Home Polls
The celebrations continue. :sparkler: The Entity has extended the Gilded Stampede event by an extra week. Log in daily to redeem 50,000 Bloodpoints for each extra day until the end of the event on March 4th 11AM EST!
https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/lunar-new-year-2021

Which Survivor Has The Worst Set Of Teachables?

ManyAchievablesManyAchievables Member Posts: 282
edited December 2020 in Polls

Same as that one I made for best three teachables, but instead of best, it's the worst.

Personally, I'd say either Quentin, Ace or Ash. Probably Ace since his perks are all situational and have a weak effect on the match.

Which Survivor Has The Worst Set Of Teachables? 146 votes

Dwight, Meg, Claudette, Jake or Nea (Specify)
2%
TsukiYureiTheButcher6641Lokami_san 3 votes
Laurie, Ace, Bill, Feng or David King (Specify)
32%
CheersVolantConch1719JarkorTheBurninatorDimekfeechimaCashelP14Fog_KingTheRockstarKnightUnnamed_FreakSkeletalEliteNuclearBurritoFichteHiroTaigaAhoyWolfRaven014palletsryummyDetailedDetrimentthenegativonezmassaniSapoSapo 47 votes
Quentin, David Tapp, Kate, Adam or Jeff (Specify)
22%
GibberishAdelooRepliCantDr_TrautsSblitcherHertsuFINxTudorBeHasUDr_LoomisAdirom175HellraisingPredatorAllhel1nimesulideGothicPrincessAwkward_FiendSlashstreetboyBassTramAlifyTrialByFire476herrik666 33 votes
Jane, Ash, Nancy, Steve, Yui, Zarina or Cheryl (Specify)
36%
BardMrDardonSalty_PearlTapeKnotbrokedownpalaceNeonAlienJacoby2041Walker_of_the_fog_96DreskiSunderMunmusstang62PassarinoTUistreelSillierHorizon5RydogpichumudkipRoboMojoSebaOutbreakGlamourousLeviathantenoresax 54 votes
The Basegame Perks
6%
michaelmortonLeonardo1itaMaxwellSpeeddemonsaifIllutionoDonutsRGoodArialDwightFairfieldToxicNeaKarlsson 9 votes
Post edited by ManyAchievables on

Comments

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 1,729

Ash. Buckle up is garbage just as Flip Flop and Mettle of Men is very situational.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Ace's are all luck based.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,776

Ace because ace

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 1,911
    edited July 2020

Ace's perks are just really bad. Like, wasted perk slot bad.

That said, there are a lot of characters with garbage teachables. I wouldn't argue with anyone that says Steve, Yui, Zarina, or Ash have worse teachables.

• VolantConch1719VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 960

It's close between Ace and Ash for me. They're both terrible.

But Ace has an aura perk that's useless without other aura perks, a perk that make the massively RNG Luck mechanic SLIGHTLY less RNG, and a perk that can give goods things on great items, or terrible things on terrible items, depending on how chests favor you.

Ash has a perk that punishes the Killer for slugging, an aura perk that allows for tight rescues when the Killer is slugging and a perk that (when it works) gives an extra health state. This is why Ace will always be rock bottom with perks.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 3,624

Ace. Funny part is next tome will give us challenges to use these perks lol

• ThePoliceThePolice Member Posts: 344

Ash unfortunately, despite being the coolest survivor

• DerZuntorDerZuntor Member Posts: 237

Ace

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,818

Quentin, in my opinion no boubt a bout it. His are the only teachables I haven´t unlocked.

• Jane, Ash, Nancy, Steve, Yui, Zarina or Cheryl (Specify)

I love Ash, but... Ash.

• GhostyyBoiGhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416

Steve or Ace.

• pichumudkippichumudkip Member Posts: 144

Steve or Ash TBH. Yeah Ace's suck but Ace in The Hole is good if you're running low on certain add ons you really like using/want to bring. Steve has Second Wind but it's basically useless if you get caught first (same issue with Deliverance) and Ash has MoM and Flip Flop which imo, are only good if you dedicate builds to it.

• Seiko300Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,417

As an Ace main, this feels like a blatant attack on my in-game identity. I refuse to vote.

Lmao

"Some call them the worst teachables... but it's more like great teachables that just haven't been reworked yet" -Aces and Eights definitely-canon-description

• BardBard Member Posts: 471

Ash.

Lets look at what these things do.

