I believe balance? developers said that pretty much the day it came out because of people using it to try to more or less harass killer players who point out legitimate issues with the game.

• Alphasoul05Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 134

I think it's more about them being too afraid to make any big changes to things like that, especially when it relates to survivors and their meta perks.

• thats the thing, "house of pain is still disgusting", yeah, but it used to have 2 pallets and now has one, it can spawn with some entraces closed (I haven't noticed how the windows spawn now tho).

it's not fixed but it's an improvement

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Yeah just completely ignore why DS and BT are used that much. Hilarious logic.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 453

My biggest 'wut' change was the developers quietly removing both killer matchmaking and the system that prevented high rank SWF groups from smurfstomping beginner killers.

What on earth were they thinking?

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 3,044

How, just how? Killers have received far more effective changes that benefit them in the last 3 years than survivors.

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,589

You really must be a bad survivor if Pyramid Head is a problem for you. ;)

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

The problem isn't that the devs are out of touch, it's that the community is so self-centred that we can't admit that we can make a mistake ourselves or that we, AS A COMMUNITY, need to improve.

WE allow camping and tunnelling, because the devs won't ban them.

WE allow gen-rushing because it is mechanically allowed.

WE allow the DS/UB combo, because WE STILL SLUG ALL 4 SURVIVORS AND TUNNEL.

There is not a single dev, nor content creator, platform or player that we can fault. Everyone is to blame.

• CalamityJaneCalamityJane Member Posts: 487

I like to compare it to the balance of other games. Like let's look at warframe. Recently the DE devs have made it clear that they have a very specific design vision;

"If something is so strong that a majority of people are using it, and not using it is statistically the 'wrong' choice, then that thing needs to be changed."

On the other hand you have the BHVR devs;

"If 3-4 perks on both sides are used in 90% of games for both sides, let's just leave them as is, and make tiny QoL changes to other things. Balance and player choice is not a priority."

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

You know first of this was not about red rank matches but in 80% of matches that had red ranked killers. Idk sounds to me there was a reason to use the perk, don't you think?

• TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 2,132

This is indisputably false. Where legitimate proof is provided about racism, homophobia, or any other prohibited discrimination, the devs DO take action against those players.

• LeovanniLeovanni Member Posts: 39

People aren't out of touch. A lot of people just have trouble separating anecdotal evidence from real evidence and from falling into the bad memories trap.

From what I've seen balance wise, my guess is that they watch games and review some data and try to see what just looks stupid and fix that. All else is fair game.

Watching someone take 40 seconds to heal, that's stupid. Watching someone hook, find a new survivor, down them, kick a gen with pop, then hook the 2nd survivor? Stupid. Watching a killer be unavoidable at melee+ range at higher skill levels? Stupid. Have a perk that no one can use when even trying (by any means)? Stupid.

DS is used to punish tunnelers but completely avoidable? Not stupid.

Survivor runs up with syptic agent and BT during end game collapse to counter your NOED. You suck and deserve it tbh, not stupid. Requires massive setup.

Spirit feels omnipresent? It is stupid, but unfortunately counter able by being good at looping and using iron will (another common perk). Based on what the devs say and do, will probably need spirit slightly in a few more patches.

This is just based on what I've seen devs talk about (except the BT one, that's my opinion, and probably fact)

• FirePhoenix115FirePhoenix115 Member Posts: 8
    edited September 26

''Watching someone hook, find a new survivor, down them, kick a gen with pop, then hook the 2nd survivor? Stupid.''

In what world is that stupid? you don't just ''down a survivor'' that gen kick with pop is an added reward for a hook because that is your objective. and you can only kick 1 GENERATOR, in the time that you spend on chasing hooking and kicking the other survivors or even 2 for that matter can just finish some random gen somewhere.

And i played spirit with stridor and iron will won't help you that much, she is still broken.

What rank are you playing at?

• APoipleTurtleAPoipleTurtle Member Posts: 872

Is it an unpopular opinion to believe that Borrowed Time is just about fine in its current state? Heck, I'd even be okay if they buffed it a little by changing "within the terror radius" to instead be based on a fixed radius around the hooked survivor (maybe like 20-24m).

I'd like for DS to be reworked for sure, and maybe for Unbreakable to be toned back a little bit, but I generally don't feel like BT really needs much additional balancing.

• greekfire774greekfire774 Member Posts: 154

I keep seeing the phrase amongst multiple people that most DC's don't occur unless the killer is already ahead. Most of my DC's happen in the end game when the survivors have either already opened the gates and I downed one successfully, or they'll dc because they're the first hook. There's no logical way to predict why and when people will dc ( unless you're intentionally being a dick ) so it's kind of a mute point by itself.

• greekfire774greekfire774 Member Posts: 154

@CalamityJane I've tried justifying the mistreatment by behavior with bungie as an example and people don't care. I don't know how they can't see that the way were treated is unacceptable. I used a bug patch as an example. Destiny 2 had a game breaking bug that caused year's worth of player data to be deleted instantly. They not only fixed it in 2 days they also gave a detailed explanation on where exactly it went wrong and how what measures they had implemented to prevent it from occuring again. Then we have behavior with "pop was changed because killers had too much time to do other things". Like really? I love dead by daylight and will continuing playing it in hopes it gets better but, the community managers do a poor job of actually addressing issues. I'd give them a platinum star in providing us with non legitimate answers to legitimate concerns.

