Home Discussions General Discussions
We have deployed a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose pips when a match was cancelled.
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!

Blight: there’s really no point trying on the swamp maps.

Yeah, ok, all killers have good maps and bad maps, but in Blights case the swamp maps present a significant handicap that basically guarantees a win is handed to the survivors on a silver platter.

PLEASE!

RAISE!

THE DAMN!

CAMERA!!!

Comments

• JustalittlepeeckJustalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

I actually could bear playing on swamp on blight if he did actually bump into stuff there and didn't lick it while facing it at 90 degrees angle.

On the other hand, I hate so much getting on reworked Yamaoka and Badham, geez. So many grass and fog, I can't see anything. Also, ridiculous tiles where you can't really chain your power. Awful map, I'm actually fighting my bugged power and idiotic map more than I fight survivors.

• Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,856

i just got a 4k on the swamp map and actually prefer it as blight, due to the hex locations being so hard to find.

rushing into walls is weird tho i'll give you that

• ZCerebrateZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

Low camera angle is one of the biggest complaints about his entire character after people have gotten more used to his power and how to shutdown a lot of loops with it and get around the map to pressure using tinkers, undying, ruin combo.

• FreeshamFreesham Member Posts: 238

I had the same problem. Literally could not see any part of the survivor while chasing them through the tall grass, had to guess half the time where they went.

• NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

The worst map i played with blight is haddonfield. Even indoor maps are better.

• BlackMercuryBlackMercury Member Posts: 163

The low camera angle definitely hurts him but tbh I love it too much, I feel like a little coke gremlin.

Bigger issue with swamp maps though is def that he just cannot bump into stumps and some hill sides, even if you're staring straight at them.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 4,575
    edited September 2020

I don't really have a problem with reeds on swamp maps personally, although I am a very sound-reliant person and those squelchy feet are very easy for me to track. It is the other tiles that do me in: Grim Pantry's shack-into-junk, and the junk tiles in between the reeds, specifically.

• SadLegionSadLegion Member Posts: 101

I despise swamp after couple very unpleasant games there as Blight. I'll probably start disconnecting there to be honest. Yeah the camera problem is annoying on most maps(especially corn maps and Ormond), but its not the main reason for me why swamp sucks so much. The main reason is that im sliding off every single tree and stump. There is no reliable way to tell if i will slide or bump into something there. That combined with grass areas, and main buildings, makes Blights ability just useless there. And loops are weirdly shaped, no way you can use ability around any loop as well, and they are really safe for survivors to hide when you are in lethal rush. Worst map for me when i play Blight

• SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 872

Yeah... please just move the camera up. The Blight's size is average, not small...

• APoipleTurtleAPoipleTurtle Member Posts: 945

I never feel like trying on the Swamp maps with any killer, really. Or any survivor...

But I just despise Backwater Swamp in general. It still reminds me of the time where the game's matchmaker decided I was only going to play Pale Rose for around 12 trials in a row. I was beginning to feel like Shrek towards the end; just wanted to "get out of me swamp".

• jackal470jackal470 Member Posts: 122
    edited October 2020

That is my only complaint, imo the Blight is the best original character created including perks(other than The Oni?) in a real long time