Home Discussions General Discussions
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

You should PLAY the killer before complaining about them

Comments

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 1,384

Weren't you one of the people complaining about the Pyramid Head "nerf" before the PTB went live?

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,254

Deathslinger is my second main and I have never had an issue with this.

His hits being inconsistent doesn't do anything about the core complaints with him, which is the ability to zone. Idc if the Deathslinger misses because the game is trash or because he can't aim. I care that I have very limited ability to do anything about it myself unless the killer is bad.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

Yes.

But not just as the killer but also against the killer, not once not twice but like hundreds of times. In other games it is so common to do this and here most get drowned by yelling of op.

• Leachy_JrLeachy_Jr Member Posts: 677

If you had played slinger you would realise that it's borderline impossible to hit an unpredictable strafing survivor. If he's not constantly strafing then he's only moving at key locations forcing a 50/50.

• UMCorianUMCorian Member Posts: 266
    edited September 30

The Killers that get complained about are typically whichever ones Otz puts on his S tier list this month.

Playing them, not playing them, playing against them or not playing against them don't have much to do with it.

Oh, and Deathslinger. Because, yes, apparently everyone hates Ole' Limpy. Me, I just wish there was a skin for him in Red Dead Redemption 2.

• cannonballBcannonballB Member Posts: 36

I am trying to play killer as much as possible but I gotta admit, it really is discouraging as a newer player to sit on the other side of the map when the gates are opened, knowing you lost because you couldn't get your momentum, and they sit there for the entire timer.

I'm standing in the corner on the other side of the map because I have displeased the entity. Stop making my life worse, you jerks! I'm already going to get hentai'ed later as it is. Have you not seen Blair witch? You should know what to do when you see someone standing in a corner! Run tf away!

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 2,092
  • Jyn_MojitoJyn_Mojito Member Posts: 231

I had a daily pop up for Myers and thought, let's give it a go. Played with scratched mirror add-on and had such a blast my neighbors could probably hear my joyous cackling 🤣

• Ryan489xRyan489x Member Posts: 309

Very true. I've been trying to play both sides of late and it's really bad on both and I know it. Just had a game where I kept getting blinded while kicking a pallet. I'm not even looking at the flashlight and it works. you want toxic play that's pretty bad not to mention the tea bagging survivors. Sure I'm not the best killer in the game but I don't play like an [BAD WORD]. Typical DBD community. play toxic because you can. Both sides do it. I try not too and it's frustrating

• Xbob42Xbob42 Member Posts: 929

The best way to really find out if there's "counterplay" to a killer is to play one into the red ranks. Pick one that you really hate. Then keep playing it and see if you can spot the survivors that make every chase miserable. Watch what they do. Record the match. Take notes. Become that survivor.

If you never encounter such a survivor (hence why being deep into red ranks is important) then you may have found an overpowered killer. But trust me, you'll find them.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 2,835

I would go further than that and say play both sides, to truly understand how each side works.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 4,487

So since I main Pyramid Head I'm allowed to complain about his lose/lose and how I'm really really glad he got changed to be a lot more skill and prediction based?

Thanks man! :D

If a survivor is strafing, walk up and M1 them. The main complaint with Deathslinger is that he puts you in a lose/lose that's very similar to PH unless you happen to start your chase at a very strong tile. If you dodge, you lose a lot of distance and he walks up and M1s you. If you don't dodge, he shoots you in the back. Deathslinger can just spam ADS a few times to see what the survivor is going to do; it's not like there's just a 50/50 between dodge/no dodge.

• Leachy_JrLeachy_Jr Member Posts: 677

His hitbox for his harpoon is tiny, you only need to constantly strafe a bit. Not like huntress where you're strafing like you're trying to dodge a mini van. He's 110% speed, so you should be able to get to the next pallet despite your movement inconsistencies.

He cannot "react", I have no clue where people are getting this from. Survivor strafe speeds are so fast and his hitbox is so small he cannot react to survivor movement period. He either baits, or doesn't bait. He doesn't suddenly shoot when he's baiting because the survivor didn't move.

See this is a pretty clear defining factor between people who do play slinger and don't. He doesn't "react", ever unless a potato survivor vaults in front of him.

• AlphaphaltAlphaphalt Member Posts: 232
    • Phantasms triggered: 3,560
    • While speared: 582
    • Cages of atonement: 81

(and I don't cage, I save for mori)

All three need changes.

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 948

I highly recomend spine chill. So aside from the fact that it gets around cheeky M&A builds myers hag etc. Spine chill can alert you to stealth tinkerer killers and aware you if the spirit whilst phased is still heading your direction. Yea its crappy to name a perk as a counter but I do think spine chill is under utilized.

If the slingers range wasn't so bad and his capacity of one shot wasn't so awful I'd agree with his tr being increased but he has so many problems I wish when they get around to looking at him its not just the legion, pig treatment where they straight nerf his ass to unplayability.

• ToxicMyersToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,154

Idk about that, I have seen people get beaten with canes before lol

• ToxicMyersToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,154

I love scaring the [BAD WORD] out of people on this game. Usually when I play streamers they are always on edge because I run dead rabbit M/A which means I virtually have no terror radius unless I'm right on your trail. Only issue is OoO is god tier against this build and spine chill negates the suprise effect

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,537

DS just needs that damn terror radius sorted out. How is it one ranged killer has a 45m lullaby and the other has perfect stealth?

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 641

Unlimited range with the ability to wombo combo for a fast down

vs

limited range that can't wombo combo without getting 8 stacks in a perk and ignoring a survivor all game.

I use spinechill so never really have any issues running deathslinger for 3 gens. Because he needs to catch up to me to even get the first hit.

It is people that refuse to drop meta second chance perks or feel entitled to 1v1 the killer all game because they know where to stand on a loop that have problems with him.

• Kumnut768Kumnut768 Member Posts: 771

no that means the survivors were trash or you just played well

• Kumnut768Kumnut768 Member Posts: 771

and i main spirit and i want her to be reworked

• azameazame Member Posts: 2,330

You dont even need to be out of postion you could see him coming and a pallet could be 10 meters away but you can make it. All he has to do is press m2.

If you constantly strafe, even against a 110% movement speed killer, they will catch up to you very quickly. Pyramid Head is also 110% when laying a trail of torment and can do the same thing easily.

I never said that Deathslinger needs to "react". If the survivor strafes when you get close or in response to ADS spam, just walk up to them and M1 them. If the survivor does not strafe when you get close or in response to ADS spam, you have an easy ranged hit if you want it, or you can still choose to M1 if they won't make a pallet or window and you don't want to take the time to reload after the hit. There's not really any reaction time involved. You can ADS almost without penalty, so you can spam ADS to determine whether or not a survivor is going to attempt to dodge your shot. Once you've made your determination, you can either quickscope them or M1 them and they're taking a hit. The only way to avoid this is to be on a strong tile when he shows up, but good luck with that given his quiet TR audio and that many Deathslingers run M&A.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,704

While I agree with the conclusion I disagree with the reasoning.

Things that annoy you from the PoV of the Survivor aren't likely to annoy you from the PoV of the Killer, that doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

That said, what playing the Killer/Survivor perk/Whatever CAN help you do is come up with viable solutions.

Sometimes an annoying Killer mechanic is also vital to that Killers success, sometimes a mechanic is causing annoyances on both sides and sometimes it's just a side thing. Knowing this improves the quality of any suggested solutions.

For example if you know an annoying mechanic is also important for balance reasons, then you'd know to counterbalance it's removal with a large buff to take it's place.

Whereas if it turns out to be a minor portion of their kit, an addon for example, then less compensation is needed.