Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

Is there any plans to reduce the grind?

With every new chapter that comes with 6 new perks and 2 new characters, the grind already feels like a mountain. Are we getting bloodweb or bloodpoint changes anytime soon?

Comments

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 1,839

It has happened before, so never say never.

• GoodLookinCookinGoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 336

What has happened before? Did they reduce the grind in the past?

• Tactless_NinjaTactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    edited September 29

If you plan on P3'ing everything then yeah its a massive grind. Otherwise most people skip certain teachables and main one character.

Wouldn't mind seeing it alleviated more though.

• kaerukaeru Member Posts: 721

Not so long ago they made 3 perks appear in bloodweb after level 40 and 4 perks after level 50. I think it would be great if 4 perks appear in blood web after level 20. And 10 perks after level 50. That would reduce grind.

But best way is get rid of perk tiers I agree. Each side now have over 120 perks avialable if you have every DLC.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 3,163

As @The_Bootie_Gorgon said removing perk tiers would be the best thing. Though since they are making the changes to rarietys in the mid-chpater patch I don't think they will.

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 2,287

Keep the grind more or less as it is. Maybe make stuff in the bloodweb slightly cheaper (for example instead 7000 for a red, make it 6000 or 2500 for a brown etc)

I know, people hate to grind for their perks, items and addons but as much as you believe you dislike it, it is a very important factor why you still play the game. You just dont realise that.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 1,744

How about having the first tier on the web but after that make it based on using the perk to then tier up with 4000-5000 BP

• LittilAvindarLittilAvindar Member Posts: 177

They're changing them, so at the end, they'll all be in the same rarity tier, but that's likely only because rarer tiers of perks show up less on a bloodweb.

• IronIron Member Posts: 236

Most people will probably disregard my comment considering I'm an older player, but here we go.

The grind isn't that bad. They have added additional perks to bloodwebs to decrease the grind, they made shards worth about 10x the amount of bloodpoints they used to be worth, they made dailies easier and worth twice as much, they've increased the worth of all bp offerings for single categories by 25%, they've increased scoring event bp in game multiple times, they've created multiple different double bp offerings that are stackable, and they introduced the rift, which has a few million bp in challenges every time.

Bp are easy to get and if you're not a completionist then the grind isn't really that much.

• C_FrankC_Frank Member Posts: 128

the problem is the blood web. for perk maybe go down to lvl 30 for 3 perk and 40 for 4 perk. on the other hand, for survivors, being able to carry an item with addons each game is very simple. For killers, farming points is a chore for some. With the demo I use bbq just to be able to recover the rat liver. there are things that, due to their level of rarity, are very common and should not be, and others vice versa. there is a lot of garbage on the blood web. Maybe adding something that you can change items or to take out the garbage that one has accumulated and will never use would be good. for example change 3 yellow addons x one green

• IronIron Member Posts: 236

I understand that there is a lot to do, but realistically looking at it, is 10 hrs on average per character really that much to just get them some decent perks? I've put my time into killers more than survivors with all but 6 of them being P3 all perks (the remaining ones are still P3 50 minus blight), but I still have 6 survivors all perked and most every other one is prestiged at least once. I'm just saying that it's not as bad as people say it is.

I would still like maybe one more set of perks per bloodweb and to increase the shrine amount of perks to 6 or 8, but I don't think much beyond that is really needed.

I'm still grinding like 90% if people, but I guess I'm just seeing it differently since I started nearly 4 years ago now and saw how bad that all was.

• Angel_di_SoufreAngel_di_Soufre Member Posts: 32

Yes, it’s too much, I can beat other games in 10 hours, and then, 10 hours for the chance of getting the perks I want, 10 hours is too much of commitment for finally having options in a single character in a very casual game

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,589

Nope. Keep grinding, fam.

• ZCerebrateZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

An increase to the weekly shrine might negatively effect their bottom line since selling chapters is supposed to be easier than waiting around for them to pop up in the shrine teachables. As a player I agree that would be nice but I can see why it would be harder to sell if it has a risk involved with direct sales.

10~15 hours on average per character on either side using offerings, dailies and archive challenges is still a pretty intense grind. You have to think that could be almost 2 weeks for a casual player who plays a 1~3 matches every evening for their dailies.

People like you and me who have been playing for years and have unlocked everything have to step back objectively and try to see this from the average target market... BHVR's only risk in removing "too much" of the grind is that people might ultimately run out of things to spend bloodpoints on at some point other than Prestiging III on each character over again. There'll still be more than 500+ minimal hours of game time investment which should retain players since they release new chapters (killers, perks etc) and even gameplay changes or balances.... heck even cosmetics keep people invested to some degree.

If tiers won't be removed from the game then the webs need to be significantly smaller with 6 perks available instead of 4 at a time. There should be less than half the current nodes that just suck up points even if you manipulate the web well - as grabbing more addons and offerings can be that ending point sink once all the perks are unlocked.

The category limits for each match being at 8k should be lifted or at least keep the post game 1.5 or 2x Bloodpoint type postgame reward (like event times) as a constant effect. Rework certain perks (Distressing, Beast of Prey, No one Left Behind, etc) and killer addons (Especially ones that give a detriment in exchange for more bloodpoints like two of the Nurse addons) that give increased bloodpoints in certain categories to work like post-game rewards for those specific categories so they actually stack even further with BBQ / WGLF and aren't limited by the current 8k cap. There is no reason for those even trying to specifically BP grind to run these like "Speed Limiter" Hillbilly if you're maxing out those categories anyway through normal play.

• AkitoAkito Member Posts: 269

when the game was kinda new you already had to level your character like sth about Level 71. Beside that grinding was much more intense and gaining Bps very hard, even if you would get rid of all tiers you had to level 83 bloodwebs (still increasing)...

I hate it. And still it's so time consuming p3ing every character and getting the perks you want on them. Or all.

• OBXOBX Member Posts: 526

These devs and devs in other games always want players to fall into the “sunk cost fallacy”. it helps retain players that would otherwise leave a spaghetti coded game. The big issue is for new players. Myself and many others that have been playing the game for years have every perk unlocked so getting 6 new ones each patch is not really that much. New players...... good luck.

• SweetTerrorSweetTerror Member Posts: 1,203

This is precisely why I haven't prestiged any character. Between working and parenting I only have a few hours each day to play a game, and spending hours grinding bloodpoints isn't exactly my idea of a good time.

To be honest I'm fine if they want to keep the grind unchanged, but given the amount of perks now available they definitely should be having bloodpoint events more often. Maybe perhaps a double bloodpoint weekend once a month or something.

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 1,670

These were all positive changes, but they all came hand in hand with yet more perks and more characters to unlock them on, so they didn’t reduce the grind so much as stop it from getting astronomically worse.

Besides which, BPs are easy to get when you know the game. When you’re a new player, you struggle with BPs because a) you don’t play in a way which maximises BP gain, b) you find it harder to complete challenges, and c) you don’t have any farming perks, any BP offerings, etc.

A new survivor will probably earn like 10k bloodpoints in a match if they’re lucky, and that will be it, no multipliers. How far does that get you on a bloodweb? Two or three nodes?

The grind is an issue for NEW players, because they have absolutely nothing to help them with it. Nobody is concerned about someone with 1000 hours grinding P3 on everyone (I’m in this boat myself and it’s not really an issue for me), we’re concerned that new players have to sink tens of hours into the game to unlock a few measly perks and will get frustrated and give up. Especially since every time a new player complains about something like being tunnelled they get told “just run DS” or flashlights they hear “just run Lightborn”. Perks are the answer to every annoyance in this game so if you’re new and don’t have them you’re [BAD WORD] out of luck.