• deadbyhitboxdeadbyhitbox Member Posts: 984
    edited September 26

Well, in a situation where he can just hold M2 and win no matter what I do, my skill unfortunately means nothing. This is coming from somebody who loves playing as Pyramid Head. But that's beside the point. The fact that you think Pyramid Head is a laughing stock really shows you have absolutely no clue how to play him. He's one of the stronger killers in the game when utilized effectively.

edited September 27

He's so strong, he got curbstomped in the last tournament, against survivors that weren't even allowed to go full meta, lmao.

Please, just stop. You clearly have no idea. If you have problems versing Pyramid Head, it's completely on you. ;)

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    edited September 27

People with 5k hours+ missing every POTD shot by an inch as the survivor shifts one foot to the side.

Ironically many of the hits came from the lose/lose situation....almost like his power isn't too good so people resort to using him other ways because of that.

What good is a shorter cooldown when it's still so easy to juke the attack?

PH OP BTW 🙃

• deadbyhitboxdeadbyhitbox Member Posts: 984
    edited September 27

Yes, because tournament level matches are the large majority of games, right? Enlighten me on how PH being able to M2 and hit or just fake and cancel and M1 is a me problem. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see someone who is blatantly biased to one side just say "hurr you not good" instead of acknowledging that skill doesn't mean [BAD WORD] all in a scenario I can't win no matter how good I am.

The problem with Pyramid Head is that he by design, is a very strong killer and has a super powerful chase tool, but still suffers from bad map design against tournament squads. That's why the majority of killers struggle against them. It isn't him who is weak.

• DzeikorDzeikor Member Posts: 704
    edited September 27

I mean the fact moris,ds,iri heads,maps like the game,hawking and lery haven't been touched yet should be a pretty good sign of it,maybe they didn't have time and gonna do it in the future,hopefully,along with mmr matchmaking,dc penalty,and camping penalty.

Also many points you had are just silly,I think gen speed is just right the way it is know,and if you think deathslinger is a weak killer,weaker than wraith or trapper,or pig,ghostface,you're in a world of wrong mate.

I'm tired of having to type the same stuff over and over again. You balance for the top and it's balanced for everyone. That's how it works.

https://youtu.be/X1p42KtZOCw

For top tier players PH is a laughing stock with very little chase utility, no map presence, and piss-poor tracking. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

• unluckycombounluckycombo Member Posts: 117

I'm not going to say I agree with the other guy, but I'm gonna throw in my two cents.

Yes, you do balance from the top and let it trickle down. However, the issue is that the 'Top' for this game is unreliable. The Devs stated themselves that your Rank doesn't indicate skill, and you can't balance based purely off Tournaments when every Tournament has different rulesets, bans, and win conditions. Heck, even in Hexy's tournament, the rules changed halfway through for killer add-on bans.

My point is, they can only balance from the top down so much when there is no real 'top'. They best we have are Fog Whisperers. They need to establish a better matchmaking system before we can really expect great balance changes imho- that way they can also get numbers to back it up.

There's also the issue that the difference between solo queue and SWF kinda makes the game hard to balance from top down, since Solo players don't have the same resources as a SWF. Unless they give Solo survivors an in-game communication system like other competitive games, balancing around SWF might also just ruin the Solo experience.

Imho the game shouldn't be taken as a serious competitive game by anyone. I think the fact that there's even a rank system is a mistake. But that's just me.

But the thing is, DbD is a competitive game, whether or not the devs want to admit it. The moment you pit a player against other players, it's inevitably gonna get competitive, it's just the nature of it.

• unluckycombounluckycombo Member Posts: 117

That's kinda the thing though, I personally don't think the Devs know what they want when it comes to the game being competitive or not. (I should note as well that when I mean 'Competitive', I mean it in the sense of a rank system, having consistent tournaments, and an actual Competitive Mode versus what we have now. Anything can be competitive, so I think it's important to clarify that.)

I think until the Devs really decide whether they want to fully commit to making this game competitive ready (Meaning balance around SWF, Buff Killers and Solo Survivors, create a true competitive mode with a decent MMR system and matchmaker, with better defined rules as to what a win or loss is) or casual, we're going to keep getting this weird 'Two Step Forwards, One Step Back' thing we currently see. I think it's just a case of the Dev team being split as to what to do tbh- and I don't think it was built in a way that makes it easy for it to be competitive either, especially when you compare it to any other competitive game. (I mean, the last decent game we got like this was Friday the 13th, and god knows that game was about as Competitive as five day old spaghetti.)

• ScottJundScottJund Member Posts: 843

I'm not sure why people keep attributing balancing techniques from other games to Dead by Daylight, a game that is asymmetrical and has essentially no comparisons.