Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

Survivors DC like no tomorrow

Honestly this is just ridiculous. Survivors DCing all day:

• get hit first --> DC
  • get put in basement with Bubba (not camping) --> DC
  • not getting a chance for DS because Pyramid Head --> DC
  • Realizing the killer is Spirit --> DC

Over the past 3 days I played like 50 matches or so and in 39 AT LEAST 1 survivor DCed.

There needs to be some better punishment in my opinion

Comments

• KingOfGhostKingOfGhost Member Posts: 197

You mean there need to be a punishment becaure right now there is non and i don't think they will put one .

• GodotGodot Member Posts: 806
    edited September 28

If you get upset over people trying to have fun but failing to do so because of this absurd community, then I think you're the one in the wrong here. But that's just me, don't worry about what I think.

I do agree that DCing upon first hit/down is stupid. Everything else I said? Completely fair, if they're literally struggling to play the game normally for more than 5 seconds.

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,589

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Stop comparing moris and keys. They're not equals. As a survivor, you could just Blendette-in-a-bush your way through the entire match and still get a free escape at the end if you have a key. A mori at least requires the killer to do something.

• BadDocterBadDocter Member Posts: 47

The excuse survivors have given me about the second point is that the game was already lost, I even had a few dc for the hatch and they weren't even being slugged but healthy, the sooner the penalties come back the better but i won't get my hopes up.

• ElenaElena Member Posts: 924

The DC penalties have been deactivated 3 times because of hackers, they need to come up with a better punishment for people who repeatedly DC.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 2,857
    edited September 28

That's the entitlement speaking out of you I guess. And when you speak of absurd community, do you include yourself with this attitude?

So t-baggin prevents you from playing normal? Besides that I escaped against enough Spirits, Nurses and Iri Huntress, as well as 4k-ing 4-SWF with object and whatelse on the list. Running this crap doesn't mean the player is capable of using it.But if you want to throw before you find out, it's your choice, and your problem to deal with the feedback. It is still always possible to get 3 gens done to allow a hatch escape for at least 1 person, probably even finding a key for more than that. But hey, not everyone likes to experience an outplay like that

The minimum for an early hatch escape is 3 gens, which is 60% of the objective. Being able to mori someone means to down someone twice, 66% of the objective. People forget about that. Agreed that mori off the hook is still no fun, but also mostly just possible when the unhook is plain stupid, like in front of the killer

• UnicornUnicorn Member Posts: 1,731

I can agree to disagree. I’ve seen Killer plays that negate/contradict your post. Either way, like you agreed with me: Mori off the first hook is unfun and unfair, period. I’m not complaining about dying, I’m sure my S/D ratio is garbage and I’m okay with that. I just want points and being Mori’d off first hook prevents that and pipping.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 2,857

What exactly do you mean? That there are killers that play like crap and get the unfun 4k? That does not contradict my post, all I said was, you throw games that can be fun because you are not willing to give it a chance. Otherwise explain what you mean.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 623

Mori doesn't require you to tunnel off hook. I just requires a hook, when a mori gets used is up to the killer and unless its a survivor sided snowball requiring a quick take down, then its more blood points to re hook than to 1 hook mori.

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Or something needs to be done about the WHY. But of course thats no option. LOL

• BumbusBumbus Member Posts: 133

What can you do about DC's after being hit first?

Kinda, you go to check the gen in the first time, you see survivor crouching in the corner, you hit him, he DC's. At which point the game became unfun for him? How can you fix it?

• BabyDweetMainBabyDweetMain Member Posts: 435
    edited September 29

I'm not abusing anything. I'm not going to be left on the ground for three minutes till I bleed out cause they can't find that fourth survivor. That's wasting my time and preventing me from moving on and joining a new game.

Killers aren't entitled a 4k just cause they think they did good, just as survivors aren't entitled to survive every match. If you're going to leave me on the ground, I'm leaving the match.

And before you cry that I don't understand how frustrating playing killer is, I also play killer and have no issue getting 4ks without slugging. Most of my games end when there are 2 or 1 gens left, so hatch has spawned and I mostly came across it already in a chase. Even if I didn't, it gives the survivor an equal chance to escape, just like how I have an equal chance to find them or hatch first. And if I get a 3k, then it's the same if I get a 4k, gg wp glnr.

Killer mains truly don't understand how annoying and frustrating it is to just sit there, slowly dying because they don't believe in their own abilities to find the last person. They deny themselves the challenge of the final race at the end.

That huntress I said I dc'ed for was literally using me as bait and it got 2 of my teammates killed because of it. You know how crappy that makes me feel, that I was used as bait and I played a part in getting my team killed because they chose to be nice and try to save me? It makes me feel awful. The last guy, Felix, got me up but huntress was ofc right there and literally shook her camera no at me cause she knew I was too far away from any hook so I'd wiggle free, so she downed me and left me there again and went after Felix. I just had enough and left, and a second later he had gotten hatch. I paid for dc'ing, forfeiting all the bloodpoints I earned, running killer around for 3 gens, unhooking and healing all my teammates, doing 3 totems including a hex totem, and doing 2 gens and a half. But I'm fine with that because I let my teammate have an equal chance to win.

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Even the biggest defenders of Spirit would not say Moris are weaker than keys

The ability to immediately turn the game into a 3v1 after the minimal work has been done is absurdly broken

• MusicNerd_TCMusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,089
    edited September 29

Except they both give you free and easy wins, moris are actually slightly stronger than keys. They are comparable.

• MusicNerd_TCMusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,089
    edited September 29

Are you really suggesting to remove/nerf/change the ability to M1? Since OP is getting DCs just because they are injuring someone.

Post edited by Rizzo90 on
  • Ryan489xRyan489x Member Posts: 479

The DCs are running rampant right now. I've been getting them in both killer and survivor matches. I understand the frustration with moris. My big thing is that some of them really suck, so why waste them on killers that are no fun to see. Also getting killed after one hook feels like a huge [BAD WORD] you from a killer. and ends your game way too fast. I had a killer that at least waited until the final hook to use it, I was dead either way. not all hidden killer offerings are moris

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,308
    edited September 30

I had a 3 man key escape tonight. Felt cheap, but nothing comes close to Object in terms of unfairness except maybe Ebony Moris.

None of those actually justify DCing since they are all parts of the game.

Post edited by Rizzo90 on
  • MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 742

@BabyDweetMain

"cause she knew I was too far away from any hook so I'd wiggle free"

Yeah that sounds like the appropriate time to slug. Unless you want to crawl to a hook. If you actually believe she should have let you get up for free that's very entitled. I would hope that's not the case.

• Tactless_NinjaTactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Y'know people are all like "Ahh the robots are taking over" and then I see posts of people justifying hatch escape DC's then I'm all like "Welcome my robot overlords".

Bots can't come soon enough.

But yeah I've DC'd from games that are just straight No Fun Allowed, so I've sinned too. Although yesterday I seen someone running in place then drop dead then the game froze solid for 15 seconds later in the game, so maybe the console framerate issue is to blame. I mean if your car engine isn't running right it stalls.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 1,763

There's 2 posts on this page of 2 killers DC. One is from survivor looping killer. Other is from killer because they didn't get map they wanted. Killers DC for dumb reasons too. With it being 4v1 the odds are just on survivors to do it more. They do need the penalties back because it is a noticeable amount of DC when they are off. I'd say look at logs of people DC while penalties are off and manually ban those people until DC penalties are back.

This discussion has been closed.