Flip Flop

If the killer slugs you, you can wiggle out a little bit faster.

Meanwhile, Unbreakable or Soul Guard lets you actually get up.

Buckle Up

What's this?

The auras of slugs are revealed in varying shades of pink/white? OH BOY SUCH VALUABLE INFORMATION.

And what's more? Revealing the auras of the killer after you pick up a Slug? You mean in a situation where you'd absolutely know where the killer is?

Mettle of Man

Waste 48+ seconds healing on one health state.

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 461

I would say Quentin. I think the usefulness of some of these perks depends on your play style, but I can't think of a situation where I would burn a perk slot on guaranteeing myself a med kit, or opening the doors faster. Vigil can be useful, but not useful enough for me, personally.

• SCP_FOR_DBDSCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

If yall didn't think it would be Steve. Yall. Really. On. SOME SHI-

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 1,109

Ace but steve and ash are close seconds.

• FFirebranddFFirebrandd Member Posts: 767

I think I have to give it to Steve.

Second Wind can only be used twice and is way too finicky on the activation requirements. If anyone else even touches the person you're healing, you don't get it.

Camaraderie probably won't activate, can only activate once and is... kinda meh when it does.

Babysitter... an anti tunnel perk that stops functioning if the Killer is too close... with a side of attracting the killer to you. I'll be honest I considered getting this because I frequently SWF and am the best looper in our group... but in general play I'd never use it.

• CalamityJaneCalamityJane Member Posts: 487

Ace. The three that are coming up in competition are Steve, Ash and Quentin.

Steve and Quentin have Second Wind and Pharmacy, both of which I have run from time to time as a self-healing option without the massive waste of time that is Self-Care.

Ash is really close, but Flip Flop can fit into a slug build, and Mettle of Man is difficult to use but pays off huge when it does.

Ace's only perk worth a damn is Ace in the Hole and all that's good for is hoarding add ons, it doesn't even make a great improvement to chest looter builds most of the time due to the sheer amount of crap add ons.

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 1,546

Steve.

They are all pretty much useless or have a massive downside that outweighs the positives.

He also has a conditional perk(Second Wind only activates if unhooked) with a secondary condition(Healing another(s) survivor for 1 total health state) that needs to be met to activate it AND IT HAS A DOWNSIDE!(Broken for 30-34 seconds after being unhooked)

Otherwise I'd vote for Ace but given that "Ace in the Hole" is now the only way to farm(Or retain) add-ons in trails themselves it means it has a use along with plunderers unlike anything Steve has.

• MichealMicheal Member Posts: 60

Ash's buckle up needs replaced or a big buff what would be cool if they made it were buckle up you can pick up your survivor friend and move him to a safe location or run through the gate

• Walker_of_the_fog_96Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

My main character is ash, but damn his perks are trash.

• Jane, Ash, Nancy, Steve, Yui, Zarina or Cheryl (Specify)

I main steve, while second wind is useful sometimes the activation f it and timing is too slow to be worth it over other perks. Babysitter doesn't really help anyone and screws you over a little bit, take borrowed time instead. Camaraderie is always gonna be useless unless it activates last second, and even then other perks would help wayyyy more. So steve

• KnightFall28901KnightFall28901 Member Posts: 16

Ace

• SebaOutbreakSebaOutbreak Member Posts: 305
    edited October 2020

Ash. Buckle up is useless. Flip Flop only works when you get slugged, and it may still be useless if there's a hook nearby. Mettle of Man... don't even get me started on that one.

A close second is Ace. Ace in the Hole is my guilty pleasure, and it has saved me a couple of times, but it's true that it's pure RNG. Also, if someone else loots chests before you, then it's useless. Up the Ante is absolute garbage. And Open Handed is just weak... not as terrible as Up the Anthony, but still, pretty bad.

Bronze goes to Steve. I really wish Second Wind was better cause I like the idea. But there are too many conditions for something that can completely backfire.

• zoozoom6zoozoom6 Member Posts: 812

ash is the only survivor with no perks worth running aside from mom memes. i use ace in the hole from ace and steve looks like he has some situational perks but ash is just bad

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 2,583
    edited October 2020

Ace. Open Handed is decent with Bond or Kindred, Ace in the Hole is very niche and something I pretty much only run when the tome commands me to open chests, and Up the Ante is only useful in Slippery Meat meme Kobe builds.

Ash would probably be second for me, followed by Quentin or Steve.